• Published 2nd Aug 2015
  • 486 Views, 23 Comments

The beginning of the great guardian - Dangum117



the story begins where a war breaks out between alicorns and chaos bringers and a human is brought to equstria and given powers of an Alicorn but is frozen for decades and wakes up to now find princess celestia and Luna and many trials ly ahead

  • ...
23
 23
 486

Chapter One

The beginning of a Great Guardian

In the beginning, with the great rein of the Alicorns. Powerful and wise they controlled the solar system and the Earth they lived upon long before earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns controlled the surroundings of the land. With Luciano and Astra as mother and father of Celestia and Luna. They lived in a castle amongst a beautiful enchanted forest in which some of the other Alicorns lived. Most of the alicorns lived in there own kingdoms and palaces around the globe such as Crystal Alicorns far in the north and the Honey Kingdom filled with pegasi able to polanate in the west. All of the Alicorns knew one another and as such the world was united and at peace for a very long time.

This is were are story begins with newborn fillies Celestia and Luna. Their young lives were filled with joy and hope they would adventure out into the forest or go on diplomatic trips with their parents. However their joy would not last as long as they had hoped. A dark shadow had begun to spread and a whole legion of chaos bringers brought their destruction upon the lands. The sisters Celestia and Luna, ages five and ten were hidden in the confines of their castle while their parents and all the grown Alicorns battled against the Draconequus. With so much magic being used, great waves of the magic affected another world the, Human world where one person was pulled into the battle, only 18 years of age.

The human was confused "Where am I? What is this place?"

Shocked at what creatures no man has ever seen before. He watched as two mighty races battle for the outcome of the world. Seeing Alicorns using massive blinding balls of light that were magic, and golden spears stabing the Dark Legion. Looking at the Draconequus using fire and their teeth to rip and burn everything they saw around them. All the sudden a Draconequus named Umbare who had started this whole war who was once a pony that used dark magic to turn himself into a chaos bringer and bring destruction upon the Earth, and he had this human in his sight. At first a surprised look on his face they knew what humans were he was just not expecting to see one here but he charged at him quickly penning the human to the ground about strike the final blow. But then an Alicorn named Shadow fell who had a black coat and a red and black mane who was a very wise and strong Alicorn in Crimson armor immediately went full force into Umbare side distracting him. The human took advantage of this but Umbare saw him trying to get away, using his tale to whip and knock out the human Shadow fell fought valiantly.

As he woke up he saw Umbare use his teeth to bight through Shadow Fell's armor and crushed his neck and was thrown to the side with blood pooring down his neck and wings from the wounds, a healer saw him and rushed to his aid. As Ubare was about to finish what he started a might voice shouted at Umbare and it was none other than Astra, Celestia and Luna's father but Umbare tested the king and shot a bolt of dark magic to the human spreading it all around his body the dark magic was killing him crushing every cell in his body an excruciating pain unlike any other. Hearing him screaming in agony the king charged in and battled with Umbare, the human only had minutes to live. In the mist of the fight Astra had noticed a deep cut left by Shadow Fell from the earlier fight, the king took all his strength and blasted into the cut of the side of the Draconequuses side and killing him. The king was to wounded and would not live much longer he landed beside the human seeing him slowly die the king took all that was left and took the dark magic away but giving the human magic as a gift.

The human still could not move but he could hear and see the king had managed to get himself off the ground saying to the human when you see them protect them for me then he flew back into the battle very weak a bright glow began to circle the human creating a crystal like case around him and puting him into a deep sleep but what the human didn't realize was that the king had gave him pieces of his memory's but they came very slowly for the human. In the case for many years to come as his mind processed what had happened he begun to realize what all this was about by the memory's of the king. The crystal casing that he was in had a magical ora around it so nopony would ever be able to see it the human left only to his thoughts . After the battle was won but everyone had been killed in the process. Not knowing Celestia and Luna adventure across the land looking for their parents not knowing that they had pareished. They had many small adventures on there own and faced a few dangers they even came across a small creature that called itself a Draconequus he said his name was Discord and his mommy and daddy were missing. no he was looking for them empathizeing with him he joined there there troop of parent searchers.

