• Published 29th May 2015
  • 873 Views, 10 Comments

When the Sun Goes Down - Foxy Fox



When Princess Celestia finds her self spiraling into depression, the only pony who can save her from her pit of sadness is Twilight Sparkle. But will she be able to do it in time?

  • ...
1
 10
 873

Flashbacks

Author's Note:

Hey there, if you were even still bothering to wait for the next chapter! I know, it's been like, what, only six months? That's not too long, right?:twilightsheepish:: Anyway, my extremest of apologies, I have things going on that get in the way of my writing so don't be too harsh on me, alright? I know it's on the short side, but I will start releasing longer ones later on. Oh yeah, and check for spelling errors and whatnot too. Thanks for sticking with this story! :pinkiesmile:

Celestia and Luna trotted down the stone pavement in the Canterlot Market, chatting the day away. Luna licked on her chocolate-chip cookie dough ice cream, while Celestia stuck to good ol' fashioned vanilla.

"Ooh, do you remember those time when you would try to teach me how raise the stars!"

"Of course Luna, how could I ever forget?" Celestia let her mind drift back to the times when she and Luna were younger, Celestia assisting Luna in her task of ascending each sparkling star.

"Ugh! We still can't get it right! We are failure!"

"Oh Luna, thou is not a failure! A little more practice and thou shall be raising those very stars like there is no tomorrow! Here, thou just hast to concentrate one's magic in a small area and-"

"Tia, thou hast told me that a minimum of one million times! Yet, we still seem to lack the talent to raise the stars. We wish we were more like thou."

"Now Luna, thou art unique, and everypony has their own individual strengths and weaknesses. But, did thou know that everyponys' strengths were indeed once weaknesses? Practice makes for perfection, little sister."

Celestia's flashback faded when Luna said something, reminding her that they were still walking and eating ice cream, steadying her cone with her magic before the vanilla goodness could slip onto the ground below.

"Tia, did you hear me?"

"No, I'm sorry, can you say that again?"

"I said I'm worried Celestia! You've been zoning out an awful lot, and those nightmares you've been having, I don't have a very good feeling towards them."

"Yes, the nightmares. Well, I'm sure they'll pass with time, things have just been so stressful lately, you know."

"Tia, are you sure that there is absolutely nothing on your mind that you would like to tell me about. I'm your sister, you can tell me anything that troubles you in the slightest."

Celestia was about to reply when she felt another flashback, not a gentle one, but one that forced itself onto her, and their was nothing she could do to stop it. Celestia's first thought regarded her question of why she was in her old castle and why it wasn't crumbled and worn, but then she heard the sinister cackle that she could only know as...

"Oh, no. It can't be..." Celestia whimpered. "It's Nightmare Moon."

Celestia could barely collect her thoughts before she registered the beam of evil magic shooting towards her at the speed of sound. She spread her wings and flew upwards, just in time to miss the eerie blue light that would have surely killed her. Celestia looked at the source of the deadly assault and saw none other than the black alicorn mare named Nightmare Moon. The dark figure began to aim another ball of energy at Celestia, all the while laughing maniacally, her pupils mere slits against her ice blue irises.

"You will never stop me Celestia, I am the true ruler of Equestria! My gorgeous night shall reign forever!' And with that Nightmare Moon shot the pent-up magic in her horn towards her sister, Celestia still hovering in the air above the steaming marble floor beneath her, flew even higher avoiding another failed attempt at murder.

"Please sister, stop this madness! Why are you doing this! Please, don't make me do it, not again..." Celestia sobbed, her wings failing to hold the white alicorn up any longer. She fell to the floor, too devastated to even bother to move.

"You have wronged me one too many times Celestia, this is merely my revenge and the taking back of my rightful throne! By getting rid of you, I guess I'm killing two birds with one stone, huh sis?" Another spell of dark magic was cast and Celestia's eyes were too blurry and tear-filled to bother with looking at the blue ray of death heading straight towards her vulnerable form.

Comments ( 2 )

Well this was an interesting chapter not that great of one but at least its a new chapter after 6 long months. Also I can't pin point exactly why, but I didn't like the section where Luna and Tia where talking in old Enquish(Old English) it felt like it had a very awkward pacing. Maybe because it felt like you used to many thou's or just because the only thing you did is substitute thou every single time you should be used, but it just didn't seem like good old Enquish dialogue.

P.S. Don't worry too much about the 6 month Hiatus:pinkiesad2: at least you came back and posted another chapter, other authors just leave with no explanations never to be seen again:twilightoops:.

~Techy

6815986 I know right! AND WHERE ARE THE LUNA EMOTICONS!

Login or register to comment