• Published 6th Oct 2015
  • 15,071 Views, 342 Comments

So you are suddenly a soon-to-be husband to a Sun-Goddess. - TheDawsonator1



Jason gets drunk one time at one of Pinkie's many parties. Unfortunately when he wakes up, it won't be the same again as trouble after trouble comes for him.

  • ...
105
 342
 15,071

PreviousChapters Next
One shot, One Relationship.

It’s been fifteen days since some stupid law forced Celestia and I to marry due to a drunk bedding. You’ll be happy to know that one vile Starswirl the Bearded statue is destroyed. But as for Celestia, I haven’t heard from her, not even a letter, Luna, nothing.

Is Celestia mad at me? It’s understandable is she is, my stupid ass challenged her to a drinking game and we fucked up literally and figuratively AND royally. She could just be trying to sort herself out or she’s like me, avoiding my problems until it comes up, well it's human nature isn't it?

Somehow I doubt Luna would let Celestia just shy away from this thing, it doesn’t seem like her. Luna can use the “You think you have it bad? I was thinking about my mistake on the moon for 1000 years.” line or something similar.

That said, I think the waiting’s over, I’ve had enough time to hope this was all some dream, this isn’t something I can just run away from, Dash agrees, she may be blunt as hell but she has some damned good wisdom.

I have one spare day today courtesy of Mrs. Cake and Pinkie Pie, I’m going to see Celestia and talk this out, I don’t know how but it’s better than sitting around here with some constant bloody worries about the whole thing.

So here I was, expended my bits on a ticket and am currently going up to Canterlot by myself, I’d have brought Dash along but the board at the weather team were poking their noses in again so Dash has to be at top form to keep her job and her house, if she did lose she might crash with me and in the future that may cause problems with the whole marry thing.

I’d like those problems and I’d never thought I’d say it, have my job on the line from the board rather than the inevitable consequences of marrying Celestia. I am not stupid, I know they’ll be people who hate me, people who may even want me dead in the future for something or another while being married, that thought alone has scared me into a couple of sleepless nights.

Celestia has also been my thoughts, when a Princess that raises the sun and end up being together it’s very hard not to, why does relationships have to hurt so much and we're not even getting started?


30 minutes later saw me at the castle waiting in line to see the Princess, most petitioners. About half of which were nobles with their head so high and further would put their heads stuck in their asses. The other half must have some pretty pointless petitions, I’ve seen some of them, some may be legitimate, but that’s none of my business.

I never felt in common with these ponies right here, they complain like idiots on a forum on just about anything as long as their exercise their complaining rights.

I guess that’s the price of caring, the doors opened again as a pony actually looked satisfied came out.

“Jason Anderson? The Princess would like to see you in person” A guard walked up to me.

Guess Celestia saw me coming, at least I’m not storming in the throne room demanding to talk to her.

“Fair enough, lead on please” I motion him to lead me to Celestia.

I follow the guard , just your standard white furred blue maned guard, they actually have enchantments for that stuff, apparently they used to dye but the manespray costs were unbelievable until the enchantment was discovered. Personally, I wouldn’t want to be guard, I don’t think I’d be brave enough, no knight in shining armor here…haha! Get it? Shining Armor? Twilight’s brother? No? Tough crowd.

So a floor up and few hallways later I was shown the door I needed to enter and Celestia already in it. Here goes nothing.

“Hey Celestia” I say as I do a nod in a casual way.

“Jason” Celestia merely said.

“Okay, you know what this is about so let’s get right to it, shall we?” I start talking.

“Yes, I admit I have been…avoiding the subject.” Celestia admits

See? Even the great Princess Celestia tries to delay her problems and that’s Not perfect Princess: 2 Perfect Princess: 0. Need to up your game there, Perfect Princess.

“Fifteen days does say that, I waited for that long, not even a letter, I’d thought you’d have figured something out by now” I say, honestly thinking she'd have a solution.

“It is not the most appealing idea as I am sure you must feel the same way. Luna suggested three months from now we marry, it has to be done by six months according to the law” Celestia admits her reluctance to marry.

“That’s enough time, but for now I have a question for you and I want it to be honestly answered” I reply and express a question I've had for a bit.

“Yes, do go ahead” Celestia waits for my question.

“Before all this happen, did you ever…you know? Want a husband, maybe a kid or two?” I ask my question.

