• Published 3rd Jul 2015
  • 830 Views, 18 Comments

Diamond Dog Days - Verve Vision



Ruby Gorget is apart of the upper crust of Canterlot, groomed from a young age for greatness she intends to make her family proud. The only thing considered a problem, is that she isn't a pony at all.

  • ...
1
 18
 830

Growing

"Ruby! Ruby Gorget! Where did you run off to? Your still in diapers and yet you run faster than I can!" Social Justice said running around the house trying to find her daughter who developed a tendency to run and hide for the fun of it. Social was checking a closet when she heard a giggle from in the pantry.

"Oh my where could Ruby be? I fear she may be gone forever!" Social said playfully and hearing another giggle.

"It's just a guess but I think she might be... Here!" Social said swinging open the pantry door to find a laughing Ruby in a cute yellow sundress. She picks her up and give her a snuggle much to Ruby's delight.

"Oh I just love, love, love you!" Social said rubbing her face into Ruby's hair.

"Love you!" Ruby said copying her mother in her baby babble, Canterlot accent and all.

"Ohhh your sooo cuuute!" Social said squeezing her daughter. " Alright now Ruby, mother has to go to work today but Ship Shape has promised to watch over you and I'm sure you both will have lots of fun." Social said sitting Ruby down on the floor.

"Stay!" Ruby yelled grabbing onto her mother's leg firmly.

"Now Ruby, Mother's job is very important. I make sure ponies get the right punishment for the bad things they did. If I stayed here, those ponies will get away with what they did. You don't want that, do you?" Social Justice said gently, lifting Ruby's chin to look at her.

"Bad?"

"Remember there's no such thing as bad ponies, only ponies who do bad things. I make sure they learn their lesson so they don't do bad things anymore. That's why I have to go, but I'll be back tonight to read you a story. I promise." Social said hugging her daughter.

"Back soon!" Ruby said with a hug, walking with her mother to the front door. Ruby waved goodbye as Social left. Ship Shape was standing by to close the door, after he shut it he noticed Ruby was already flopped on the ground.

"Don't tell me you miss your mother already? She hasn't even been gone a second." Ship said walking over to Ruby.

Ruby grumbled in protest, rolling on the floor.

"Come on now, we can have fun together can't we?" Ship Shape said as Ruby continued to roll around.

"I heard your mother bought a few more picture books yesterday." Ship said with a smile, trotting to the parlor bookshelf. Ruby immediately got up and ran over to her favorite spot to be read to.


"...the knight saved the prince from the mean queen and they lived happily ever after." Ship Shape said closing the book as Ruby's eyes sparkled with delight at the story.

"Love! Love!" Ruby said looking to Ship.

"It really is impressive that you can communicate so well for being -that's right! Your birthday's coming up soon. I'm sure it's going to be exciting." Ship said putting the book back on the shelf while Ruby looked at him.

"Oh, and you may have to start your classes sooner because of your fast development." Ship said turning back to a confused Ruby who returned to rolling around.

"Classes?" Ruby said somehow still maintaining eye contact while rolling.

"Lessons to improve yourself. Learning proper speech, posture, perhaps even learning an instrument or talent." Ship shape explained looking away during his monologue only to return to startled looking puppy who was now laying on her back.

"Your Mother and Father went through the same thing when they were both young. I know it sounds like a lot of work but I promise it's worth it in the end and why am I unloading this onto somepony less than one." Ship said facehoofing. "Don't worry, your classes are for your sake to become a great member of society."

Ruby Gorget was still very small and didn't think about the future very much. In fact she didn't think very much at all. But for the rest of that day Ruby thought a lot. Even after her mother came home, read her a story, tucked her into bed, and turned off the light.

Ruby thought about what the future might hold.

Author's Note:

Sorry this is so short after having no updates for so long.

Comments ( 7 )

Glad to see this ain't dead :pinkiehappy:

What 7218562 said.

Ruby is just... Dawww~! :rainbowkiss:

Ruby is adorable!!! I can totally see her tail being classed as a lethal weapon when she gets really happy. I can also see her sniffing like crazy whenever her favorite foods are being cooked.

7594104
Thanks for the comment, it really inspired me! There will be plenty of bonding moments don't worry and I'm hoping to slow down the story in a few parts to take the time to tell the story properly. I hope to write more soon but I'm very busy with work and school. I hope to get the next chapter out soon!

I hope you decide to continue this story but if you didn't enjoy writing it than I understand why it would remain discontinued

9887089
I actually think about this story a lot and i do plan on writing more and even want to finish it. I have a lot of the plot planned out in my head but I have a hard time sitting still to write and sometimes when I get to a calm part of the story I get stuck. There will be two pictures in the next chapter mainly because i couldn't think of a a smoother way to describe new characters. But hey, two pictures! The next one will mostly be to introduce characters and to show some more cute moments but i think the one after that will move along the story a bit more. Thanks for commenting it really gives me motivation to continue!

9890449
And then he died.

Login or register to comment