• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 581 Views, 6 Comments

Only when you need us... - DimondDoggie



When the humans start attacking, it's only then that the royal guards, as well as the wonder bolts stop being the butt of every joke. What if they don't want to defend the ponies who ridiculed them?

  • ...
4
 6
 581

Chapter 2

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoy! Please leave ideas, comments about grammar/inconsistency, and criticisms in the comments below!

A sweet smell filled charge's nose. He smiled, immediately recognizing it. Sugar, cinnamon, and his fiance's careful hoof work.

Cinnamon rolls.

Charge pulled back the covers of his side of the bed. He stared at the shallow pillow wall next to him. He smiled at it. Prism had established it once they had moved in with each other. Prism was certainly a virtuous mare, not willing to lose her virginity to anypony, but the stallion she would call husband.

Charge made the entire bed, noticing his fiance had once again not made her side. It was shocking to most ponies that he did most of the cleaning since it was custom for the wife to do that. He walked by the mirrors, straightening out his mane before proceeding to the room that doubled as their kitchen and dining area.

"'Morning AC," Prism called to her lover. Charge smiled, happily taking a seat at the table. He cast a longing glance at the oven, seeing that the icy cover bits of cinnamony goodness were still not ready. Prism noticed the glance. "They're ready!"

"Really?"

"Nope."

"I hate you," Charge joked with Prism. Prism let out an overly dramatic gasp as she put one hoof over her heart. Her wings fanned out, adding dramatic flair. Sometimes to Charge it seemed that she'd be better suited for some kind of improv group than the weather factory. And no, not the kind you want to kill yourself in the middle of, the kind that had real talent.

"Have I not given you all I have?" Prism asked, a heartbroken tone to her voice. She got on her stomach, now committed to the act. She then proceeded to use her front hooves to crawl towards Charge's chair. Once she had arrived she placed one hoof on his leg. "I gave you the best years of my life! As well as cinnamon rolls!"

"Which might be growing crispy," Charge told his mare, fighting back chuckles. Prism gave him a smirk, seeing his cheeks growing red. She got back on her hooves, giving Charge a light peck on the cheek before going and tending to the oven.

Charge genuinely loved his fiance. Then out of seemingly nowhere a thought popped up that made his thoughts turn sour. He remembered meeting her family. His eyes narrowed at the thought of her brother, Storm Gust. The ungrateful boy had said that was just an inside joke with the princesses, seeing how long they'd take being ridiculed by other ponies before they quit. Then there was her mother, Tempest. The unfaithful, sick, bitch had tried to get him in bed with her! Every other relative was just as annoying in different areas of annoying topics. Then her father. Oh, her father. He had said things that would make any self-respecting guard slap him straight across the face.

He, however, was trying to win his blessing, so sadly that wasn't an option... and he could have done it anyways in the end. He highly doubted slapping his future father-in-law would have made him say, "Yes, you have my blessing."

He tried to get his mind off of them, but as all his thoughts did, it still lingered in the back of his mind. Charge let out a groan of annoyance, wishing he had thought of something else other than that day.

"'Ou 'kay ba'e?" Prism asked, words slightly muffled by grabbing an oven mitt. Charge's mind was now just on the fact she was grabbing the said item. His face lit up as he nodded vigorously. Prism rolled her eyes at this, opening the oven door. The smells of sweet bread, cinnamon, and sugar filled the kitchen, creating a mouth-watering aroma.

"Oh, hell yeah."

~~ยค~~

"Shocking Development!" Shouted a small colt at the corner on the street, a stack of newspapers half his height next to him. Charge sat on a bench at the border of the park, one of his favorite places to be on his off days. Although the colt was a new touch. "Multiple sighting of strange creatures! Many suspect connections with multiple deaths!"

That was all it took for charge's ears to perk up. Deaths? That just reeked of trouble.

"Hey, kid," Charge Called out at the small earth pony. He looked up and saw charge coming his way. The colt's face turned sour.

"'Ey, 'ey, 'ey!!!" He shouted at Charge as he came closer. "Get lost, ya aviator! This is MY block! First come first serve! Ya know da drill!"

"Kid," Charge said, going into the poker face he had to use at the castle. Charge them pointed at the stack of papers. "I just want a paper."

"Oh," The colt said, his face growing slightly warm. He grabbed the top paper with his muzzle, hoofing it over to Charge. "Four bits, please."

