• Published 15th May 2012
  • 4,486 Views, 40 Comments

Chaotic Harmony Episode 1: Arrival - MaroxXIII



Sonic the Hedgehog and his "friends" enter the world of Equestria, but danger lurks near...

  • ...
2
 40
 4,486

Chapter 4: Grace and Attitude




Chapter 4: Grace and attitude.




Just minutes before, Sonic zipped past every stable in Ponyville until he reached the Carousel Boutique. He opened the door to find that it was rather extravagant, with all the dresses and suits on display. He looked even further to see tailoring equipment. Whoever this “Rarity” was, he or she must be busy a lot. Whatever, that wasn’t his concern right now. He needed to find an emerald and fast, before everypony and their dog starts looking for him. He looked to his left to find a treasure chest with a jewel insignia on it. The energy that it was giving off was definitely chaos energy. He just needed to open the chest, grab the mystical gem, and finally be free of this place.

“Helloooooo! Welcome to the Carousel Boutique! And just what can I do for you--wahaHAHA!?!?”

The hedgehog was greeted (or rather, gasped at) by yet another pony. This one was different from the ones he just met, for he can tell that she was very fancy. She had a lovely well-kept white coat that housed a deep lavender mane which was dressed up in striking curls, as well as her tail which looked even curlier than her manestyle. This unicorn sported eyelashes and eye shadow in a striking shade of light blue, probably to match her shrunken eyes. Resting on her nose was a pair of red glasses that hung off her at a slight angle. But the biggest thing that he noticed (and was not too happy about), was the look of complete shock that she was giving him. Fearing that this pony would react the same way as the others, he huffed his breath preparing for the worst.

“Oh great. Another one...I mean, sorry to disturb you, but I’m in a bit of an emergency right now,” he said. That didn’t stop the white-coated mare from giving him a look of utter disapproval.

“Oh I can see that. First of all, you look absolutely filthy. Did you happen to roll around in a dirt pile before you came here? You didn’t even have the decency to wipe your shoes off before you just barged in unannounced.”

The high standards unicorn emitted a deep indigo glow from her horn, and with a gesture, she levitated a welcome mat towards the dirty guest. Sonic didn’t realize that he was riddled from head to toe with dirt, but he didn’t appreciate being talked to like he was some kind of animal. Still, he didn’t want to make a scene that could easily give away his location, so he reluctantly agreed as he wiped his shoes on the mat.

“Good,” the fashionista approved. “Now, let’s do something about...” She extended her right hoof gesturing at the hedgehog’s body, which was still quite filthy. “...the rest of that.”

In an instant, she hovered the mat right back out the entrance. She made a gesture with her horn, and this time she brought out a small tub of water with a brush and some shampoo. She placed all items at the hedgehog’s feet, much to his horror. He was hoping that she wasn’t going to do what he thought she was, and sadly he was right; this mare was going to give him a bath.

“Hey wait a minute, what are you going to do with that!?” he cautiously asked.

“What do you think, dear?” she answered. “You look like you could use a refreshing scrub. Now, do be a dear and get in the tub.”

“Yeah...no.” Sonic briskly responded. Too bad the determined unicorn wasn’t going to take no for an answer. Before he could make any sudden moves, he was nullified in mid-movement. Surrounded by the same indigo aura that covered the items, he was turned to face the small pool of water which looked ready to take him in. Wait...she wasn’t thinking of...

“Don’t. You. Dare.” Sonic barked, giving her a look that was a mixture of shock and anger.

The unicorn ignored his plea and proceeded to levitate him up in the air and over the tub. When he was released, Sonic fell straight into the small pool of very warm bubbly water. With a huge splash, the hedgehog was covered in a relaxing dip of scented scrub. As soon as he was in, he jumped out of the tub with a look of pain on his face. Seems that the temperature was too warm for his liking.

“YEEOUCH!” he yelled. “What are you trying to do, cook me!!?”

“Oh please, don’t be such a little filly. It’s not that warm.” she insisted. She immediately levitated him back into the tub.

