• Published 23rd May 2015
  • 940 Views, 35 Comments

The Lunar Knight's Willow Leaf - Moonlit Novel



You have heard the tale of Evening Star and Sharp Sword, but now we must hear of the tale of Willow Leaf, the most recent reincarnation of the soulmated mare who isn't quite what she seems.

  • ...
14
 35
 940

PreviousChapters Next
Post Common Era Chapter Nine/War of Stars Chapter Five: A Chaotic Message

Author's Notes:

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

Post Common Era Chapter Nine/War of Stars Chapter Five: A Chaotic Message

Masao stood alongside his wife, behind him stood the team of humans as in a jeep, which surprised Masao, drove up a man in full camouflage fatigues and Masao groaned before looking back at the other humans.

“Tell me that he isn’t your commanding officer, cause he is making you look like idiots” said Masao and the sergeant chuckled shaking his head, “Good”

“Hello, I was told to gather up the squad, and tell you not to resist, ‘cause we have snip—” there were the retorts of sniper rifles going off and then in the sounds of a scuffle over the radios as Masao grinned.

“This is Cypher two and Cypher ten, enemy snipers removed from this plane of existence”

“Next time you attempt to threaten my wife, make sure you have the snipers that can do it, now we can try this again, I want to see your commanding officers or there is no way these soldiers are going home, but now in addition, I want the fool who thought it would be a good idea to cross us” said Masao in a cheerful voice as suddenly the entire group disappeared with a burst of darkness until Masao was left. “Also, inform your commanding officers, they better not have snipers hiding next time, or we will kill your men” said Masao his voice going from cheery to deathly calm in a matter of seconds indicating his displeasure before he was encompassed by darkness and disappeared as it faded away.

- - -

“I swear, I knew nothing about their plans!” said the sergeant as soon as Masao walked into the room where the soldiers were being kept and Masao sighed shaking his head.

“I don’t doubt that you didn’t, hence why they are getting one more chance to get you and your team back alive, should they attempt to double cross us again however, I am sorry, but we will not be speaking again” said Masao and the sergeant swallowed as the implications of what Masao said washed over her mind, the UEC had one more chance, and if they blew it, they were dead…

- - -

“I don’t see why you should give them a second chance, love, they already prove themselves to be untrustworthy, and—”

“Did they? Or did they prove themselves scared of losing their soldiers? Luna, if you were in their place, and you didn’t know how the other side would react, say they had a team of ours instead of us having a team of theirs, wouldn’t you have done the same thing? Against my recommendation?” asked Masao and the princess sighed as she nodded, she didn’t like it when he proved her wrong, as rare as it was, but he was right.

“I get it, love, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it”

- - -

“Why should we listen to them Sarg? They are our captors! We should be—”

“Finding a way to escape? Not likely human” said a pegasus that walked into the room where the private and Sergeant were arguing, “As it stands you have a better chance to die that way, Prince Masao wants to have an alliance with you people, even though I see it as stupid, better to just lock the portal and kill off the rest of you, but then the prince is human so he probably wants to think the best of you rats”

“That is enough cypher ten” said Masao as he walked into the room and the pegasus gritted his teeth but said nothing, this human had been a loyal subject of Equestria for several millennia, there was no way he was going to ruin it now. “Now, I understand that you are thinking to escape, go ahead, but there are over seventeen hundred guards between here and the gates, and then you have the populous, try as I may to prevent news from getting out, the servants have already told their families about the attack on the castle, you would be lucky to get out of the city. No, it is better you remain as our guests until we return you to your CO” said Masao and the private sneered at him and was about to make a comment when the sergeant nodded and thanked him for the warning. The private however wasn’t deterred and attacked Masao only to be grabbed and thrown back by Masao’s dark magic. “If you think taking a hostage will work, you are sorely mistaken, every one of the ponies that have been taking care of you are all members of ESIS and are trained in all manners of self defense and will kill you before you could use them as hostages”

- - -

“Discord” said Masao as he knocked on the door to the chaos spirit’s room and the next thing he knew he was hanging upside down as the draconequus held him up by his leg.

“Oh, it’s you, can’t you see I am trying to find Fluttershy? I refuse to believe that—”

“Discord, if you want to talk to Fluttershy, then you need to talk with Twilight, she… She is practicing necromancy, but that is not what I am here to talk to you about, I need you to clear something up for me” said Masao and the chaos spirit released the human who landed on a pile of pillows that Discord had just summoned beneath him.