"Here," Charge said to the colt, fishing the bits out of his saddle bags. The colt happily took it the bits from the pegasus. Charge smiled at the small colt, remembering how it was to be a small foal. Charge remembered playing "The Knight and the Dragon", with his older brother. He'd always beg to be the knight but seldom got to play the part. He could also vividly remember his first special somepony, a red-haired unicorn filly. She had been really nice, but she'd moved away a few months later. Then he remembered doing what this colt was doing right now.

"I'm real sorry for yellin' at ya, sir," The colt said in an embarrassed tone. He shuffled on his hooves, seemingly nervous. He let out a groan of annoyance. "Ya see... this dumb adult who looks kinda like ya, he keeps kicking me outta different corners. He seems to be following me like a shadow!"

"Looks like me how?" Charge asked, curious now.

"He dyes his mane every other day and he has a white coat and near same build as ya. It really was a mistake, sir! I'm sorry!"

"Don't worry about it," Charge told the colt. Charge leaned down closer to the colt and whispered, "I had my own version of your guy when I was a kid."

"What?!" He shouted at Charge, his eyes seeming to grow bigger by ten fold. "But... Ya so big!"

"Not always. And you're an earth pony, you'll probably get even bigger than me!"

"Wha... Really?"

Charge nodded at the small colt who was simply beaming. Charge started on his way back to his home, waving goodbye to the colt. Charge arrived at his front door in a matter of minutes before it hit him.

He'd never learned the name of that colt.

~~*~~

Lightning Twister was mad as hell.

"Fuck life!" She screamed into her roommate's pillow. It was the closest pillow to her, she didn't grab it knowing it wasn't hers. "Fuck Celestia, fuck the wonder bolts, fuck those ungrateful bastards!!!"

As you can probably see, Lightning was very upset.

She had just come from standing at a desk all day for wonder bolt tryouts, no one had shown up. At least to try out. The ones who did either asked for a bathroom, directions, tried to flirt with her or made, what to the one telling them, what were hilarious jokes. All in all, it made her fear for the military's future, but she was too fed up with the stallions that had made fun of her to care at that particular moment.

Lightning threw the pillow in her hooves against the wall with all her might. It just made a hollow 'thump!', and fell to the floor. She then stopped flapping her wings all at once, abruptly falling onto the couch below her.

She hated her job. Not to mention her life.

Spitfire had disappeared to her knowledge earlier that day. She had requested to go and help search for her, but no dealing with cat talking stallions and no actual tryouts was so much more important. She was just happy to be back home, alone.

She got off of her coach and started trotting towards her shower. She relished the clip clop of her hooves on the tile flooring, filling her ears with a steady beat. She stood in front of the door to her bathroom, and expressionless look on her face. She opened the door, feeling rather fed up with life.

Lightning slowly opened the cabinet which held her towels. She picked one that was blood red. She then pushed back more towels, revealing a bottle filled halfway with vodka. She then closed the cabinet, setting the vodka on the counter top. She then got on her bathroom floor, feeling the cool tiles penetrate the blanket around her that was her fur. She opened the two small doors that lead to what was mostly the pipes of her sink, but she saw something glistening in the back. She instantly knew what it was.

As she stood up in her muzzle was a knife. Ment to be used by Griffins for things like the steak that they ate and other meats. In this case it would be used for cutting pony flesh.

Lightning draped the towel across her bathroom counter top, smoothing it out as she do so. She then sat down on the toilet, vodka in hoof. She took a long, long swig of vodka. She felt it burn her throat, it felt like pure pleasure. Pain, the only thing that made everything else seem numb. She then closed the vodka, saving it for afterwards.

She laid her left fore leg across the counter. The knife in the other. You can guess what caused the scream as more blood spilled across what used to be a white towel.

~~*~~

"Charge!" Sugar Cube called, trotting at full force towards the white pegasus. Charge Looked back at the Earth Pony, happy, but confused. He turned around, facing her.

"Hey, SC," He said, a smile on his face that was mixed with confusion. "What are you doing here? Who's running the bakery?"

"Oh, you think I never take a day off?"

"Kinda?"

"Ugh," She said, raising her right hoof to rub the bridge of her muzzle. "Well, for the most part, you're right, but today's a "me" kinda day."