Sonic realized the situation was useless trying to get out of, as every time he tried to jump out, the mare would just pull him back in the tub. After struggling for a few minutes, and remembering that he needed the Chaos Emerald that was stashed in the chest over there, the disgruntled speedster finally cooperated.

I did not come here for a bath,” he thought. “Urrgghh...now I’m more than ready to get out of this world. But it looks like I’ll have to bear it if I want to get the emerald. Fine...It’s not like things can get any more ridiculous.”

When the hedgehog finally settled down, the unicorn grabbed a brush and some shampoo from the table and started to work her way on Sonic’s head starting with his quills. While she was doing so, she started to hum a little tune...and then she started singing softly.


Oh, please tell me she isn’t...

Rarity: “Brush by brush, we start with the cleaning.

Stroke by stroke, clearing out all the dirt and grime,

Making these quills look nice and fine,

A shade of blue, oh so divine,

And keeping every spine nicely in line.

Lift your arm, if you don’t mind.

I’m prepping my fine guest!

Sonic: “Oh God she is!”

Rarity: “Now we start with the perfect shampoo.

Why don’t we start with a fragrance nice and bold?

Sonic: “Eww no way! It smells really old!

Rarity: “How about this, so nice and merry?

Sonic: “Do I look like a strawberry?

Rarity: “At least try to reason fairly.

Sonic: “Someone get me outta thiiiisss messss....

Sonic: “Oh great, now I’m singing it too!”

Rarity: “Don’t be jumpy.

It’s not as bad as you may think.

Sonic: “Then stop trying to dunk me!

I want out of this pickle-HEY THAT TICKLES!

Rarity: “Towel and comb, time to dry you.

Carefully, we want to make those spines shine like glass,

with sophistication, grace and class!

Make the effect nice and flash!"

Sonic: “After this is over, I’mma dash.

Rarity: “Opportunity has yet to pass!

I want you to look yourrrr bessstttt!!!

Rarity: “Stand up straight, nice and tall.

That won’t do, not at all.

Arms fixed down, parallel.

Your look will surely sell.

This is how you look your best!

Sonic: “Ack!? What did you just put on me!? *sniff* Blueberries!?”

Rarity: “No, dear, blueberry fragrance. To complement your theme.”

Sonic: “Yeah, like that makes it any better!”

Rarity: “Time to bring out your features.

With much polish, we’ll make those shoes stand out so nice.

Do you think this color would suffice?

Sonic: “I’d rather dunk my head in a spike pit.

Rarity: “How about some green, will you like it?

Sonic: “I’m done putting up with this.

Rarity: “You’ll look dashing I’ll confesssss!

Sonic: “Here’s a better idea; how about we quit before someone sees me!”

Rarity; “Stop now, darling? Not before I have you try on these wonderful outfits!”

Sonic: “Oh nooo...”

Rarity: “Suit by suit, wear by wear,

I have these great outfits already prepared!

Sonic: “Seriously, I’m not here for the dress up,

Nor the fruity scents or make-up!

I’m here to get a gem to go,

So please stop this crazy shhhooowww!!!!

Rarity: “Oh please, take it easy,

every design must stand tall.

So please don’t be too picky.

Sonic: “And what if I don’t want to?

Rarity: “I can still force you.

Rarity: “Now, first we have this piece inspired by the great unicorns of Canterlot’s history. What do you think?”

Sonic: “*Mmmbh, mmmr, mm, mmmth!* (Get it off me! I can’t breath!)”

Rarity: “Ooops. Here, try this; A suit lined with rubies and sapphires! They are the best you know, unlike gold or silver!”

Sonic: “I look like a clown. You got anything less, frilly?”

Rarity: “Less ‘frilly’ dear? What do you mean by that?”

Sonic: “You know, less poofy, more cool.”

Rarity: “Cool? Like this dress?”

Sonic: “No way! At least 20 percent cooler than that!”

Rarity: “Oh dear, not again...Wait! There is something that I was working on that might fit your description.”

Sonic: “Please tell me it isn’t going to be a dress...”