After the events of Hearthwarming Eve and once the elements and equestria were created Celestia and Luna came across a village filled with unicorn pegasi and earth ponies hiding amongst the shadows they watched hundreds of unicorns gather in a large field in attempt to raise the sun as they struggled to due for a full year suddenly one of the ponys collapsed, and then another, the rest of the unicorns magic wavered tired of doing a job of an Alicorn and could not stand it any longer and more and more of them fainted from exhaustion. LittleCelestia could not bare to see this happen, keeping in mind what her parents had taught her about magic Celiastia rushed out of the shadows and stood before the unicorns quickly using her magic to shut of the spell they were using and stopping them from straining them selves.

The sun stoped the top just peeking over the horizon taking a deep breath Celestia activated her great stores of magic her horn glowing bright gold the unicorns gasp as the sun swiftly rose being masterly controlled by a mere filly they became even more baffled as they saw tiny wings on her back after the sun had fully risen a flash of light came from the fillies flank Celestia looked around to see her cutie mark appearing on it a golden sun was imprinted on there reviling her destiny Luna and the the phoenix they called Filamieana ran out to join Celestia as the mass of unicorns surround them. Discord how ever stayed behind not eager to meet the ponys who knew the ways of his parents and the other Draconequus had waged a war against them. The fillies were taken to the unicorn castle were the rulers of equastria lived and worked the rulers including Princess Platinum, Commander Hurricane, Chancler Pudding Head, Clover the Clever, Private Pansy, and Smart Cookie question the fillies asking them how in Equastria did they get here and how the white one had risen the sun.

Star Swirled the Bearded had also taken part of the questioning but he mostly sat in silence looking at the fillies intently. Soon the leaders found out that stood before them were the daughters of the most powerful Alicorns that ever lived the fillies were immediately taken in by the leaders knowing that these fillies were next in the royal line and so the Alicorns were raised in the mountain castle of Equastria the city that had been built around it was the capital of the country known as Canterlot during this time Luna learned to raise the moon and gained her cutie mark and both girls learned many new spells from Star Swirled, they were also given flying lessons by pegasi and built up physical strength due to earth pony training the two ponys also played with discord who hid in fear of being prosecuted of the war he never told this to Celestia and Luna.

Though once the leaders grew old Celestia and Luna had been crowned the sole princess of Equastria because Alicorns life go on and on the girls only had minds of teenagers. At the time their peaceful reign was a golden time throughout Equastria and would last for many years to come. Many years had past since the war the human still in his tomb until one day the sun had rised to its fullest like none other than the times before the war the magic arrayed from the sun Alicorn magic the only magic that could open the casing and it did after so many years the human arised bieng much older than he had been we he was taken into equastria but he had only aged very little not knowing when Astra gave him some of his powers that what he also gave him is immortality so that he could protect his daughters from harm and knowing he wouldn't make it through the battles end, a spear was in his case with him picking it up a great golden light was released flowing every where on the humans body but all the sudden the light had consentraded on his back feeling sharp pain a feeling as if his scapula was riping open and growing more bone on the other the light had stopped glowing and the pain gone then he looked side to side seeing two beautiful gray wings as if he was an angel it was the last gift that Astra could give for the staff he was holding was the mighty kings staff he tried to flap his wings knowing he would be able to learn yet he folded his wings in and put his shirt over them.

He walked for many days until he finally reached a small town named Ponyville but nopony had ever seen his kind so he walked into the town first pony he saw was a store owner but as soon as the pony turned around, now a average pony may be four to five feet but seeing a unknown creature that was six two was terrifying and the fact it was on two legs the mare immediately screamed and half the town was now in panic and he was only trying to explain who he was but he was tackeled by royal guards and was all the sudden taken to canterloute in shakels. Knowing he could have easily been able to over power the guards with the magic he was given and his strength alone but he knew if he would have resisted it would have looked bad for him. He was soon brought into the the thrown room of the castle and was in front of the already old wizard Star Swirled the Bearded questioning what he was and where he came from. He wanted to explain but he would only speak if Luna and Celiastia were there Star Swirled felt the magic of Alicorn power surounding this creature then all the sudden Celestia and Luna walked out into the thrown room to see and ask about this creature.

She asked "What are you, and where do you come from?" He opened his mouth saying that he had been looking for them for a while.

She replied "Wait what did you say?"

"I have been looking for you two to tell you that I'm here to protect you two."

A couple of guards laughed then Star Swirled looked at the guards and they immediately stopped.

Then he asked "Can I please be released from these chains?"

