• Published 27th Apr 2015
  • 3,795 Views, 126 Comments

Equal Equestria Enlightenment - stupidhand14



The alternate story of if Starlight Glimmer was a bit smarter... and less of a fool in the end. This is the story of the possible future, starting from when everypony did not turn against her.

  • ...
13
 126
 3,795

Chapter 2: Integration

Shining Armor's Log, Day 382

Staying at Twily's castle feels right at home, though I may have been spending too much time in the Crystal Empire. It seems a bit plain, but I'm sure that she'll decorate soon. She's just been doing a bit too much lately. Spike has also been a great host. I haven’t gotten to truly speak to him for long periods in such a long time. This short vacation beats the paperwork I'll probably have to do when I get back.

However, I can't stop thinking of why I am here in Twily's home. Something is wrong. She has never been gone on her adventures for more than a few days, and suddenly she's gone for over two weeks. This suggests the worst, but I have to stay positive, for Spike's sake. I have decided to try and find the location that she went, with Spike's assistance. Sadly, he says he was sleeping prior to seeing their floating cutie marks, and doesn't know exactly where they were.

Nevertheless, I will find Twily. The only problem is my absence has been rather long and I am sure Princess Celestia is questioning as to where I am. I'll have to use Spike to inform her of my current conditions. Hopefully nothing evil has befallen Canterlot while under my guard... again.


Starlight Glimmer's Diary Day 384

Just as I predicted, the dominoes are beginning to fall. All it took was a little push. But I am getting ahead of myself again. I should start with Rarity's transition to our little community.

Rarity, while being a bit dramatic, made an easy transition into our community. She used to be a fashion designer before moving to our little community, and since that means she is used to working with the machines used to fabricate clothing, I allowed her cottage to have a sewing room. However, after giving her this wonderful area, she just looked around and sighed.

"What’s wrong?" I asked, concern feeling my voice. "Do you not like it?"

"Oh, no, it’s not that dear," she assured me. "It's just... I cannot find inspiration for any new dresses."

"Is that all?" I asked. She blinked at me with a confused expression, but nodded. "Then that's an easy fix! Just follow the pattern." I pointed to the sketch books. Inside were many different sketches of clothing that some ponies made for the other ponies. Rarity looked over the designs, and just couldn't stop judging it.

I should probably mention here that the Cutie Unmarking does not take away some trained talent. This is why we usually set ponies up with jobs that would require their old skills, though they do perform worse at their jobs. Our little village has never had a fashion designer before, so her trained talent, not natural talent, might be able to improve on some of the designs. Any improvements would help with the clothing. Even I could tell that the clothing was horrible to look and, and worse to wear. I even designed a few of the patterns, but I never took a fashion class at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. Some formal training might have helped in the designs, but I didn't think that I would be designing outfits for an entire village to wear.

Anyways, back to the contemporary events. Rarity took a few looks at the designs, studying them as I looked on hopefully that she would improve them. I was not disappointed.

"Do you mind if I edit these designs, just a smidgen?" she asked.

"I was hoping you'd say that." From that point until she was done, I could not get two words through to Rarity. She was completely focused on her work, and seemed to be struggling to come up with new designs. After about thirty minutes she looked up from the paper, and turned to me.

"I am so sorry for this dear, but can you please step outside?" she asked me. "I need quiet to work... now."

"Oh, yes... I suppose I could do that... I'll just be going now. If you need anything else, feel free to ask," I replied as I walked out. I could hear her muttering to herself already about new designs. As I walked out, I saw Sherbet Fluff and Rosemary Snow standing outside her front door.

"Be sure to keep watch over all the exits," I commanded them. "We were already betrayed once by a supposed friend. I do not want to see another one of these six turn out to be willing to lie to their friends who accept them with open hoofs."

"Of course," was their reply. I can never understand why ponies around here use those words so much. Maybe some kind of effect from the Cutie Unmarking? I'd have to study it more to find out.

Before I could make it to my next errand, however, I was stopped by Double Diamond and a few other ponies.

"Hello, friends. How may I help you?" I asked.

"We're here to discuss some things with you about the village," Forest Ember said. He was a big help to me in building the village, and now helps out with the farms.

"Oh, alright. Here, we can go inside," I said as I led them to my cottage. Once inside, I pulled up some cushions and placed them around a small table.

"So... what is this meeting about?" I asked.

"We were just thinking that, since you still have your cutie mark, you need a council of sorts," Fire Hammer said.

"Yes, ever since that discovery, many ponies have been doubting your honesty," Double Diamond told everypony.

"We think it is best for you to take our council into consideration when making your next decisions," Forest Ember finished. I sat stunned. My own friends, who I created harmony for, didn't trust me. I just sat there for what felt like hours before somepony coughed, which finally shocked me back to my senses.

"Yes. I do believe that would be a good idea," was all I could say on the matter. "Can you all please go now? I am feeling quite tired all of a sudden."

"Of course," they all said in unison before saying goodbye and leaving.

I went to bed with an uneasy mind. I still cannot see why or how a council was made of ponies I thought were my allies. But maybe this won't end as badly as I fear. They are still letting me remain Mayor, after all. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Author's Note:

Here is the next part of the story. Unfortunately, this will be the last part for a few weeks. I have a load of tests and projects coming up that I procrastinated on. Hope to see you all as soon as Finals are over. See you all then!

Once again, Criticism is always welcome.