Rarity: “Now, could you just stand still for a second?”

Sonic: “For what!?”

Rarity: “For taking your measurements, of course! Now hold still and stretch your arms a bit.”

Rarity: “I have just the outfit for your pleasure,

This one is my best work in ever,

matching your body type with style,

It’ll sure to bring out a smile.

A nice overcoat in neon blue

with a thunderbolt running on through

from the hood up to the leg down,

The best in the whole town!

Sonic: “Hey this is...not too bad.

Dare I say, pretty rad.

Rarity: “Do you really approve?

Sonic: “You’ve got a nice groove.

Rarity: “And that’s how you look your best!

~*~*~*~*~*~


Sonic turned to the mirror to admire his new outfit. A coat, bright cobalt, with a streak of gold streaming down from the side. It was flashy, to say the least. Surprising was that, unlike most of the designs featured in her shop, this one looked specifically designed to be worn by someone of Sonic’s body type. As much as it puzzled him, he admired her handiwork. This was pretty cool, even if it was designed by a small white pony.

“Hey, this ain’t half bad, uh...Ms...”

The elegant equine beamed proudly at her customer’s approval. “Rarity, dear. No need to be too formal. And I’m glad you like the outfit darling, but...” she stopped mid sentence, with a look of deep questioning at the hedgehog. “...it’s...missing something. Something that’ll make the outfit just scream ‘Look at me, Equestria! Marvel at my supreme taste in style!’” She spent a few more seconds in thought before she jumped up in excitement.

IDDDEEEEAAA-A-A-A!!!” she proclaimed, with a grin that spread from ear to ear. “I have just the piece de resistance` that’ll bring out the ‘it’ factor in my design, or as my friend Rainbow Dash puts it: ’The awesomeness!’ Now then, where did I put those goggles?”

She trotted away from the azure speedfreak to look for her item, but her opportunistic attitude soon turned to annoyance, and then to worry. The goggles she needed to finish the outfit were nowhere to be seen, and the more Rarity searched every nook and cranny, the more she began to worry that she would turn up empty hoofed. She began to pace the floor, mumbling to herself as her expression gave way to her worst fears. All the blue hedgehog could do was just look at her dumbfounded. Scratching his ear, he spoke up to see if she was feeling alright.

“Hey, uh...are you okay?” He asked.

Rarity immediately stopped pacing to face Sonic. With her lavender eyes wet with tears, she could only emote an expression of shame, frustration and sorrow.

“No I am not okay! This is just awful, simply awful! No, no worse! A disaster of the highest order! Of all the worst possible things that could happen this is the. worst. Possible. THING!” she cried as she extended her white hoof to her head. “Dear Celestia, of all of the tragedy I endure, why now!? WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!?”

“Hey, take it easy! It’s just some stupid goggles, I can do without them. No need to raise some drama.” Sonic said, trying to comfort the dramatic unicorn. Poor guy, he’ll soon find out that besides fashion, drama is her specialty.

Rarity raised a questioning brow towards him. “NO no no no no no, this outfit NEEDS those goggles! Without them the entire outfit falls apart. I can’t let anypony see anything less than perfection! Why, that would make me...imperfect! Do you know what that means!? If I present this to anypony, they’ll laugh me out of Equestria! I’ll spend the remainder of my days withering away in some hole in The Everfree Forest! Forever ashamed! Never to show my pitiful face in Ponyville, or Manehatten, or Fillydelphia! It’s all over! All ov-v-v-e-e-e-rrr!!!” Her voice broke to the point where she’s sobbing in tears, eliciting bawws mixed with her usually well-versed speech. Sonic looked down to see her pouting on the floor, unable to do much of anything else. All he could do was scratch his head in confusion and annoyance.

Great...I just got bathed, played dress-up, and now I have a crying pony on my hands.” he thought. “Further reason for me to get going.

