• Published 29th May 2015
  • 873 Views, 10 Comments

When the Sun Goes Down - Foxy Fox



When Princess Celestia finds her self spiraling into depression, the only pony who can save her from her pit of sadness is Twilight Sparkle. But will she be able to do it in time?

  • ...
1
 10
 873

Nightmares

Celestia's head popped up from her pillow, and she was panting heavily, her face was damp with sweat, as if she had just run a marathon. Suddenly, Luna rushed in, almost ripping the door open, causing it to collide with the wall, creating a loud bang. Luna's eyes were wide with concern as she rushed to her sister's side.

"My dear sister, thou scared me half to death! I thought there was an intruder! What has troubled thee so much to where you cry out for help in the middle of the night? Is it another nightmare?"

"Yes. But I am okay now sister. It was just a little bad dream, that's all." Royal guards burst into the room holding their spears, ready to fight off any danger that might bring harm either princess.

"Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, all you all right?!" Luna looked at them, highly annoyed at them for coming so late. If there had been an actual intruder, they would've had enough time to ponynap Celestia or do other horrible things to her. As Luna opened her mouth angrily, about to tell them off for not doing their job correctly, Celestia spoke up first.

"There is no need to panic. Everything is quite alright, and thank you for having concern. But you may leave now as your services are not needed for the time being. Good night." The guards nodded, said 'good night Celestia, Luna' and went back to their posts.

Luna was still surprised at how calmly her sister had handled the situation. If it had been her she surely would've used the Royal Canterlot voice on them and fired them on the spot. "Sister, aren't you mad? They should've been in here the second you let out a yelp!" Celestia chuckled.

"Oh Luna, you have to know that they're trying their best. Besides, I could probably take care of any trouble that might happen. Don't be such a worrywart."

"You're right. I know you can handle yourself but....I don't want anything to happen to you. I don't know what I'd do without you." Her eyes started to tear up and a salty drop found its way down her dark cheek. Luna's words had also struck a painful chord in Celestia's heart as she reminded her of the 1000 year absence of her little sister. Celestia couldn't help but cry a little too. She hugged Luna tight to her chest and cooed in her ear.

"Don't worry Luna. Everything will be all right." Luna looked up at Celestia with wide, glistening eyes.

"Promise?" Celestia crossed her heart and put her hoof over one eye, acting out the Pinkie Promise.

"Tia?"

"Yes Luna?"

"May I sleep in your bed tonight?"

"Of course you can." Luna walked over to the other side of the bed and pulled the sheets down with her magic. She then proceeded to slip under the covers, cuddling with her sister, her head on Celestia's chest.

"Tia," Luna paused for a second and continued," do you really mean that promise?"

"I meant it with all of my heart. Now Good night Luna. Sleep well. Nothing bad is going to happen to me."

"Good night Tia. I love you."

"I love you too Luna." Luna soon fell asleep, snuggled up against Celestia. There were no more worries, at least on Luna's behalf. Celestia wasn't so sure. Those nightmares unsettled her. Made her feel heavy with sadness each morning she woke up after having one. But she shrugged it off, hoping the promise she made to Luna would be kept.

Little did the two sisters know, that promise wasn't going to remain for very long.

Author's Note:

Don't forget to like, comment, and follow for the latest updates on great new reading material! If you find any spelling errors or think something should be changed, leave it in the comments or PM me.:twilightsmile: