• Published 6th Jul 2015
  • 3,060 Views, 130 Comments

Pink Rainbow - WingsPony



What happens when Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie share an accidental kiss!

  • ...
20
 130
 3,060

Oops!

After recovering from her small freak out, Rainbow Dash held on to the hope that Moose didn’t notice her wardrobe malfunction. She glanced over at the blue rose that Moose had given her. Rainbow Dash carefully picked the delicate flower off of her bed. Walking down to the kitchen to find a small vase for the single blossom. Pleased with a slender clear vase she found underneath the sink Rainbow filled it with cool water. Once the blue rose was taken care of Rainbow Dash knew she had to call Fluttershy.

To tell her that everything went well and that she wasn’t tied up then stuffed in a strange van driving to parts unknown. Pulling out her phone she dialed Fluttershy’s number; there were only three phone numbers she had memorized. Including Fluttershy‘s, her father’s and now Moose’s number. The phone ringed three times before Fluttershy picked up. An uncontrollable smile crawled its way to Rainbow Dash’s lips. She was dying to tell Fluttershy everything that had happened.

“Hey Fluttershy! I finally met him, he was everything I thought he would be! But get this! He is related to Pinkie Pie! Can you believe it! His name is Moose and he been in town the last couple of weeks. I just can’t get over how charming he is…And don’t even get me started on his gorgeous soothing voice!…Fluttershy are you even there?”

After a short pause Fluttershy saw her opening. “I’m here, I was just listening. You just sounded so enthusiastic, I didn’t want to interrupt. I’m glad that everything worked out okay.”

Feeling an all too familiar stinging in her cheeks, Rainbow Dash cleared her throat.

“Yeah, it was great, I even asked him out. I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I asked him! And he even said yes!”

“That’s wonderful Rainbow, so did you ever find out why he was in the gym when you two kissed?”

With a loud groan Rainbow Dash flopped onto her bed, she covered her face with her freehand.

“No…The whole time I was to shy to ask any questions. This guy just makes me so…so…-”

“Frazzled?” piped up Fluttershy

“Yes, it is so weird! I’m normally really chill but when I’m with him a turn into a dork.”

“Sounds like you really like him, did you take a picture of him? I would like to see him.”

Rainbow Dash smacked herself in the face for letting such an opportunity pass her by.

“I guess that’s a no then huh?” asked Fluttershy.

The rest of the conversation was about all of her miniature heart attacks and wardrobe hiccups. Eventually Fluttershy said good night, the conversation ended on a good note. Telling Fluttershy really helped her release all of her pent up excitement. Now she was just left with a warm happiness, after yawning Rainbow Dash crawled under her blanket. In no time she was fast asleep dreaming of a boy with pink hair.


Moose found himself in front of Rarity’s home, his heart felt so light and full. The meeting was a success, Rainbow Dash was happy again everything was going his way. He found Rarity in her room, she was pacing back and forth in front of her large bed. While talking frantically on the phone with someone. Not wanting to interrupt Moose leaned against the door frame.

“Yes, I’m sorry that I forgot to pick her up….Yes, I know that it was irresponsible….I’m really sorry mother, things have been rather hectic as of late…I understand, it won’t happen again…I love you too bye.”

“Well that was fun.” Rarity muttered to herself.

“What was fun?” asked Moose.

Hearing a male voice in her room, Rarity grabbed the nearest object to use as a weapon. When she whipped around to face the threat, she saw Moose standing in the doorway with an unfazed smirk on his face.

“Pinkie Pie! What did I tell you about sneaking up on me!” Rarity wasn’t to pleased at the moment.

“Rarity, please call me Moose whenever I’m in makeup; even when we are alone. I don’t want to blow my cover besides it helps me stay in character.” said Moose never reverting back to is normal voice.

Feeling rather drained Rarity pinched the bridge of her nose in an attempt to calm herself down. A habit that she developed over the years due to fashion-impaired parents and a little sister that always was getting into mischief.

“I suppose…” Rarity was lost in thought as she thought about her younger sister.

“So, what was all that about Rarity? Is everything alright?”

Rarity’s shoulders slumped as she released a powerful sigh. “ That was just my mother informing me that I’m not responsible enough to watch over Sweetie Belle. Furthermore, Sweetie Belle will be home schooled while mother and father are on the road for the rest of the year…”

After a long pause Rarity shook her head, sending her purple curls in a frenzy. “So how did it go between you and Rainbow Dash?”

“We both had a good time we talked a little bit, since she was late. Rainbow Dash even wants to hangout again.”

