• Published 23rd May 2015
  • 940 Views, 35 Comments

The Lunar Knight's Willow Leaf - Moonlit Novel



You have heard the tale of Evening Star and Sharp Sword, but now we must hear of the tale of Willow Leaf, the most recent reincarnation of the soulmated mare who isn't quite what she seems.

  • ...
14
 35
 940

PreviousChapters Next
Post Common Era Chapter Twenty-six/War of Stars Chapter Twenty-two: Earth Part Three/Betrayal?

Author's Notes:

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

Post Common Era Chapter Twenty-six/War of Stars Chapter Twenty-two: Earth Part Three/Betrayal?

“I’m sorry that my colleagues seem to feel it is necessary to force you to stay longer than necessary. You came here for a reason, and I, for one, would rather we get that done” said a council member and Masao nodded in thanks as he cleared his throat…

- - -

“I said, no, what part of that do you not understand?” asked Sunrise Lily as a couple pegasi flirted with her, these ponies were part of the exchange program that the two governments were part of.

“Ah come on, I’m sure—”

“I am sure the student of Celestia told you no, and if that isn’t enough perhaps me telling you no will make a difference” said Shadow Eyes as she walked up to the mare calmly as the pegasi scoffed.

“and who are you?”

“Oh, no one, just Prince Masao’s student, and her marefriend” said Shadow Eyes calmly as she nuzzled Sunrise Lily who in turned kissed her lightly, and the pegasi seemed unsure, if this mare was telling the truth they were wasting their time hitting on her, not only was she a filly-fooler, she was taken, and to upset one would be upsetting their beloved rulers…

- - -

“So, you are going to leave after seeing how we have bettered Earth?” asked the portly council woman from earlier and Masao nodded calmly, even as the woman started to shake.

“My home hasn’t been Earth for millennia, and that isn’t going to change now” said Masao as he turned towards the door, “It was nice seeing Earth no longer the cesspool it was when I left, but I don’t think I’ll be coming back.”

“I’m sure you will…” whispered the portly woman though she simply smiled when Luna glared at her, her ears picking up what the woman had said…

- - -

“Minder Three, where is my student and her marefriend?” asked Masao as he walked out of the council’s chambers and the stallion sighed as he lead them to a group of pegasi stallions that were looking longingly at his student her marefriend.

“Really now? I sincerely hope they told you they were gay” said Masao as he walked up and put a hand on the two mare’s heads and roughed up their manes.

“PRINCE MASAO!” said the stallions as the suddenly landed and bowed and as soon as they saw the other princesses they bowed to them as well. “We are sorry that we bothered your student!” said the lead stallion and Masao chuckled.

“‘It is no crime for a beautiful girl being attracted to other women, it is just a damned shame’” said Masao as he shook his head and his student ‘looked’ at him with an upset look and he chuckled, “It means that it isn’t fair to males when a beautiful female is attracted to other females but there is nothing wrong with it either” Luna looked at him curiously for a moment before he leaned over and kissed the lunar princess lightly on the lips. “I mean we can live with it, but it doesn’t make it any easier when the mare of our dreams comes out and says she’s gay. Sure we congratulate her and wish her well, but it is still like a knife to the gut at times. Especially when we had put so much time into her, sometimes ignoring other mares while in pursuit of a mare we would never had gotten” It was at that that the mares looked at Masao in surprise, had he once wasted his time on a mare that was gay before?

“Well I did tell them I wasn’t interested” defended Sunrise and Masao chuckled before roughing up her mane again, much like a father or uncle would to a foal whose behaviour was cute.

“For some males that is just a challenge, though I am curious as to why you stayed here after you told them that, after all, you could have just left them be after they didn’t stop badgering you” said Masao while Luna and Willow Leaf remained quiet, apparently they were either letting Masao deal with it, or letting him dig his own grave, one of the two.

“I was waiting for Shadow Eyes, I told her I would be over here and I thought it would be rude of me to leave without letting my marefriend know where I was, and then she goes off and defends me” huffed Sunrise Lily good naturedly and Shadow Eyes bumped her with her rear. The stallions, who had long since gotten up from bowing stared longingly at the pair of mares. “Eyes off my marefriend” said Sunrise as she got in front of her and stood there protectively. At first Masao thought it was because of the stallions, but looking past them there was a human eyeballing the pair and Masao rolled his eyes as he led his group back to the hotel…

- - -

The next day, Masao sat in the hotel room thinking, Sunrise had told him that the human she yelled at had been following Shadow Eyes for some time and that could mean many things, the least dangerous being that the human was trying to pluck up the courage to ask her something, anything really, the most dangerous would be an agent of the Terrans or of the UEC planning on using her against Equestria or even Equis in general. That did not bode well for the millennia old human. That much was obvious as his wives walked into the hotel room after going for a swim in a pool that the holodeck room created for them.

“Something on your mind love?” asked the two mares and Masao grinned at them, seeing the water trickle down their fur was oddly attractive to him as he stood and with a quick gesture pulled the two mares close and kissed them lightly.

“I’m just thinking about the situation with Sunrise getting all defensive over her marefriend yesterday”

“Why? It shouldn’t surprise you all that much, you know how some mares get when they feel their mates are in danger” said Luna and Masao shook his head, it wasn’t that…

“No, I think she was on to something. They haven’t left their rooms since, and from what Sunrise told me, that human had been following them, and last time I walked outside of the hotel I saw him across the street, either he is attracted to my student, in which case he is out of luck, or he is poorly trained in espionage" in which case he pitied the man.

- - -

“Sunshine, we can’t stay in here all day again” said Shadow Eyes, while she trusted Sunrise’s instincts, she wanted to get out of the room there was only so much they could do, and she didn’t think having ‘fun’ was on that list of acceptable things to do in a hotel room, well… Maybe it was, but she wanted to get out first.

“Prince Masao told me he saw that human outside again!” said Sunrise her teeth bared and Shadow rolled her eyes and nuzzled the worried mare.

“At least let us go to the, what did they call it, holodeck suite?” there was a knock at their door, and for a moment Sunrise was ready to blast the door, her hackles raised.

“It’s me, Shadow Eyes, your teacher” said the muffled voice of the dark mage prince and Sunrise trotted over to the door and used the scanner to review it was in fact Masao so she unlocked the door and let the human in. “Ah good, both of you are here, listen, there was another attack on Canterlot, this time it was repelled faster, but I think we overstayed our welcome” said the immortal and Sunrise nodded Shadow Eyes on the other hand frowned, something wasn’t right here… “Don’t worry about your things, I’ll have one of the pegasi pick them up, we need to go, now” Shadow narrowed her eyes and suddenly blasted Masao…

Author's Note:

What what what!? Shadow Eyes attacked Masao!? What's going on!?

PreviousChapters Next