“Well, then speak, then I am going to prove you wrong! I loved her and—”

“H̵̤̞̠̞͂̐̀̌e̛͉͊̾̔l͙̒ͯ̂͝l̜͌ơ͉̻̩͔̩̞̰̐ͬ̈͗ ̱͍̘͉͈̝ͅm̛̺̣̳̥͉̫̉ͩ̋ͧy̢̯̯̏ͣͣ͂̽ͦ̇ ͙̜̗̱̱̙́̅̾ͫͮso̪͖͆̌n̟̼̟͟”

“Ah, dad, so you finally deemed it appropriate to come to me about that voice in your head, Masao? Can I ask what took you so long?” asked Discord and Masao‘s eyes shrunk to pinpricks Discord was a child of one of the gods of Chaos from Warhammer 40k? NOPE! Just nope! “Before you get all freaked out, yes he is Tzeentch, and no, he doesn’t want, or need you to follow him, he—”

“I know all about Tzeentch and Nurgle, I was a bit of a nerd back on Earth, I know that Tzeentch and Nurgle were not evil per-say, they were more for lack of better terms Chaotic Neutral, though Tzeentch wasn’t one to gift immortality so readily” said Masao and Discord chuckled but Tzeentch spoke up.

“O̴f cóurse I ͞a̴m͟ ̷n͠o̴t,͡ ͜b͝ut ͢Nurg͞le ҉a̧n͏d͠ ̕I̷ bo͢th͝ want̕ed ̵to͞ p̵ro̢t͢ęct͢ ̀D͜is̀cor̨d͢ ̛f̡rom̀ ̶t҉hi͞s̡, ͘we ̢k͟n̷ew ͠th̡is͢ w͢as̢ ́co̢miǹg͢, só ̸ẃh̸e̵n yóu t̕ook͘ ̵tha̸t̕ ̡gam͞bl̕e, ̷which,̢ ͟by ͜t͟h̢é ̡way, you ͞wou̢ĺd̛ ̡h̴ave ͝lo͘st, i͢f it͠ wer͟en̴'̴t̸ for͝ ̶us̴, y̸ou͘ ̛w͜oúld͏ ̀ha̛ve d͝ìe͏d͏ a ͝l͏on͠g t̴ime ҉ag͠ơ.̀ ̨N̛úrgl͏e a̴lw͘a͜ys di͏d͘ l̶i̸k͜e his ̢nep̢h͟e̶ẃ, ̷Kh͝oŕn̛e ͡a͠l̴so t̵hrew in t́he̸ a̵b̀ili̵t̢y͡ t͜o̸ l̡e͟a̧rn͘ ho͏w to̕ k̵ill e̸a̸s̶i͝er̕, ͘hȩ fi̡g̀u̸re̡d if you͡ wȩre ́going ̵to̵ ̧ki̸ll ̸a͠n̴y̧w̷a̵y,̶ then͠ he͜ ͟w͟as͠ ̧go͜in҉g̀ ͝t̷o ̕b͝en̛e̵f̡it̨” Masao gritted his teeth as the voice suddenly grew more clear, it hurt a little but it was no worse than a standard headache, but then he did a double-take.

“Wait! You knew I would come across my species again?!” asked Masao and Discord tsked at the immortal human before snapping and cause the pillows to disappear and Masao tumbled to the ground, Masao then stood up and dusted himself off while glaring at Discord.

“N̨o̸w, n͜ow̧, n͝o ̢ki̡l̵l͜iņg͝ ͝my so͜n, not ͟u͡n̶l҉es͡s͢ ͜h͘e ͜d̀oe̵s͜ ̡sòmet͜hi͝ng t͞o de҉şer̨v̕e i̛t̴, the͝n by a͠ll̛ ̷m̴e͜ans,͟ k͡i͡l͠l ͡hi͞m͠,̕ he'l̶l͞ ̶jus͞t ̧ćome͘ ̀b͝a͡ck anyway” Masao deadpanned at Tzeentch’s nonchalant manner of giving him permission to kill his own son.

“So then Tzeentch, if you want your son safe, does that mean you will send some daemons and/or Chaos Space Marines?”

“N̷o̶҉̕͟͜”

“Great… Wait! You never answered my first question!” all he got in response was a laugh as Discord decided now was a good time to float off and bother the princess of friendship, he was going to prove Masao wrong if it was the last thing he did…

Author's Note:

There we go a nice chapter to bring me back into posting most chapters! Part of the plan was to get some buffer between me and the rest of you, I wanted to get back to doing a monthly posting, but I think I can handle weekly

PreviousChapters Next