“Wait, What do you mean again?” Rarity squinted her eyes as she stared at her creation before her.

“You politely declined right?”

Moose took a few steps back, Rarity was starting to look like an enraged beast.

“No, I told her to let me know when she has some free time to hit me up. Is that a bad thing?”

Rarity found herself pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration, this whole thing was starting to get out of control.

“Yes, it is a bad thing! Weren’t you going to tell Rainbow Dash that you were going back to Canada or something? This was suppose to be a one time thing, what on earth happened in that park!”

Moose began to rub the back of his head as he avoided Rarity’s piercing gaze.

“Well, it started to get dark being a gentleman, I walked her home. As I was leaving she grabbed my arm and asked to see me again.”

Rarity let out a deep sigh. “I guess it couldn’t be helped….wait A MINUTE! Rainbow Dash ask you out on a date?”

Stumbling slightly Moose soaked in Rarity’s words one syllable at a time to absorb their full meaning. He lifted up his hands in front of his chest as if he was trying to push away Rarity’s words from the air.

“ It’s not a date, Rainbow said that she wants to get to know me better.”

Rarity held her tongue she needed a moment to think.

* What do I tell Pinkie? That it is a date, but if I keep calling it a date will Pinkie turn it into a date? What if Rainbow Dash is already smitten by Moose. This thing has gotten way out of hand…Well there is no turning back now. If Moose is exposed then there is a good chance that both of us will lose Rainbow Dash as a friend. All I can really do is play along for now...*

“Well then um Moose, since you are extending this little charade. You will have to learn all of the skills necessary to transform yourself into…well you!”

Moose threw his arms in the air as the excitement of learning something new ran it’s course. Soon the moment passed and he was left with a wave of exhaustion.

“Sounds good to me…so when can I um, wash up?”

A coy grin stretched across Rarity’s lips, she slinked over to young man. Rarity pulled Moose by the arm dragging him into her lab. Moose felt Rarity wrap her arms around the back of his neck as she pressed her lips near his ear.

“ We got a lot of work to do Mr. Pie” whispered Rarity as the heat from her breath tickled his ear.

Moose felt the hair stand on the back of his neck end due to Rarity’s seductive contact. Rarity extracted herself from him when she saw his face. She burst out laughing, clutching her sides as she gasped for air.

“That’s payback! Mister, for all of your ridiculous teasing!”

Moose couldn’t help but grin, it was a big accomplishment to pull one over on him.

“Now the teasing is out of the way, you are going to need a lot of photographs to cement your existence! So Moose, are you up for a little fashion show?”

“You bet I am!”

Rarity pulled out a handful of outfits from her men’s collection. She found that sometimes working on men’s clothes would unclog her mind enough to work on a line of women’s clothing. The pair continued to take as many photos as possible. Rarity even went through the trouble of photoshopping a picture of Moose and Pinkie Pie together in a photo. Rarity saved a few pictures of Moose to her phone and sent them to Pinkie Pie for good measure. Rarity even had Moose take a few selfies of himself. After they were both exhausted; Moose took one last photo of him and Rarity smiling together.

“Well my dear, I think that will do for now. Are you ready to learn how to properly remove prosthetics and makeup?”

Moose sleepily nodded his head, he would do almost anything to crawl into bed. Rarity started the somewhat long process of removing the makeup. Pinkie Pie was a quick study she learned what chemicals to use to loosen up the prosthetics. Once again Pinkie Pie was herself dressed in her pajamas she slid into Rarity’s large bed. She wrapped her arms around a drowsy Rarity. A few weeks ago the sudden contact would have alarmed Rarity but the extra warmth was so relaxing. Pinkie thought back to her day as Moose the more she thought about it the more wanted to invest into her new persona.

* If I want this to work then I have to go all in. I must live and breath Moose, I must become Moose for Rainbow’s sake! *

There was a short pause in Pinkie Pie’s thoughts as her new persona leaked into her mind.

* My name is Moose, I’m from Canada, I’ve been staying with my cousin Pinkie Pie. My hobbies are art, reading comic books and pulling pranks!*

Moose’s voiced echoed in her mind as she drifted off to sleep to a peaceful sleep.

The morning came way to quickly for Rarity’s taste. The groggy fashionista limped down to the kitchen to fix herself a simple bowl of cold cereal. Scarping the last bits of cereal from the bottom of her bowl, Pinkie Pie wandered over to the kitchen table. Feeling hungry Pinkie Pie grabbed herself a bowl of cereal. After a few bites Pinkie Pie started to perk up.