The sisters looking at one another trying to decide then Star Swirled said he is no threat,

Then they told the guard to undo the shackles thanking them the human reached in his pocket the pulled out what seemed like a
golden stick but then it launched out being a staff and a spear. The guards rush toward him until they were told to stop by Celiastia.

Then he spoke "This is your father's weapon, I was transported here long ago when you two were only fillies. I was almost killed by a chaos bringer dark magic until King Astra, your father saved me. He was wounded but was also victorious but the dark magic crept into me killing me slowly and painfully. He gave me some of his magic and saved my life last I saw was him flying back to the battle Alicorn magic flows through me his last words where when you see them protect them till the end of time and I intend on keeping the promise."

All three shocked, tears coming down from both sisters faces now recognizing the staff that was their father's and Star Swirled trying to process what he had just heard come out of this creatures mouth. The two sisters finally came to their composure then Celestia asked

"What is your name?" "My name is Ferric Bontary !" Then she asked

"Do you remember anything else about our father?"

He said no but he did explain how the magic incased him but this is where things get weird for them. He said when he pulled the staff out the first time that he remembered the golden flash of magic and then he lifted off his shirt revealing the two massive gray wing. They were all shocked. He said that this was the last gift of your father I'm so sorry for your loss. A few hours past of more questions and explaining then Star Swirled did his own test seeing just how powerful he really was showing that Ferric had the power of an Alicorn but only had wings it was very strange but Star Swirled explained to Celestia and Luna that their father had transfers his Alicorn magic into Ferric . The sisters still shocked at learning their fathers fate but Celestia said

"I'm sorry for you being brought here and how the ponies reacted."

He said it wasn't a problem at all he expected the people to be scared hence why I didn't resist the guards because I knew it would have done know good and he had no intentions to hurt any pony they all agreed that was quite clear he also so explained how he was an orphan back on Earth he didn't know who his parents where so in way his fate was similar to their's they apologized and saying sorry for your loss he said no problem I'm glad I'm here this world it feels so free thank you. The two sisters said they ended the night he slept at the castle with guards still around at all times near him but celiastia and Luna let him keep his staff saying its a gift from their father and your powers and so they all slept that night. Months had past and Celestia and Luna agreed without a dought that he was sent by their father and would not protest and he was happy to hear that he had been practicing new spells with Star Swirled for a while and receiving lessons how to fly he mastered it quite fast, faster than any pegasi and was given combat training he had made himself a friend that he trains with almost every day his name was White Flash a young pegasi he was only in his early teens. They would always train but Ferric was more skilled and quicker even in flight and his magic helped two but wight flash did managed to get few hits but due to his magic Ferric heals fairly fast.

He also found out that he could control stars and coments at night he realized this when one night he saw Luna alone on her balcony noticing that she was sad so he flew up to her balcony she was surprised and she tried to walk away but he stop her asking what's wrong she replied with sad tone with tears in her eyes

Saying its the stars I can never put them into a perfect constellation there left scattered every where I try to make some like my father did but I can't I wanted to show other ponys that the night can be even prettier than it already is that night can be just as beautiful as day.

he grab her hoof that was resting on the guard rail and he comforted her by asking.

Lets both try together she was confused saying what. He said why not your fathers magic inside of me.

She wiped her tears agreeing to try they both consentrated there magic and they saw that a constellation was formed and looked like her father . He said lets try again making Celestia and Luna's mother side by side both smiling with two fillies around them Luna was so happy tears were flowing down her face all she could do was hug him and they both hugged embracing one another in there arms and Luna and ferric grew a special bond that night that no pony will ever have with Luna they both woke Celestia up bringing her out to the balcony showing her Luna with tears flowing down still .saying that it wouldn't have been possible without him.Celestia now with a few tears in her eyes looking at him saying thank you so much they hugged to and so did the two sisters remembering their parents. Luna and Ferric both smiled at each other Celestia noticed the special bond between the two for the next eight months they both created the most beautiful night sky with all sorts of constellations always remembering the night they connected Luna had found her special some pony and Ferric knew there was nopony else in the world he would want to spend his life with so a great wedding was held the greatest that nopony had ever seen the two both gave their vows and were soulmates forever. Two months past and in that time the great and powerful wizard had past from old age it wasn't like he was immortal like Celiastia, Luna, and Ferric they did morn there loss but celebrated his life he had taught all he had know to Ferric and Sombra....But that part of the story is due for another day.

Author's Note:

If there are errors in the story please specify where and if you dislike the story please say why