• Published 11th Jul 2015
  • 1,017 Views, 2 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: Independence Day - gamerboy111



A Conversion Bureau story, where the ponies seem to want destruction of Earth a little too much..

  • ...
22
 2
 1,017

The Angel of a President

A bright white sphere flew across the sky, reflecting light, it was about twenty six feet wide and tall, and eleven ponies were inside. Following them was a huge army of ponies, all wearing gold armour and, and swords by their sides. The unicorn warriors carried the swords by their magic, and the Pegasi warriors patrolled the skies, looking for any possible sign of a human. The white alicorn inside the sphere smiled as she looked down at the army below. The humans will thank us... Seriously, why are they resisting so much? She wondered, her smile turning to a frown. The magic sphere concentrated the heat of the sun, and the sphere kept in the heat.

"It's boiling in here!" Rainbow said, falling to the bottom of the sphere. "Why can't we just turn up the air conditioning?!" she complained, banging her head against the floor. The Cutie Mark Crusaders seemed to be having a good time, namely Scootaloo, who was riding her scooter in the sphere, nearly doing a full loop around the top of the sphere, but the scooter didn't have enough speed. The scooter separated from the sphere wall.

"Whooaaa!" She said, smashing into the rest of The Cutie Mark Crusaders, her scooter flying over to the other side of the sphere. It then whirled around and bounced off, coming to a stop next to Twilight.

"Oof!" Apple Bloom said. "Did you do it?" she looked up at Scootaloo, who looked over to her scooter.

"Nearly..." Scootaloo said, looking at the top of the sphere. The three attempted to get off each other, which after a few seconds worked. "I just can't get past that spot, there..." she said, pointing to a spot top right of the sphere. "Right when I begin to turn upside down."

Twilight Sparkle smiled as The Cutie Mark Crusaders tried to figure out how Scootaloo could do a full loop around the sphere, which is twenty five feet roughly, so it would be a laugh as they try to figure it out.

"Ugh! I'm melting alive, here. How 'bout turning up the air conditioning?" asked Rainbow Dash, flying up to the top of the sphere, she looked down at Princess Celestia, who nodded and her horn glowed. A second later it became a lot cooler in the sphere. "Ah, thank you." She said, landing. Then Scootaloo flew halfway across the sphere, landing once again in the center.

"Well, I got farther... But it's still not good enough." She said, sighing. "More slippery sauce, or whatever it's called?"

"We won't have time for that." Celestia said, causing Twilight's ears to perk up, listening intently. "We're here!" The mane six, along with the CMC looked out the clear sphere. There, indeed, was a large city. The ponies seemed rather impressed with what these humans have built. There was a sign along a mountain, which read 'Hollywood' in big bold white letters, and seemed to not be level. A big tower shown in the distance, which was probably the U.S Bank Tower.

"Eh, not as cool as Los Pegasus, but still, decent, I guess. You know, for a bunch of hair-less apes." Rainbow said, obviously liking the Hollywood sign. It was just like the Applewood sign.

"It looks dazzling. Too bad we have to destroy it... It's a breathtaking sight." Said Rarity. Twilight's ears moved. She heard something. Rainbow seemed to have heard it too, along with the princesses.

"Uhh, what was that?" Asked Rainbow, looked in the direction the sound came from. A second later a bright light flew up into the sky, like a firework. But it didn't explode, it came straight down on top of the pony army. It hit the ground, and a huge grey explosion followed. Swords and shields, mainly armour and dead warrior ponies. It flew all across the army, knocking out a large portion.

"WHAT THE HAY WAS THAT?!" Yelled Apple Jack. It didn't take long for her question to be answered, because a second later a loud scream was sent ringing across the army, there mouths fell open as they saw an entire army of humans, armed from head to toe with camouflage battle armour, and guns of all types. There were grenade launchers, and even flamethrowers. Many tanks of all types, and all sorts of missile launchers and attack helicopters. Princess Celestia's horn glowed, and a white beam flew across the army of humans.

"350 U.S. Marines, all armed with assault rifles, sniper rifles, and multiple handheld guns. 20 Apache attack helicopters, 30 Abraham tanks, multiple tomahawk missiles standing by for launch, grenade launchers, flamethrowers, many battlements and turrets, and somebody has an exo-skeleton suit." She said simply, cringing.

"You have got to be kidding me." Said Rainbow Dash.

"Wheee! Party time!" Said Pinkie.

"How did they know we were coming?!" asked Twilight.

Area 51, 48 hours earlier...

The Vice President hurried along the halls. "What do you mean, the world is ending?!" He asked hastily. The scientist who had supplied him with the news adjusted his glasses.

"T-this world, was never meant to sustain pony life, but that's beside the point. They're replacing major cities with meadows, clean air, and what not. But, if our science is mistaken, which I doubt it is, the cities transformed by the magic spell release a type of radiation. Not a poisonous one, it's even odorless and invisible. It's almost impossible to detect. But, the world where the ponies are from uses this type of radiation as fuel for their magic, to say the least. When their horns activate, the chemicals in the radiation react and basically act as a force, like gravity. The unicorn then becomes in control of the radiation, and can transmit brain waves through the radiation to the object, which causes the radiation to react to the object, thus moving the object at will of the pony." He said, stopping to click a few buttons on a keyboard, and unlock a door. "But this radiation has a bad reaction to the atmosphere. When the spell to transform the ruins of a major city into meadows and such is activated, it releases a lot of radiation. It causes the atmosphere to heat up." He said with a gulp.

"So your saying...?" The Vice President was interrupted by the panicking scientist.

"Yes, this will cause a major global warmth, and will melt the ice caps, turn entire oceans into vapor in seconds, and will have the ability to melt a rock on a sidewalk. Yes, a small pebble will actually melt on a sidewalk if this continues on." He said.

"Oh my god. We have to stop this, but how?!" The Vice President said, panicking now.

"We also discovered that if the source of the radiation is removed, the radiation that was made will go away. We need to wipe out the pony race to have any hope of salvaging this planet."

"So we have to stop them. Where are they headed?!" The Vice President asked.

"We don't know. We have guesses ranging from Seattle and San Francisco, to Miami and Chicago. We honestly have no idea." The scientist lead The Vice President into a small room. But a huge blast of light came from the center of the room. The many scientists studying computers around the room looked back behind themselves dumbfounded.

A man was kneeling there. A man. He was wearing a black suit, and red tie... The President of the United States!

"S-s-sir?!" The Vice President managed to say between deep gasps of air. The President of the United States looked at the floor, and the up at The Vice President of the Unites States.

"Yep," He said. "It's me." The scientists around The President of the United States gasped in shock. The Vice President immediately began shooting off questions faster than you can say angel.

"How?! Where?! Why?!" The Vice President of the United States said rapid-fire.

"God. Heaven. Because I need to tell you something..." The President of the United States said. Then a pair of white wings sprung off from The President of the United States back, stretching out for a least thirteen feet across from tip of wing to tip of wing.

More gasps of sheer shock and amazement. The wings were as white as snow, but more white. The whitest white you have ever seen.

"The ponies are striking Los Angeles." The President of the United States said. "When there, there will be a pony. A green one. You, The Vice President of the United States, will see it when the U.S Bank Tower collapses. Run directly towards him. Ignore everyone and everything around you. Just run. And, the most important thing, believe that you will survive. Believe. I have to go. Father is waiting." And with that, he vanished with a blink of white light. Everyone just stared. Silence filled the room, and no one spoke a word. But after a few minutes of silence, someone spoke.

"Set coordination's to Los Angeles!"

Edge of Los Angeles, Present Time...

"We can't worry about that now!" Rainbow Dash yelled, "We have to defend and defeat! Let's do this!" A roar from the army of ponies, and they charged towards the oncoming army of humans. The armies collided, and started what history will come to know it as, the great war of Los Angeles.

Los Angeles, an hour later...

Princess Celestia, once again, smiled. Their work will not be in vain. Luna had powered up her magic, and was getting ready to evacuate the city. This day is perfect. The sun was setting. Nothing that was ever built, made, or created on planet earth will be how it is now. But better.

The Vice President of the United State's P.O.V...

