• Published 27th Jun 2015
  • 583 Views, 13 Comments

All Hail Princess Fluttershy - ChangelingQueenDragonfly



Fluttershy lives a mostly normal life in Ponyville, until something happens that changes he life, and her, forever.

  • ...
4
 13
 583

Chapter Three: Meanwhile, in Canterlot

Canterlot Royal Archives
5:00am

Princess Celestia was confused. Her faithful student, Twilight Sparkle, had sent her a letter telling her the events that had happened that morning and, try as she might, couldn't find any information on the events. A large beast guarding an ancient temple wasn't too mysterious, Equestria was probably dotted with them, but how it behaved, and the events that followed it being found were unexplainable at best, impossible at absolute worst. Twilight is my most faithful student, and I trust her judjement, but this is all very strange, and nothing adds up, she thought, sighing. If facts can't explain what's happening, perhaps legends can, she mused, levitating an ancient looking book down from a shelf. The cover read, Legends and Myths of Ancient Equestria: Separating fact and fiction. The book in itself wasn't that old, it had been added to the archives only two years prior. Celestia knew that the book had been designed to look that way, for reasons she was unsure of.
No point in getting distracted. I have research to do, thought Celestia, then paused.
"I'm starting to sound like Twilight," she chuckled to herself as she opened the book. It took a few minutes, but she found somethinng
similar to what Twilight had described. It read:
"Itis rumored that, in anient times, there was a temple guarded by a creature of large size. many ponies went to the temple to try
and get in, but were stopped by the guard. It is also said that only a pony with a pure heart would be let in. ponies that met this supposed requirement were taken there, but rejected, and told the temple was looking for 'the mare with the mark of kindness.' It is unknown what was supposedly inside the temple, or who the guard was looking for. Fact or legend: final judgement: Legend"
Celestia sighed and pushed the book aside. The legend had been extremely close to matching the situation, but had been proven to be just a legend. I suppose I'll just have to keep looking, She thought, defeated.
"Need help?" asked a dark blue alicorn.
"Oh, hello Luna. I was looking for a legend that matched this letter that Twilight sent me," explained Celestia.
"Well, you seem to have something right there," said Luna, gesturing at the book, still opened to the page celestia had given up on.
"What's wrong with that information?"
"It mostly matches the letter, but it was proven to be only a legend," replied Celestia.
"How do you know the writers hadn't just compared it to what they thought was possible, and assumed it was false?"
"What makes you say that?" asked Celestia.

The Chamber of Light
?:??am

Blinding white light surrounded Fluttershy as she walked on. She didn't dare open her eyes from fear of permanent damage, and
because of knowing that even if the light wasn't harmful, she wouldn't be able to see anyways. As she went further and further in,
she got a nagging feeling that she was getting nowhere.
Fluttershy... Open your eyes Fluttershy.. See the light Fluttershy... Trust the light... Fluttershy... Trust yourself Fluttershy... Open
Your eyes... Your destiny is unfolding, Fluttershy..."
"Fluttershy! FLUTTERSHY! Fluttershy? Where are you! Fluttershy!" Fluttershy opened her eyes, blinking to adjust to the sudden change. Looking around, fluttershy saw why she felt like she hadn't been getting anywhere. she had been on an enchanted path that kept her in place as long as she couldn't see.
Well, now I can go forward. That was a tricky puzzle to solve. Hopefully I won't come across anything dangerous, she thought as
she approached the door to the next chamber in the seemingly endless temple.

Outside the Temple
6:00am

Twilight Sparkle was getting more and more worried. each moment when Fluttershy didn't come out of the temple caused her to panic even more. She was so worried that she had begun pacing on the thick stone floor of the temple's entrance.
"Hey Twilight! Nice groove! Where'd ya get it?" asked Pinkie Pie, walking over to Twilight.She paused to think. "No! Don't tell me! lemme guess! uhhh... You were pacing cause you're worried about Fluttershy!"
"Groove? What groove?" asked Twilight, then looked around. "Oh. Yeah, you're right, Pinkie. Uh, could you help me get out?"
"Sure! just let me grab my party cannon."said Pinkie, before zipping off.
"Pinkie! Now is NOT the time!" groaned Twilight
"Not the time for what?" asked Pinkie innocently as she lowered a rope. "My party cannon made this rope to help!"
"Bu- bu- wha- huh!?!?"
"Don't question the logic, darling, you'll end up with a terrible headache," said Rarity, with a tiny smile.

Author's Note:

New chapter, new POV. yay!
:yay::yay::derpytongue2::derpytongue2:
Also, why the lack of comments? No suggestions? At all?:trixieshiftright:
Best princess unknowingly figured it out.:heart:
Plus: MORE FLUTTERSHY:heart::yay::heart: