• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 488 Views, 23 Comments

The beginning of the great guardian - Dangum117



the story begins where a war breaks out between alicorns and chaos bringers and a human is brought to equstria and given powers of an Alicorn but is frozen for decades and wakes up to now find princess celestia and Luna and many trials ly ahead

  • ...
23
 23
 488

Chapter Four

It had been a week since the crystal empire had fell. the screams still were fresh in their minds . The three rulers could not fathom the horror of what the citizens felt while they watched every thing they knew and loved disappear before their very eyes. Ferric was trying to figure out what sort of spell could of done this. The only thing that kept coming back to was the rath of Umbra this spell was the last spell Umbra had created the spell had been modified from the original form. The original spell teleported the people that the spell was casted onto to Tartarus where they would endure unimaginable pain and suffering as if they were burning on a thousand suns. But according to what ferric found the spell made the city and all the inhabitants were in the same world but not in the same world at the same time. It sounded weird to Celestia and Luna but Ferric explained that Sombra had made it were the ponies were in an artificial reality were they would live a normal life just like any other pony not enslaved not in pain just a normal life.

Luna said “maybe there was still some good in him. “

Then Celestia replied” Anyone is capable of mercy, it wasn't the people he found hatred against. It was us the ones who pushed him away he feared us for how irrational we took his curiosity. He only wanted to prove himself to everypony but was blind to the consequences of trying to reach that goal of the use of dark magic but the innocent ponies got caught in the middle. “

Ferric : We are the only ones to blame we were so quick to judge that because he was different, that didn't mean he wasn't still there and if it wasn't for you two i would have killed him and what would that have proved.

Luna : You had let anger get the better of you you were only protecting the ponies of the crystal empire.

Ferric : Yes but i unleashed something inside that had no goal but to destroy sombra, and it felt great to feel that power within me unlocked. But i felt something inside me dying but i felt like i almost lost something important in me.

Luna :But you did get back control and now you know it's there .

Ferric : But just because i know it's there doesn't mean i can control it .

Celestia: We will just have to be cautious in the future and study this new power in you but for now we need to figure out is there anything we can do to bring back the crystal empire.

Ferric : The only thing will bring back the crystal empire is time it will be thousand winters before the crystal empire will return there's nothing we can do about that .

Celestia : What about sombra .

Ferric : He will also return on that same day .

Luna : Do you think he will be able to adapt in that time .

Celestia : One can only hope sister .

Ferric: So what do we do now.

Celestia: We must attend to the need of the ponies of equestria and face what trials are ahead and only prepare for when sombra returns and hope we can meet on better terms
so the three did so and would wait for sombras return.

Ferric: Right I will get back to my duties and brief the royal guard .

Celestia : Very well then we shall return to our duties.

Luna : I should join you Ferric .

Ferric : That's fine come on I don't want to keep the men waiting any longer.

Celestia : No

Luna : What why not .

Celestia : it's time to lower the moon Luna .

Luna : don't worry it won't be long it shouldn't hurt to keep it up for little longer .

Celestia : No we must keep things in check even if it's for a short time .

Luna : You're being overdramatic it's nonsense to think the night would do any harm .

Celestia : It's not nonsense if anything is out of balance for one side it will affect the other .

Ferric : She's right I forgot how long we have been talking the last comet just passed it's time to lower the moon .


Luna :But i just wanted spend a little extra time with the night with you .

Ferric : It's fine there will be plenty of other nights to spend together .

Luna : But I just thought “ sigh” very well then i will go lower the moon .

Celestia : Very good sister .

Luna angrily walked off to go lower the moon.

Ferric : That was unsettling she's been mad before at similar circumstances but this time was different .

Celestia : Yes she's been getting agitated lately my best guess is because of that door at the castle.

Ferric : Wait what door

Celestia : She hasn't told me anything all that i know is that when we were in the lower parts of the crystal castle when Sombra trapped us i heard screaming and crying next think i know a door with a dark magic aura around it it opened and she fell out the door shut she saw me and at first seemed afraid but then she burst out crying and wrapped her hooves around me she said she was so glad to see me i just said it was alright whatever it was but we had to hurry back to sombra but you had it handel.

Ferric : You should have told me that sooner celestia.

Celestia : i'm sorry .

Ferric: I need to go ask her what's wrong .

Celestia : Yes but after she lowers the moon and you brief the guard .

Ferric: Fine fine okay

So Ferric did he went to brief the royal guard and Luna went to lower the moon and the sun broke the dark of the night and all the ponies got up to start their daily routine and Ferric went to go talk to Luna about the door. She was laying in her room crying into her pillow

Ferric :What happened back at the crystal empire you need to talk about this.

She wiped her tears.

Luna : I'm fine really I am

Ferric : No you're not telling me what's wrong

Luna : Ok but it will take a while.

Ferric: that's fine take as long a you want

They spent hours talking about what nightmare she had lived.