I ran. I ran as fast as I could. I saw the princesses on top of the U.S Bank Tower. I saw they were going to blow this city to valley's and lakes and forests, and crystal clear air. And I would be vaporized. I had to get away. So yeah. I ran. I ran as fast as I could. The military brought me along, because of the... President angel... thing... But anyway, I turned a corner, attempting to get away, but I saw a green pony. He saw me. He ran towards me, his spear up and ready. I looked behind me, and there was the U.S Bank Tower. And it was falling down, on top of ME. Memories swamped me.

'When there, there will be a pony. A green one. You, The Vice President of the United States, will see it when the U.S Bank Tower collapses. Run directly towards him. Ignore everyone and everything around you. Just run. And, the most important thing, believe that you will survive. Believe. ' I believe.

I ran towards the pony. As fast as I could. The he was charging towards me. The rumble of the U.S Bank Tower behind me, my head was about to meet spear, but that's when it happened... The U.S Bank Tower fell on me and the pony. I could have sworn I was dead. But I wasn't. I just sat there. Terrified. But then I looked up. A window broke on the way down. It just so happens that since I ran towards the green pony, I was in the right position to go directly through that hole. I was probably the luckiest vice president ever. The luckiest man ever. I giggled, and then laughed. A huge laugh that made me fall to my knees. I wasn't dead. I wasn't dead! I looked to my right. The pony has a hoof sticking out from under the U.S Bank Tower. Ugh. He wasn't so lucky. Put then I noticed a document under his hoof. A blue document. I picked it up, and
opened it from curiosity. A list of major cities worldwide. With New York City and Washington D.C checked off. Here, I'll show it to you...

TOP SECRET S.G.E (Secret Government of Equestria) INFORMATION!

Human Destruction: Cities Destroyed

Unites States:

New York City
Washington D.C
Los Angeles
Seattle
San Jo-

That's when I realized how important this was. I tucked it into it's folder, and put the folder in my suit. Now how do I get out of here?

"Hey! Mr. President, are you here?! Are you alive?!" The voice. The voice of my friend.

"Yes! I'm here!" I called.

"Thank god! I was the only one who thought you could still be alive." He said. "Watch out, I'm coming in!" There was an explosion, and the side burst off.

"Come on!" He said. "We have to get out of here!" I followed, and was surprised to find a helicopter right outside. "Jump in! We have to go!"

I followed him into the chopper, and put my seat belt on. He proceeded to push a lot of buttons, and murming things to himself. The rotors began to spin, and soon the helicopter was in the air.

"Hold on!" He said. "This might get bumpy!" A huge bang shook the the helicopter. It swerved back and forth until it finally stabilized.

"What was that?!" I said. My friend gulped.

"Look behind you." he said, with emotions mixed between frightened and sad. I did.

"Oh my god..." I said. A giant ball of white was expanding quickly, replacing everything it touched with natural things. Randy's Donuts shop was replaced with a doughnut shaped rock on a hill. And the Hollywood Sign was reduced to nothing more than a waterfall on a hill. I watched in shock as Los Angeles disappeared. I shut up quickly. After a few moments I slumped back to my seat.

"So that's it then." My friend finally said. "No more Los Angeles." A full minute of silence. 'The list.'

"I... think I found something that might... help us." I said. My friend's head turned over to me, but not taking his eyes of the deep blue sky we were flying in. A moment passed and he finally looked at me.

"What is it?" He asked with curiosity.

"I found a list of all the cities the ponies will destroy before they launch their spell to end the human race." I said.

"Holy cow!" He said. "This is perfect! We stand a chance after all... erm, but... what's next?"

I sighed deeply. This was not going to be good. I finally managed to speak.

"Seattle."

"Seattle?!" He asked, eyes wide. "B-b-but... m-m-my parents..."

"I know." I said comfortingly. "If we can't stop the ponies, we will rescue your parents. I swear, under all circumstances I will do everything in my power to save your parents."

He sighed and said, "Thank you."

"By the way, where are we going?" I asked.

"Back to Area 51. Give the people there this news. We now know what cities to arm and when." He said, flicking a switch. "We have to stop these ponies, before..." He gulped.

"What?" I asked.


"...Before the world turns into a giant oven." He finally said.

Author's Note:

Well that happened... Omg oh no we need to save seattle and the president's friend's parents.

They saved the president's friend's parents and defeated the ponies and they lived happily ever after
the end!

That's not how it works... :facehoof: -Editor

Aww, shoot. :ajbemused: