• Published 23rd May 2015
  • 941 Views, 35 Comments

The Lunar Knight's Willow Leaf - Moonlit Novel



You have heard the tale of Evening Star and Sharp Sword, but now we must hear of the tale of Willow Leaf, the most recent reincarnation of the soulmated mare who isn't quite what she seems.

  • ...
14
 35
 941

PreviousChapters Next
Post Common Era Chapter Seventeen/War of Stars Chapter Thirteen: Willow Leaf Gains Favor

Author's Notes:

Thanks to Deadinlight for beta-reading and helping me edit

Post Common Era Chapter Seventeen/War of Stars Chapter Thirteen: Willow Leaf Gains Favor

Masao walked in to the palace throne room staggering slightly, leaning on a crutch he made his way to Willow Leaf who just glanced at him before rushing to hug the Equestrian human, upon reaching him Masao fell to a knee and caught Willow Leaf who hugged the human crying. The battle, knowing that she could have died, knowing that Masao could have died shook her, far more than the deaths she had caused.

“She finally understands what you went through” said Cadence as she trotted up to the pair, Willow’s tears wetting and stinging some of his wounds but he held her close as Cadence tutted about casting healing spells as she glared as a couple of her own soldiers that glared at the human as they carried their own wounded to the hospital that was situated in the palace, it seemed that some of her forces didn’t like the fact that a human was loose in the palace…

- - -

“I think it is time for you to go, some of my soldiers have been talking about ridding us of a spy, and I think they meant you” said Cadence and Masao frowned at her, surely she had more control over her forces than this? “Don’t give me that, Masao, you should have known things were going to get like this when we started getting attacked by humans” said the princess as Masao shifted uncomfortably at her comment. They were waiting for Willow Leaf before they started to eat the meal set out for them by the chef.

“Can’t they tell that he is the same Masao that has been here since before Luna’s fall?” asked Willow Leaf as she walked into the dining hall, she had heard them talking, and it upset her.

“They don’t care, all they see is another human, and we were attacked by humans. They only see his existence as a threat” came Cadence’s answer which made a fire glow in Willow Leaf’s eyes as she snarled, she felt an anger that wasn’t entirely her own, but at the same time was all hers, they dare threaten her mate? The fire in her eyes dimmed a bit when Masao placed a hand on her head and looked at her with worry, she shook her head and smiled at him.

“I’m fine, love” said Willow Leaf but part of her worried about the amount of anger that pulsed through her at that moment. It wasn’t natural, or maybe they were right, and she was the re—she shook her body as she rid herself of that thought process, she was her own mare.

“If you are sure… Now if I could impose an idea, lets just eat, maybe things will look better on a full stomach” said Masao as he sat down in front of a platter of meat, the meat was going to go bad had it not been cooked that morning so he offered to take it off their hands. Upon taking a bite of food Masao suddenly turned green and rushed off, both Cadence and Willow Leaf looked after him worried but it was Willow Leaf who took it upon herself to find out what was wrong and took a bite of his food, the grain and vegetables were fine, so she steeled herself and her stomach as she leaned in to take a bite of the meat when the smell hit her, it was subtle, but just enough that she reared away in shock. With a harsh glare at Cadence she ran off in search of her mate.

“What is wrong with—?” she asked before she sniffed his food, just like Willow Leaf she found nothing wrong with the non-meat portions of the meal but as soon as she got to the meat she too reared back, but only because she recognized it, poison joke, not topically it isn’t dangerous at all, but taken internally it can cause some serious harm, something even the most incompetent chef would know and she intended to find out why her chef was trying to poison a visiting dignitary.

- - -

When Cadence got to the kitchens she saw Willow Leaf had already been there, the chef was being held against the wall by the mare’s fore hoof as she stood on her hind legs.

“WHY!? Why would you try to poison my mate?” asked Willow Leaf her voice going deathly calm, there was still a fire in her eyes, that much was evident by how the chef was acting, but the stallion couldn’t get his legs under him to kick out at the mare.

“WILLOW LEAF!” shouted Cadence as she walked in and with her magic separated the duo.

“Oh, hello Cadence, am I hurting your ponies?” asked Willow Leaf calmly, but anyone could see the raging inferno in her eyes. She was out for blood, and she was going to get it.

“Don’t you have a mate to check up on?” asked the pink alicorn as she took a step forwards, she continued to hold the two apart when her words clicked in the furious mare’s mind she frowned at Cadence.

“Fine, but don’t think this is over” with that the green mare walked out of the room and, with a slam, shut the door.