“Good morning Rarity, did you sleep well?”

Rarity lifted her head from the table as she waited for her coffee to be ready. Rubbing the last bit of sleep out of her eyes, Rarity glanced over at her pink friend. She blinked rapidly to make sure that she wasn’t seeing things. Pinkie Pie tilted her head as Rarity stared at her. Rarity pointed a pale finger at the girl sitting across from her.

“Pinkie Pie! Your hair! What have I done! It is so short, what was I thinking! I should have just made you wear a large hat-”

Rarity face-palmed in sight of such an obvious solution for yesterday’s problem.

“This is a disaster! I could make you a wig but I don’t have time to make one! Ugh! This is the worst possible outcome I can imagine!”

“ Or I can just wear a big hat?” shrugged Pinkie Pie

Not being able to stop herself Rarity slammed her head on the table. “ I could whip something up before school…I can use some of the bits of hair from yesterday's haircut! Yes, I could make some hair extinctions really quick if I add a hat to the mix! It just might work!”


“Ah really appreciate ya help’n me out around the farm Sunset.”

Shrugging her shoulders Sunset just smiled. “It was the least I could do after you had me over for dinner with your family. I had a lot of fun playing board games with Apple Bloom.”

“Really? You had fun playing connect four, eighteen times in a row? I can only play a few rounds tops.”

Sunset playfully snorted “ I guess connect four is way to complicated for you.”

Applejack responded by punching Sunset in the arm. “Oh hush up, ya smarty pants! Just cause, I lost one round ta Apple Bloom doesn’t mean that am dumb.”

Rubbing her arm Sunset giggled at Applejack’s bruised ego. “Don’t worry AJ, I will give you hints next time. But seriously I really had a lot of fun…I kind of always wondered what it would be like to have a little sister.”

Sunset’s voice got really quite, Applejack almost missed the last bit. Putting a warm hand on Sunset’s shoulder Applejack gave Sunset a tight squeeze for just a second.

“Well then, Ah guess you’ll just have ta come over more often then. Apple Bloom sure has taken quite a likin' ta ya.”

A large smile crept onto Sunset’s lips. “I would love too! Maybe next time I can get Big Mac to actually talk to me.”

Slapping Sunset on the back Applejack howled with laughter. “Wooooweeeee! And maybe pigs will fly. If you can get Mac to say an entire sentence to ya, I’ll dress up in a frou frou, sparkly dress.”

The wheels started to turn in Sunset’s mind, she saw this as a golden opportunity of a lifetime. Rubbing her tan hands together in a menacing manner.

“So if I get him to talk to me, you will let me pick out a dress for you to wear?”

Crossing her arms Applejack nodded. “ That’s right if you can get him to say something other than Eeyup or Nope than I’ll dress up.”

An evil grin crept on Sunset’s face, it kind of felt good to let her mischievous side show once in awhile.

“AJ you are toast! I’m going to win for sure! I will stop by after school so we can settle our little bet!”

Sporting a devious smirk of her own, Applejack placed her hands on her hips and smugly leaned towards Sunset.

“Hold on there sugar cube, if you lose than you’ll have to…to work on the farm for a whole week!”

Smugly Sunset crossed her arms with a smile to match. “ Oh please, that’s not a punishment. I thought that you would think of something more creative than that? Well there’s no turning back now!”

Silently Applejack extended her hand towards Sunset, she gladly accepted Sunset’s hand. Giving Applejack’s hand a tight squeeze, they shook to sealing the deal.


In the pandemonium that followed as Rarity as she worked like a rabid wolverine while throwing together a makeshift wig hat combo. Bits of pink hair and chunks of fabric flew in all directions. Pinkie Pie rushed to Rarity’s side as Rarity barked out orders. After Pinkie Pie fulfilled all of Rarity’s requests The final product was finished just moments before they had to head to school. Giving the hat a once over, Rarity placed the finished black fedora on Pinkie Pie’s head. Relief washed over Rarity when the illusion was very convincing. Pinkie Pie’s hair was restored to it’s former glory, Rarity hand picked out Pinkie Pie’s outfit to match her new hat. Pinkie Pie sported a slimming black jacket with long sleeves; a white shirt, blue jeans and plain black loafers. Grabbing their backpacks Rarity dragged Pinkie Pie out the door to her car. With only ten minutes before the school bell rang it was cutting it close. Luck was on their side as they hit every green light and they even scored a good parking spot. As they sped walked to the school’s entrance they were both intercepted by Applejack and Sunset Shimmer.