Charge rolled his eyes at her. She was a very strange pony. He continued on his way to the boutique that Prism had requested him to visit for her. what was it again? Canterlot Carousel? It was supposed to be the next big thing, for fewer bits than normal Canterlot shops too. He just hoped he was going the right way.

"The fashion district?" Sugar said from behind him. Charge was startled that she was still there, but he wasn't gonna let her know that. No way in Tartarus. He looked back at Sugar, who was giving the weirdest looked that the mare had ever given him. She slowly walked up to him, as if she was afraid to scare him off. When she was close enough she booped him on the nose.

"Sugar...," Charge said, his voice unsteady. What kind of alien had replaced her with a clone that didn't understand social cues? "What are you doing?"

"I've heard that changelings have extremely short tempers," She said, now poking his chest repeatedly, each time getting a little bit harder. Charge's normal temper wanted him to slap her hand away but after years of being in the royal guard he resisted the urge. She then stopped after a few more pokes, her face now just confused instead of angry confused. "Huh. Didn't work... Maybe I need a shovel."

"OK!" Charge said as he moved away from the crazy little maniac he called one of his best friends. "I draw the line at shovel! Sugar... Just ask me questions like any normal pony would."

"Hmm... My birthday."

"July twelfth."

"The first time we met what color icing hit your face by accident?"

"Icing? I don't remember icing... Was it red?"

"Ha, it was a bit of red velvet batter! Charge would have remembered such an important detail!" She said flailing her hooves in the air to make her point.

"Only you care about baking that much to remember that detail."

"Not true!"

"So true!"

"Not true times two!"

"So true times infinity!"

"Charge-y!" Sugar shouted as she flung her arms around the pegasus. Charge struggled for breath in her python-like grip. What, was this girl part hydra? Her hugs were deadly! When she did charge was struggling for breath. Sugar Cube looked at him, trying to fight from bursting out laughing. "You ok?"

"Yeah. But... Dear Luna! I've met royal guards with weaker tackles than that!" Charge said, laughing as he did so. Every word he said was sadly true. The guards hadn't had any real training in months. They were growing weak. But he pushed the thought aside. "How do you have such a strong grip?"

"I'm one of the only workers in the shop," She said as they resumed walking down they sidewalk, which was now becoming more and crowded. With snobs no less. The higher society ponies gave them curious looks as they made their way down the sidewalk.

Charge didn't really care if they gave him weird looks, but he sure as heck cared if they gave Sugar a disgusted look. They acted as if she had the plague. She was just an Earth Pony, for Celestia's sake! What? Were they afraid it was contagious?

"Either way," Sugar continued on with her story, not giving the spoiled unicorn snobs the satisfaction of hurting her feelings. "I have to unload, like, everything! You tend to build up a little muscle lifting two hundred pounds of flour. Per private bulk order."

"By yourself?" Charge asked, shocked that he didn't know this fact. Sugar gave him a small smile, using her hips to knock him a few inches over. Normally he would have called this out as flirting, had it been any other mare, but it was only SC. He was safe.

"Most of the time."

"Well, you can always call me for help when I'm off, ya know."

"Yeah. Thanks."

"Ok, on a different note. A Changeling, really?"

They continued this way for the remainder of the walk. Talking and joking about the weird things that could happen at their jobs. Admittedly Sugar won at the weird stories contest. She had to deal with some weird shiz. They also continued to complain about their jobs, sadly Charge won that one.

He complained about the nobles that always complained about them when they were in the room. At least he had the decency to do it far from their prying, gossip seeking ears. They also knew that they could do just about anything to them. Once one had spit on his hooves when he was assigned to be a private guard for a week to a spoiled dukes son. The arrogant little brat had been lucky he'd been warned about him or he would have been shocked, giving the colt the satisfaction of success. Sugar's horror continued to grow with each story. Until he read the sign of the shop they were passing.

"Oh! Hold up. I'm at my stop."

Suddenly a tall blue coated unicorn mare burst out of the front doors, wearing a very... Snug... Sexy... little black dress.

"Welcome to Canterlot Carousel!"

Comments ( 4 )

MORE...please?

I really hope that humans will actually have a very good or noble reason for attacking,instead of just being evil and making invasion for the heck of it. (basically every human-vs-pony story)

6510732 I'll try to get more out soon, but it's kinda hard. My life's pretty nuts right now.

6511146 I'll try to come up with a good answer. Hopefully it won't be too cliche.

Login or register to comment