• Published 11th Jul 2015
  • 1,017 Views, 2 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: Independence Day - gamerboy111



A Conversion Bureau story, where the ponies seem to want destruction of Earth a little too much..

  • ...
22
 2
 1,017

Roles Reversed

Area 51...

"San Jose is burning! Reports have been going around that the ponies are the cause of this, having been the cause for all the other city destruct..."

Bzzz!

"Breaking News: The Golden Gate Bridge has collapsed! We have a shocking video of it collapsing here."

"...This is incredible, the blast of magic shot from Princess Twilight Sparkle has cracked the deck! Cars are falling off, cables are breaking, are you getting this, Daniel? Just... Oh my god, the support just gave way... The entire thing is falling into the bay! Oh my god, oh my..."

Bzzz!

"...It's gone! It's all gone! Every last bit of it is gone! Chicago is not existent! It's like it was never made! All those people... It's all gone! I..."

Bzzz!

"This is live from Boston! Buildings are collapsing, it's being destroyed! We..."

"AHHHHH!! LOOK BEHIND YOU, LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!"

"Wha...? AHHHHHHH-Crhhhhh...

Beeeeeep.

The Vice President Of The United States shook his head. He couldn't just stand by an let his country suffer. But what could he do? The ponies had shields and magic, and all weapons we use on them they can overcome. Their magic powers give them an unfair advantage. It was impossible.

He got up from his chair and walked over to where a scientist was laying out plans on the computer.

"Well, Jefferson? Do we have the DNA potion?" The Vice President asked.

"Um, almost sir. This potion will transform the molecular structure of a human into a pony, in a sense, 'ponifie' a human." he said.

"So, how many people can we, 'ponifie', to infiltrate the Equestrian Army?" The Vice President asked. The scientist punched a bunch of numbers into the computer, and responded.

"Four."

"So we have four ponies who are actually humans, and I'll act as a prisoner." The Vice President said.

"Yes."

"Okay then, men. Let's do this!"

"Um, Joe?" Josh asked, with a tint of uncertainty in his voice. Joe Biden, A.K.A The Vice President of the United States turned around.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Is... there a cure, for ponification?" Josh asked. The Vice President was silent for a few minutes.

"No..." He said.

Josh sighed.

Oh well. He thought. At least I'll be doing something good for humanity...

Equestria, Canterlot gate, A few hours later, guard #127's P.O.V...

I stood and watched over the gate. We were protecting Equestria from those nasty humans, which made me smile, knowing that the Princess would put so much of her trust in me. As I stood by the gate, tense, knowing that the humans will attack eventually, I started sort of bouncing up and down. Standing still doing nothing for so long has made me anxious, and the suspense was killing me. My friend, Ocean Lotus, noticed this and gave me a stern look. I immediately fell back into my place. I let out a huge sigh and continued to keep watch.

"Somepony's coming!" I heard Ocean Lotus yell. I jolted my head up, and I then saw them. Four ponies, fully decked out in royal guard armour, came walking towards us with a... Ugh... Hoo-man... In toe. He was chained up and stripped of any possible weapons, thank goodness. I shivered at the sight of the human, put got back together by the time they reached us. They stopped, and a dark green pony with a orange mane nodded at me. He was the leader of the group. I only needed his name.

"Name?" I asked, trying to keep as calm as I could, put I could sense a tint of excitement in my voice. I was giddy with excitement that I could actually do something.

The dark pony hesitated for a bit. He turned his head away, trying to hide a worried look. He was up to something, I just didn't know what.

"Name?" I repeated, this time a little more harsh. He, again hesitated. He opened his mouth, put no words came out. A second later he finally gave me his name.

"G-green... Shadow." He said. I looked over to the light blue unicorn next to him, curious. He seemed surprised to see my gaze land on him, but he managed to talk quickly, at least.

"Sorry. He's a little shy." He said hastily. A little too hastily. They were hiding something. I know it.

"What's your reason to enter?" I asked. "Shouldn't you be on your way to Las Vegas right now?"

"I saw the red pony in the back flinch when I said that. He didn't want us to invade Las Vegas, but why? The light blue unicorn spoke.

"We have captured The Vice President of the United States, and have reason to believe he has important info." He said. Good enough reason for me. I looked over at Ocean Locus, and he nodded at me. We both used our magic and pulled down a big lever inside Canterlot, and the gate out front opened.

"Alright. Move along." I said. The group looked relieved. Even the captured human looked relieved, oddly enough. They entered Canterlot, and I and Ocean Locus closed the gates. They had a secret. I couldn't help but wonder what.

Inside Canterlot, Josh's P.O.V...

We made it! I sighed with relief. I looked down at my hooves. Being green was not really the best in human history, but apparently in ponyland here it's perfectly normal. Great. I still can't believe I cracked up back there. That goodness this scientist here was able to save us from being found out. Anyway, we walked a little bit, getting some weird looks from the ponies and guards around us, but anyone who was curious enough to come close, we simply said,

"This is a captured human with important info. Stay away. No more information can be granted. Orders of the Princess."

We got to around the center of the city, and went into a not populated area. We then took out a small chip, and placed it on the side of a house.

"Is it in place?" I asked the scientist to my right.

"Yes." He said. "Looks good. Sir, please hide beneath the covers." I watched as The Vice President hid beneath the covers we installed on the cart we were taking him in. We then walked out, and acted casual but serious. The ponies no longer gave us weird looks, thank goodness. We then got to the gates, and the guards out front gave us no hesitation to opening the doors, and we were free. We got a good way away from Canterlot before we boarded a hidden plane, which we hid in a cavern under a hill. We all jumped in the plane, and The Vice President had to drive, considering he was the only one to have hands. Within a second we were in the air, and away from Equestria. The ponies didn't see out plane, because we painted it blue. They must not have as good eyesight as humans, which is weird considering their eyes are bigger than us. Once we got out of the blast range, we fired up the intercom.

"General, this is flight 20343. We are ready for launch." The Vice President said. The General then hung up. I waited for a minute or two, and then I saw a blast of flame fly above my head.

"If you can't beat 'em, use the exact tactic their using against you against them." I said as I watched Canterlot turn into a fireball, turn into rubble. Canterlot was no more.