Luna : So that's it “sniff” that's what happened to me .

Ferric : I'm so sorry I should have noticed you were in discomfort and should came to you right away.

Luna : No i'm sorry i should have came to you or my sister about this instead i just fought with her instead.

Ferric : Don't worry “dear” i'm here for you whatever help i'm sure we can figure this out.

Luna : It's been long time since you have called me dear.

Ferric : Well um yeah hehe that should be fine right .

Luna : Of course it is “dear”.

She leaned against Ferric and rested her head on his shoulder wiping the last of her tears.

Luna: I'm so glad you're here it was destiny we met.

Ferric: No doubt this is the greatest life anyone could ask for it's perfect .

Luna : you know it would be great to take a break .

Ferric : that's fine but where

Luna : Let's go to the Eternal Lakes just me and you no one else there's always been a retreat cabin just meant for me and celestia.

Ferric : Are you sure that's a good distance away what about raising the moon

Luna : It's fine i can still do my duties of the night and you can just assign your friend White Flash he is the most high ranked guard is he not .

Ferric : Yes he is i guess it wouldn't hurt to take a break to the Eternal Lakes we will go tell Celestia and i’ll go inform White Flash we will be gone for a couple of weeks.

Luna lept up with excitement

Luna : Great i shall go tell Celestia and we can begin to pack to go

Ferric: Oh boy packing

she looked back with anger

Ferric : kidding kidding ok

she left the room

Ferric: Boy she sure is something when she mad

Luna : I heard that

he had an embarrassed face she laughed

Ferric : Oh great


Ferric: so that's it

White Flash : And you're sure you want to leave me in charge

Ferric : Of course you're my friend and the most capable and experienced out of the guards

White Flash : I believe that, what about escort you're not taking any guards to help

Ferric : Nope it's our time to spend with each other as we see fit

White Flash : ok if you say so but what if something happens

Ferric: You forget my friend that you're talking to one of the three most powerful ponies in Equestria

White flash: There's just nothing that brings you down is there?

Ferric : Not at the moment

Luna : are you ready?

Ferric : more than ever

Luna : that's great, how are you doing Whiteflash?

White Flash : i'm doing fine princess how are you

Luna : I'm doing fine but please call me Luna

White Flash : Ok Luna hope you two have a good time at the eternal lakes, are you two sure you want to walk there ?

Ferric : Yeah
Luna : definitely it's a beautiful scenic route and plus it will give us time to speak with the ponies of equestria .

Ferric : no doubt

White Flash : alright have good trip

Ferric and Luna got to meet all kinds of new ponies and see beautiful sights all the country folk were nice and they got to see some sites they never have seen. They got to their cabin at the eternal lakes the water was so pure you could see the bottom of the lake it was so beautiful the eternal lakes youst to be a series of fountains that one day began to flood a valley, and has stayed that way most ponies believed it happen when Luna made the super moon and it caused the water to rise to the surface and it flooded the valley and that Celestia rays from the sun give the lake healing powers that ponies use for pretty much every ailment .

Luna : This place is spectacular don't you think so ?

Ferric :definitely it beats any other place I've been to

Luna : oh this is great I can't wait to relax and go swim in the lake

Ferric : me either but we have had a long trip let's just sit and relax

Luna : oohhh come on let's go sit at the lake then

She pulled him out of his chair.

Ferric : ok ok I'm coming

A couple hours past and it was begging to be sunset when the lack was certainly the most beautiful the two were sitting at the dock.

Luna : this is a beautiful site to see.

Ferric: yes you are

Luna. : What ?

Ferric : seeing you in this light is incomprehensible to any other thing you're truly the most beautiful person in Equestria or any other world.

Luna : well you certainly know how to make a princess happy don't you

Ferric : that's why I'm married to you isn't it

Luna : yes and plus I don't think any other pony could understand the night like us

Ferric : come on let's head back to the cabin

Luna : okay Ferric

The two spent the next few weeks happiest they have ever been before but something wasn't right. Somewhere there was a group of cultists who believed Sombra should rule Sombra spoke with this group quite frequently and before he fell he sent a scroll that had a message of the location of the battlefield of the Great War and had created a spell to resurrect the Alicorns from hundreds of years of decay and they have planed to use the lake's healing ability and mix it with the spell and create an army of Alicorns from the past . It said in the scroll from Sombra the past shall consume the future and all shall submit to the ways of dark magic the cultists were about to do so but not yet they were told to wait before Hearth's Warming Eve which was the celebration of the founding of Equestria, and he planned to destroy the founding of Equestria and create a new empire but Hearth's Warming Eve was seven months away .So far they haven't been noticed as far as the ponies knew they were just monks leaving in the mountains they only came down so often to get food and water other than that they don't know they mean harm or so they thought . If no one catches on the results will be catastrophic and Equastria will face its darkest time .