• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 881 Views, 24 Comments

Princess Twilight's Omnicultural Multi-ethnic All-encompassing Defense Force - Anatinus



A suggestion by a friend leads Twilight to build her Guard with no distinction of race, gender or anything. There's no way such a thing could go wrong, right?

  • ...
3
 24
 881

Chapter 8 - Epilogue?

"...and that's pretty much how it happened."

The two hatchlings looked up - really up - at their immense elder. The red one's eyes were sparkling, his face glowing with amazement.

"Wow, grandma! You were REALLY one of the founding members of the Twilight Legion?"

The purple one turned and cuffed lightly his sister between the horns, with a slightly mocking expression.

"Of course she was, dummy! Do you think that all those ponies that show up in her cave from time to time call her Colonel because they think it sounds nice?"

A claw the size of the average Pony house poked the ground between the two. The colossal draconess looked down at her two descendants, frowning.

"Blaze, stop hitting Ember on the head. Your sister has every right to ask. And Ember, stop calling it the Twilight Legion. Only because most beings call it that way, that doesn't mean that you have to. Remember, to a dragon names are important."

The red dragonling's ears drooped. She didn't want to make Great-great grandma Serendibite upset; while the old wyrm was known for being much calmer and kinder than the average dragon, she liked her way too much to disappoint her.

"Sorry, grandma. I meant the..."

Blaze interrupted her, a wide, mischevious grin on his pudgy snout.

"...the Omnicluttered Multitennis Alabama Defense Force!"

Sera chuckled, a sound like an avalanche coming from a creature her size. Was she that cute when she was their age?

Ember shot her brother a withering glance, then turned back to Sera.

"But... Grandma, what happened to the others?"

Sera exhaled a deep, nostalgic sigh, as her eyes moved to a photo framed on a wall of her cave. In it, a bunch of different creatures in purple uniform was smiling happily, looking proud of what they were, as a much younger her took pretty much all the background. She missed them so much...

"Well, Garmak kept true to his oath. Rain or hail, he remained at Princess Twilight's beck and call. That embarrassed the Princess to no end, usually. Lana and her pack finally went back to Diamondia, after she retired. She was an old, proud Dog. Nyota and Lost Cause married, and so did Rutgerd and Leaf. We were all invited. Each time I managed to plug the building's entrance with my rear end. Remember, being a growing dragon among ponies is not easy."

The two hatchlings started giggling at the image of their gran stuck halfway through a pony door.

"The Ring Brothers eventually went back to the Circus. But first, they decided to apply their knowledge of the performing arts to actual military activities, finally creating a subdivision of the Force based on stealth, misdirection and nimbleness."

Blaze gasped: "The Shadows of Harmony!"

Sera nodded. "Exactly. And thank you for not calling them "the Ninjas", Blaze. Anyway, Steady Ascent eventually became Ponyville's official librarian, while at the same time keeping her place in the Force. Kissy got his land back for his people, even if he didn't leave the Force for quite some time. Of course, everyone expected that to happen: it was a Printest's promise, after all!"

Sera's imitation of Twilight's drunken slur drew a new fit of laughter for her grandchildren.

"Utterly Irrelevant, Background Pony, Window Dressing and Walk-In Role led their own lives, got families of their own and eventually retired. The same goes for General Goodfeather, of course, although she pretty much started a military tradition for the Goodfeather family, beginning with her own son. Of course, that meant the Force: no Goodfeather worth his or her primaries would go back to join the Griffonstone Militia... As for me, well, I never left the force, although I keep refusing any promotion higher than Colonel. Sadly, I had to give up wearing the uniform... the cloth for the shirt alone would hurt the Force's finances big time."

Sera exhaled another long, nostalgic sigh, almost blowing away the little ones.

"Of course, I don't have to tell you what happened to Princess Twilight or Spike."

Blaze nodded hard. "Of course, gran-gran! Do you think we're stupid?"

Ember looked at Sera, nibbling cutely on her own tail. Sera couldn't help cooing in delight at the sheer adorableness of her little granddaughter, a very, very weird sound coming from a colossal dragon (how weird? Well, imagine a mountain range trying to emit a delighted, girly, sweet cooing. Now lower the tone by at least six octaves).

"But... but grandma Sera, what happened to them BEFORE that?"

Sera smiled. She should have seen that coming. "Oh, so you want to hear some of my old stories from when I was just a simple trooper in the Force? Mmmmaybe our first mission?"

The two baby dragons started nodding so fast that their snouts became a blur. Sera's smile widened. She extended an immense wing, drawing them closer, nuzzled both of them affectionately, then rested her huge head on a rock, adjusted her glasses (donated generously by the Equestrian Institute of Astronomy) and started narrating.

"Very well. It was a beautiful, bright morning in Ponyville: the birds were singing, the foals were playing and Derpy had delivered by mistake Spike to our barracks..."

Author's Note:

Well, that's it. Probably I'll write a sequel about the adventures of the Omnicultural Multi-Ethnic All-Encompassing Defense Force - I have thought of a few - but they'd be more Adventure and less Comedy, so they wouldn't exactly fit in the current tags, so I didn't put them here.
I hope that you've enjoyed our first jaunt in the history of the weirdest Guard Force in Equestria.

Comments ( 3 )

It's over!?:pinkiegasp: NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

There's a possible sequel!?:pinkiegasp: YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!! :pinkiehappy:

what the fuck happend to twilight we desever do know :flutterrage:

6658277 That's for Hasbro and IDW to tell and for us to learn as we go on. Probably Sera knows, given how old she is in the last chapter, but I haven't the foggiest.
Sorry!

Login or register to comment