Looks like he had his chance. While the prissy unicorn was reduced to a puddle of tears, he could make off with the emerald and finally leave this place. Yep, it would be just too easy, but then he paused. Sure he hated being here, and the sooner he’d bail out of here the better, but even still, she was nice enough to make him an outfit, and she did express some admiration at his form. At the very least, she doesn’t deserve to be ditched in the middle of her problem, even though she was blowing it way outta proportion. After contemplating it for awhile, he decided that he should at least help her find it. He started to look around the room, nothing but frilly gem-encrusted dresses and pin-up designs. Finally, he turned to his left to see a large shelf filled with fabric of all colors and textures. At the very top was...well what do ya know? The goggles! Perhaps she couldn’t see them up there because of the obvious height difference, but that still doesn't explain why it was located up there in the first place. With a shrug, Sonic extended his right hand to grab the cool-looking eyewear, and got down to the floor to present the aloof item to the sobbing fashionista.

*sniff* “Leave me be! I don’t deserve to be acknowledged!” She cried. The blue hedgehog just merely rolled his eyes.

“Here you go. I believe you were looking for this?” He asked. Rarity ceased her sob fest to look at what he was offering. Sure enough, these were the goggles she was looking for. Her beautiful sapphire irises expanded quickly, as did her smile. She was too caught up in emotion to speak, as her response was a smoldering hug from the proper pony lady. Sonic, bewildered that while he’s glad that the water works were finally over, the last thing he wanted to be thanked with was a hug. Suddenly, the speedy blue escapee could feel his manliness slowly fading away...

Both parties were startled when the outsides of the entrance were bucked in. Twilight had just entered the area with Spike en mount, none too happy to see his crush draping her arms around some stranger.

“Hey, back up buddy! Lay a single finger on her, and it’ll be the last thing you touch!” Spike growled, emerald fire spewing from his nostrils with every word spoken. He’d probably charge at the hedgehog had Twilight not held him back.

“Uh...this isn’t what it looks like! Really!” Sonic piped up, His words only made Spike that much madder, and Twilight much more concerned for her friend’s well being.

Rarity looked up in the midst of all of the commotion, immediately withdrawing her hooves from around the hedgehog’s shoulders. Within seconds she stopped to regain her composure, clearing her throat and matting her hair to make sure no curl was thrown out of place.

“Twilight, Spike, just what on earth are you doing?” She asked.

The lavender unicorn said nothing, instead she ran in-between the two, separating them from each other. Twilight took a defensive stance with her horn pointed at Sonic, who looked even more confused than before.

“Stand back, Rarity! He’s not going to harm you any longer!”

“Um...Twilight dear, he didn’t hurt me in any way. Why, I was in the middle of thanking him. He was such a gentleman, helping me with this outfit I was preparing.”

“Wait, so if he wasn’t doing anything to you, then why were you screaming?”

“Because I was so distraught about not being able to finish my design...until he handed me the goggles I needed to complete my newest piece. Oh, he’s been nothing but a big help to me, I simply had to thank him...*ahem* though maybe I was a bit too...affectious.”

“Ohhhhh...” both Twilight and Spike acknowledged.

With the situation now cleared, both pursuers breathed a sigh of relief. Twilight then motioned to Sonic that they needed to go back out before anyone could catch them. The hedgehog was just about to exit the boutique, when he remembered the reason that he came here. He turned back to Rarity, estatic that her outfit could be completed now.

“Is there anything at all I can do for you, darling?” she asked.

“Yeah. I’m looking for a blue gemstone shaped like a diamond. Do you have it?” Sonic questioned.

She just stood there for a second before turning to the chest that contained all of her gems she mined herself. Opening the case with her magic, she pulled out a sapphire Chaos Emerald, the same one Sonic sensed. “Hmmm...blue gem? You mean this?”

“Yeah! That’s it! Look, I hate to ask, but I sorta...need that thing right now-”

Before he could finish, she levitated the radiant gemstone into his hands. “Here you go darling. I saw it on my way back from the caves where I dig up my jewels. Why, I’ve never seen something so beautiful, so radiant! I was going to use it in another dress I was going to make. But, if you need it that badly, then I suppose parting it won’t hurt. Especially since you’ve been just a delight to have around...unlike that other one. Ooh, he was so rude...”