“I thank you princess that crazy—”

“You aren’t out of the woods yet, and if you want me to even think about protecting you, you are going to explain why poison joke ended up in Prince Masao’s food”

- - -

Masao was in the gardens throwing up, he knew that there were bathrooms, but his body refused to make it, he was lucky to make it into the garden before it rejected the food he ate violently. This was the scene that Willow Leaf walked in on, Masao bent over throwing up. Walking up to the human she sat down beside him and as he got ahold of himself the mare smiled weakly at him.

“Are you alright?” asked the mare and Masao sighed, he never had thrown up like that before but he smiled in return.

“I’ll be alright”

- - -

“I don’t care, we’re leaving, if your people want us gone, we are going to leave” said Masao standing in front of Cadence’s throne, as Cadence attempted to talk Masao into staying despite the attack on him.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t know that one of my—”

“I know you didn’t, we both know you didn’t” said Willow Leaf as she sat in front of the pink alicorn, gone was all of that rage that she had, she was calm and thinking clearly once again.

“G͏̢̛͡ŕ̀è̴̶̡e͏̸̨̕ţ̷͘͏ì̕ń̸̡́͝g̶͠s̸̨̢̀͠ ͜͏͘l͡͞į̷̷͟t͘t͏l̀͜e̢̛͏ ̀͢͜o̢̡͢͝n͏̸̀͜e͠҉̴͡͡,̨̕ ̡͡Į̷̴́ ͞҉̴a̴̧m͞͝͡͞ ̸̡͠͞K̡̡̛̛͢h̢̧͟͝ò̸̵̴̡r̀҉̡ņ҉̨̡e̵̸̛̕,̵̀͢͝ ͘͝t̢͢h̶̷e̶҉ ̸͘͏C̶̶̢͞h̨̡̀͠a̴̵̕͟o̷͞͏͠s̀͝ ̸͘͢G̢̧͘ơ̶͘͏d̶͏͡͡ ͏͘͢o̶̶̕͢f͏̀ ̢͏W̕͟͞a̴̴̕͢r͟҉̀,҉̴ ̵͟à̷̸n҉ḑ̸̶̢͟ ͏̨͠y̧͘͟o҉͘͡ú́͡͝ ̴̵̢͠w̢͏̸͡i̵̛̛҉ĺ͜͡l̷̕ ͟͜͜҉ń̵̡͞o͏͜͡͝͡w͡ ̶̸̛̀s̕͜͞e̶̢̡̡r̵͏̵v̷̶̛̛͢ę͡ ̧͏̕m̀͘͟ę̢̀”

Willow Leaf blinked as she heard something in her head, it wasn’t clear, but it was obviously someone asking something.

“H-hello?” she asked aloud gaining the attention of Masao and Cadence.

“Do͘n̸̡'̴t͝҉ ś̴ṕe̷͢àk ҉͝͏ó͘͏ut̸̀-l̨͘o͏u͟d,̴ ́͞͞I ҉c̕a̷̕͟n͟ ̷̕͜h́͘͢è͞a͢͏r̡͏ ̴y̸̛͝o̵u͝ ̧͠j̡̀͞us͠͏t̢͞ ͜͟f̡i͏̨͡ǹ̛҉e̕͢ ҉͡i̢f́͟ ̶y̨o̢͢͞u̸͝҉ ̶͡ţ͘ḩ͠i̴n͢͠k҉ ̸́y͠͏o̕u̵͞ŗ̴ ҉án̶͏s̨͡w͡eŗ́ş̴͞”

It was clearer, but that didn’t help, something told her that this was something to worry about.

“Masao… I’m hearing voices”

“What kind of voices?” asked Masao hesitantly and Willow Leaf shook her head unsure how to explain it, meanwhile Cadence looked at the duo in concern, as they completely ignored her when she asked what was wrong.

“K̵ho̶r̡n҉e ha͝s ͡t̕a͢ken ͘a̧n̢ ͏int͝eres͏t͠ i̢n͞ ́yo̷ur ͟love̛r, ̛inter͢est̛i̶n͠g, ͡it ̧s̛ee̶m͜s ̷t̀hat͘ sh̀e͢ ̛has ͏gain͝e̛d ̡the̴ ́fav̡óŗ ̶o̵f̛ ̸t͟h͏e ͡Bl̷ood̛ ͢G͜od”

“NOPE! ALL THE NOPE!” Masao suddenly said as he looked at Willow Leaf wide-eyed, this was not shaping out to be a very good day…

Author's Note:

Yes I am bringing in more of Warhammer 40K into this, I did not intend to, but the writing went there, and I let the story write itself

PreviousChapters Next