“No, I have never considered a family, my mind has always been in my duties and caring for those whom I call close, but a lover, children? Jason, I cannot say I ever have had thoughts about such things. There was never time” Celestia pondered a second before giving her answer.

“You’ve lived so long but you don’t have time? Forgive me if I am utterly confused.” I am confused by Celestia's logic.
"May I inquire as to why you are asking?" Celestia wants to know my reasoning.

I’ve been thinking, maybe I give this a shot, you know? Try to get to know Celestia, see how things turn out.

“Well, I don’t know about you but these past fifteen days I just can’t forget it or push it away, this whole thing, you know? But part of me is curious, I want to give it a shot, this whole thing. URRGH! What I am trying to say is that…I wanna at least try getting to know each other like a couple, date each other for a bit and if it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t and we'll find a way from there and if it does than awesome, you get me?” I send forth my proposition

“You want to “date” myself? Is that what you want?” Celestia looks for clarification.

“Yes look, for the life of me, I don’t think I could go through with this in some sort of loveless relationship where we didn’t try. I feel like I owe it to you at the least try just once. I am sure you didn't wait forever for a love that didn't even have an inch-assed effort into it.” I explain myself a bit more

“Hmm, I admire your thoughts but…” Celestia trailed off.

“Just one try, call it a practice run for all those public appearances we’ll have to fake if it doesn’t work out if you like, you can’t possibly lose in this situation and either way you'll win something, just ONE try” I beg for that one try.

Why do I want it so much? The day I found out I was gonna marry a Princess I barely knew, it shocked me, it felt wrong but I won’t be a cheating bastard, I won’t go to other ways to quench my thirst to make it feel right. I have decided to make this work, all I can do is await her decision. Also, I guess one of my worst fears is being a crappy husband to someone...or somepony now, I feel like Celestia deserves better than this facade.

“You have convinced me well Jason, we shall give it a go, if Twilight can try something new and enjoy it, I do not see why that would rule me out to try something I have never tried out before, so yes, I will in modern terms "go out with you" Jason Anderson” Celestia answers with the greatest answer a guy could hear.

YES! Wait, why am I so excited, I just want to see where things go, but that said progress is progress.

Phase two of Operation: See if we can love each other is now in motion.

"So uh, when's a good time?" I ask Celestia.

"For what?" Celestia asks what I am talking about.

"You know, a date. Go out for a picnic, a diner something romantic and do datey things" I say, explaining what dates do.

"Oh, day after tomorrow at 7pm sound satisfactory?" Celestia asks me.

"Yeah sure, where do you want to meet?" I reply.

"Your place I will pick you up as a mare named Sunny Skies" Celestia says

"Okay you'll pick me up but no on the disguise" I answer Celestia's suggestion.

"Why not?" Celestia asks why I disagree on the disguise

"Well it's sort of a lame disguise, I mean no pony in Equestria has a Sun in the sky as a cutie mark or anything near it, nopony has a pink mane or a man like yours and also the way you act is like nopony else in Equestria and besides, Pinkie Pie would scan you from a mile away anyway" I explain why the disguise is a bad idea.

For those who don't know, Sunny Skies is Celestia's alter ego, white fur tall as a normal pony with a pink mane and tail. Her cutie mark is changed to a Sun with a blue background to symbolize the Sunny Skies deal, ponies are quite literal in their naming aren't they? Well I saw through it and Pinkie, Twilight and her friends did so as well but nopony else.

"Hmm, I arrive to our date in my real form, this would be a perfect to reveal our wedding, they'll talk when they see us, and then the public will ask and then I reveal our marriage" Celestia says

Eh, good enough for me, I can't think of anything better.

"Okay, so about that date...what do you have in mind?" I ask

And let the planning begin...

Author's Note:

So to be clear here, Jason doesn't really LOVE or CRUSH on Celestia, he just feels he owes it to Celestia to at least give it a good attempt.

Celestia is kind of clueless on love as she never really had time for it unlike Cadence, she considers her closest of friends like family but she's never really wanted a Husband or kids.

Yes Yes, the Sunny Skies cliche, I downturned that one, one the reaction of when the two do date and two, Sunny Skies is kind of obvious anyway and besides, Pinkie Radar is not avoidable.

PreviousChapters Next