Before Sonic got to ask who this “other one” was, he was escorted out of the entrance by his two pursuers. As he reluctantly started to walk away, Rarity waved the trio off wishing them a nice trot back.

“Buh-bye! If there’s anything else you need, don’t be afraid to come back dear!” she proclaimed.

Sonic was too busy admiring his catch to utter a reply. He finally found a Chaos Emerald, and he was going to waste no more time in using it. Too bad Twilight and her assistant were going to scold him to Tartarus and back. (Well just Twilight. Spike was too busy eyeing the Emerald like it was a fresh piece of candy.) Before the hedgehog could walk another step, he was trapped in very bright purple aura. The unicorn used her magic to fling him behind the Boutique, away from anypony that could’ve seen them. His blueberry-scented head met the back of the wall hard. Needless to say, he was getting annoyed of being tossed like a ragdoll.

“Hey, watch it!” he yelled. “Geez, what is with you unicorns!? Do you guys always throw ponies around or what!?”

“What is your problem!?” Twilight yelled. “Every pony in Ponyville is out looking for you, and you decide to run in the open where you could get easily caught! *sniff* And why do you smell like blueberries?”

“Why do you care?” he retorted, moving his emerald before Spike could bite the gem in one gulp. “Or, is it that if I’m busted, then they’ll find everyone else, and you’ll be trouble too, huh? Heh heh, looks like you’ve got a problem here.”

“Um, hello. I’m not the only one in this mess, remember!? If they find you, you’ll never escape. Bet that changes your tune, doesn’t it?” Twilight fired back.

“Hah, you wish! Like I’m supposed to be scared of some ponies that are trying to catch me. I’m the fastest thing alive! They’ll be eating dust before they can even see me. Besides, it’s not like I’m wasting another second here.” He stopped in the middle of his speech to show off the gem he had been holding this entire time.

“Oooohhh” Spike spoke, his eyes fixated on Sonic’s emerald. “You gonna eat that?”

“What? No! You can’t eat this! This is my ticket outta here.”

“Wait, you’re leaving? What about your friends? Are you going to leave them behind?”

“First of all,” he started. “they are not my friends. Second....yeah.”

“That’s so mean. How can you do this to them?” the unicorn asked.

“Like this.”

With that said, he backed a few feet away from the pony and her assistant with the Chaos Emerald extended in his hand, reaching for the sky.

“Goodbye. Tell Tails and Amy that I hope they enjoy their stay...NOT! Chaos...CONTROL!”

After Sonic said the incantation, the gem started to flicker in a bright blue light. Then an explosion of radiant cobalt glow bathed the area around it. But, as soon as the flash was made, it quickly disappeared into nothing, and Sonic was just standing there. His confident smirk soon turned into a look of dumbfoundedness.

“What the-” he paused. Shaking the jewel in his hand, he tried again to warp, but nothing. The same result over and over again happened. The Chaos Emerald would flash, and nothing else. This was a bad sign, it seems that the emerald’s power had no effect in this world, much to Sonic’s horror.

“No...NO WAY!” He yelled. “This...this can’t be happening! Why am I not gone yet???”

Twilight, looking just as confused as her assistant, chimed in. “Looks like that emerald ran out of power. I guess you’ll be here for a while longer.”

“Great. Juuuussstttt great.” the blue hedgehog groaned. “I’m stuck in this stupid world with all of these crazy ponies-no offense-, and the Chaos Emerald isn’t working! Things cannot get any worse-”

As if suddenly, a large kaboom echoed through the middle of Ponyville followed by the sounds of screaming and destruction. From the distance, a huge smoke cloud be seen east of where the trio was standing, but it was another sight that caught Sonic’s eye. A metallic shape was seen through the smoke, and with another motion it took, a huge, dull boom followed. This appearance couldn’t be coincidence, but when the figure emitted a haunting laughter, it only reaffirmed his fear.

“Oh no...” he bemoaned. “He’s here.”


-----------