“Howdy Pinkie! Uh, Rarity what happened ta ya? Ya look like you just wrestled a flamingo!”

“What! That is ridiculous I-”

Rarity froze in place when she saw that she was covered in clumps of Pinkie Pie’s hair that clung to her clothing. Sunset quietly giggled, feeling a familiar burning in her cheeks Rarity quickly dusted off as much Pinkie hair as she could. Now that she was hair free Rarity cleared her throat, she quickly thanked Applejack for catching her untidiness before class. Applejack raised an eyebrow when she saw Pinkie Pie staring off into space. Normally Applejack would’ve been crushed in a bone crushing hug by now.

“I really like yer new hat Pinkie!” Smiled Applejack as she dipped her own stetson in acknowledgment.

Snapping out of her latest daydream Pinkie Pie copied Applejacks gesture before she launched herself at the farmer.

“Aw thanks! Rarity worked really on it!” Beaming a white smile at the exhausted fashionista.

Rarity just nodded with a small smile, Pinkie Pie wrapped one arm around Applejack with the other around Sunset. The beaming girl squeezed her two friends causing their faces to press against one another. The loud bell rang caused Rarity to flinch, the clanking bell signaled the start of a new school day. The four friends parted ways to their different classes. Applejack was surprised to see Rainbow Dash was already sitting in her seat. Applejack took her seat, she leaned towards Rainbow Dash to whisper in her ear.

“Hey Dash, where’ve ya been? I was starting ta miss ya.”

Rainbow Dash continued to stare into space with a goofy grin on her face. Feeling a little frustrated Applejack licked her index finger before she stuck it in Rainbow Dash’s ear. The chilling sensation made Rainbow Dash snap her head towards the annoyed farmer.

“What did you do that for Applejack!” hissed Rainbow Dash.

Applejack crossed her arms, “ You were ignorin’ me, not only that but I have been worried about ya, where were ya last week?”

Rainbow Dash puffed out her chest in annoyance as she rubbed her moist ear. “I was going through some junk alright. But everything work out in the end so no biggie.”

Applejack was about to respond but the teacher walked in, their conversation would have to wait until after class. As the class droned on Applejack would glance over at Rainbow Dash. She noticed that Rainbow Dash would glance down at her phone every five minutes. When Rainbow Dash wasn’t looking down at her phone she was daydreaming. Feeling hurt Applejack was starting to feel like she was being snubbed. But her stubbornness wasn’t going to let Rainbow Dash ignore her for much longer. As the minutes ticked by Applejack listened to the lecture as she watched Rainbow Dash from the corner of her eye.

When the bell rang Rainbow Dash was true to her name and she was gone before Applejack could even stand up. Rainbow Dash sprinted down the hallway as she scanned the crowd for a certain pink girl. Her mind was flooding with questions that she wanted to ask Pinkie Pie. Most of them were about a certain handsome cousin that she met recently. After hearing the final bell chiming Rainbow Dash felt disappointed that she couldn’t find Pinkie Pie. In her annoyance Rainbow Dash found herself in her next class not feeling like listening she just stared at the wall.

* Only one more class before lunch time…Hehe I can finally get my hands on Pinkie Pie. Then I can finally get some info! I can’t wait!…Ugh, stupid clock move faster! *

A shadow loomed over Rainbow Dash as she continued to stare at the wall. A rather deep voice ripped Rainbow Dash from her thoughts.

“ Rainbow Dash, would you please join the rest of us on planet earth!”

The whole class erupted into a chorus of quite giggles, Rainbow Dash’s cheeks were set aflame. Looking up she focused her attention to the teacher standing in front of her.

“This chapter will be on your next test, so please try to pay attention!”

When the class resumed Rainbow Dash snorted in frustration, after being singled out the rest of the class went on without a hitch. A large smile pulled at her lips when as she watch the last minute of class tick by. Not a second later the bell chimed like in her first class Rainbow Dash was gone.


On the way to the lunchroom Pinkie Pie bummed into Fluttershy and Sunset on her way to the cafeteria the three of them chatted along the way. Soon Applejack and Rarity joined them, when everyone settled Rarity went on about how she forgot to pack her own lunch that morning. And how she was reluctant to buy the school’s lunch. The doors slammed against the wall half of the students in the cafeteria glanced at the commotion. Rainbow Dash stood in the doorway, huffing loudly as she made her way to over her friends.

“Hey Pinkie Pie! I need to talk to you!”

Smiling brightly “Sure, talk away Dashie!” giggled Pinkie Pie

Shaking her head Rainbow Dash gently grabbed Pinkie Pie by her arm.

“I can’t, I need to talk to you in private.” Rainbow Dash whispered.

Rarity and Applejack’s ears perked up at that last statement; Applejack was frustrated while Rarity was trying to hide her panic.

“What is so gosh darn important, that you can’t talk in front of yer friends?”

Applejack narrowed her eyes at Rainbow Dash. Not feeling in the mood for Applejack’s drama Rainbow Dash tugged Pinkie Pie’s arm. Feeling ignored once again Applejack slammed her fist on the table causing Sunset’s juice box to fall over.

“If there is anyone that needs ta talk ta ya in private, it is me! All you’ve been doing is dodging and avoiding me. And Ah want to know why?”

Everyone at the table felt a little guilty since nearly everyone had a clue of what was going on. Sunset felt a wave of empathy for Applejack she knew first hand what it felt like to be ignored.

Rainbow Dash stiffened. “ When did you become such a nosey noser son! Look I just want to talk to Pinkie alone, when did that become a crime!”

Applejack marched over to Rainbow Dash with flaring nostrils, Fluttershy shrank back while Pinkie frowned. Sunset felt a slow anger boiling under the surface.

“I didn’t say it was! I barely talked with ya in weeks, I’m just concerned” growled Applejack.

Rainbow Dash was at her boiling point, Applejack was seriously invading her personal space. Applejack’s forehead was nearly touching her own, Rarity had seen enough.

“Let's be reasonable now, everyone just needs to take a breath and we can all talk this out. There’s no reason to fight, we are all friends after all.” said Rarity

Rarity was now standing right behind Applejack, she placed a comforting hand on the farmer’s shoulder.

Applejack just snorted “That’s easier said than done, since someone is shut tighter than a clam.”

At her breaking point Rainbow Dash gave Applejack a good shove to get some space from the angry farmer. Rainbow Dash didn’t count on Applejack stumbling backwards. Applejack completely lost her footing resulting her slamming right into Rarity. The impact caused the back of Applejack’s head to crash right onto Rarity’s face. In the span of a second Rainbow Dash caused her two friends to become a pair of dominoes. Luckily Pinkie Pie and Sunset were able to catch the falling girls before they slammed into the lunch table. A loud whimper could be heard from behind Applejack.

Fluttershy gasped loudly. “Rarity, you're bleeding!”

Everyone’s head snapped towards the injured fashionista in Sunset’s arms. Applejack was a little dazed as she tried to compute what just occurred, Rainbow Dash ran to the other side of the cafeteria to grab a bunch of napkins for Rarity’s injury. Offering the napkins, Applejack snatched them out of Rainbow’s hands and gently dabbed them over Rarity’s split lip. When Rarity saw the blood running down her chin as it dripped all over her white shirt the unsightly mess caused her to faint.

“Is she okay?” asked a timid Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy’s material instincts kicked in, she relieved Applejack from Rarity’s side. After looking over her injured friend Fluttershy sighed.

“Rarity will be fine she just has a split lip and really bruised nose. I think she fainted because her shirt is ruined. Go get some ice for her nose!” shouted Fluttershy.

Rainbow Dash knew from experience to never question Fluttershy when she raised her voice. She soon returned with a small bag of ice that she wrapped in a few paper towels. Fluttershy took the ice and carefully placed it on Rarity’s swelling nose. Sunset Shimmer gave Rainbow Dash a cold glare. Feeling really small Rainbow Dash stood a few steps away from everyone while they fussed over Rarity. Rainbow Dash felt remorse of her actions in shoving Applejack. She didn’t mean to hurt anyone she just wanted some space. But she knew that didn’t matter, she knew that she made a terrible mistake.

Author's Note:

Anyways! I took a break from Pinkie Pie and the lovely Rarity being the main focus. They weren't the complete focus for this chapter for once! :ajbemused: Now that Moose is all set up I can now focus more on the other characters like Sunset, Applejack, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash I guess :rainbowderp: I had a hard time with writing the conversation between Sunset and Applejack I got stuck for three days! I couldn't think of a consequence for Sunset if she lost the bet! Then I almost slapped myself in the face when I finally decided what Applejack picked for a punishment!

A new twist is Moose having his thoughts marked in brown, why the color brown? Isn't it obvious moose are brown duh! Moose's thoughts are just Pinkie Pie talking in her head with his voice. One reason is that she can practice things that he might say; that way she can expand his personality. The other reason is to make sure that staying in character is like second nature to her.

Rewritten 8-08-16