• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 584 Views, 13 Comments

All Hail Princess Fluttershy - ChangelingQueenDragonfly



Fluttershy lives a mostly normal life in Ponyville, until something happens that changes he life, and her, forever.

  • ...
4
 13
 584

Chapter six: The Loss of a Queen Part One

Author's Note:

Chapter specific tags: sad
Boy, it's been a while, hasn't it? Glad to be back. :)
Sorry it's a bit short, part 2 will be out eventually. I might stop at two parts but I might do more if I feel the need to.

The Changeling Empire
Pre-Equestria
3500 years ago

The High Preistess Diamond Shard, normally a well respected, powerful changeling mare, could do nothing but pray.
The current ruler, Queen Dragonfly I, was deathly ill, and the healer, try as he may, could do nothing. All was lost if her daughter was unwilling or unable to take over after the queen's now very likely death.
She sent up prayers to their gods, but she knew that even they could not prevent the inevitable.
"The Queen would like to see you."
Rubbing her pendant necklace, she nodded at the servant who had walked out of the queen's room. She knew why she had been called.

Modern day Equestria
Canterlot City
10:01am

As Dragonfly walked the streets, she couldn't help but notice the nervous murmurs of the ponies.
"What's going on?"
"Have the changelings returned?"
"I wonder what they want..."
She didn't like it, but at the same time, she didn't exactly blame them. After all, she had heard about the wedding invasion Chrysalis had done, and she also knew that was the only other time they had seen changelings. Plus, she was a bit intimidating, standing at a shocking 5'2 to contest the ponies 3 to 4' range.
I just have to go to the castle, talk to the princesses, and go back to the hive. In and out. Simple. Nothing I can't handle.
Oh, how wrong she was.

Canterlot Castle
10:00am

Celestia stared at what the guard had shown her in horror.
"Do you have any idea what could have done this?" She asked the one who had taken her there.
"Unfortunatley, no. Whatever did it was long gone by the time anyone found out," replied the slightly shaken guard, holding his helmet. "But I would imagine who, or what, ever did this was trying to leave a message of sorts."
"Why do you say that?" She pondered, looking at the sight.
"The one it did this to was one of the guards that was supposed to help greet the visitor, and, look," he pointed to a small crystal shard. "That kind of jewel is only found in the north, where our guest is from."
"But what is it doing here?" She wondered, silently pondering sending it to twilight for a more thorough examining.
"That's what we were trying to figure out. The crystal itself looks very old, so we didn't mess with it. It would probably be best to use magic to move it," he replied with a frown.
"I've decided to send the crystal to Twilight. Perhaps she can find out how old it is, and how it got into the castle."