• Published 15th May 2012
  • 4,486 Views, 40 Comments

Chaotic Harmony Episode 1: Arrival - MaroxXIII



Sonic the Hedgehog and his "friends" enter the world of Equestria, but danger lurks near...

  • ...
2
 40
 4,486

Chapter 5: Ruptured peace

Chapter 5: Raptured peace.





“Who’s here!? What are you talking about?” Twilight asked, but before she could get an answer, she noticed something that made her blood run cold with shock. The direction of the wreckage was coming from none other than her place...and Tails and Amy were still inside!

“Twilight! It’s coming from the library! Whatever’s attacking the town, it’s coming from there!” Spike yelled.

“Alright Spike, send a letter to the Princess requesting immediate help from the royal guard. I’ll go into town to make sure that everypony isn’t hurt. Sonic, you stay here with Spike. I don’t know what's causing all of this, but it looks dangerous. It’s best if you sit this one---Where did he go now!?”

Just before the unicorn could finish her orders, a blue blur leaving behind a trail of debris and dust could be seen from the direction of the mayhem. Sonic blasted off to confront this threat, for he knew who was behind all of this, but why was he here of all places? There was no time to think, as with each passing second, more and more destruction of the library could be seen. Sonic zig-zagged his way through several equine onlookers, most of which were frozen in fear looking at the mechanical monster that was terrorizing the town. He arrived in record time, looking up at a large, snake like contraption with laser lenses tearing through the streets. In the cockpit sat the figure of a bald head with high tech goggles sitting on top of his head. Further down, a wicked amber moustache could be seen concealing a devilish smirk the man so gleefully displayed in his quest to tear everything asunder. He was going to smash his way through the bookkeep if he wasn’t stopped in time, and Sonic did just that when he threw a rock at the cockpit window.

“What the-who did that!?” the man exclaimed. “How dare you! Do you know how long it took me to repair this windshield!? I’ll get you, you little-”

He turned around to spot his assailant when his gaze fixated on the lone hedgehog, sporting a cocky smirk as he stood there, wagging his finger in a teasing motion. The crazed pilot’s grin widened even larger, as he opened the windshield and ejected his floating mobile from the machine. Staring down at the blue menace, he promptly expressed his plan to do away with him and others around him.

[Event: It’s Eggman!]

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Sonic!” He exclaimed, with a hint of disgust in his tone.

Suddenly, the pink pony from before appeared out from the crowd giggling at the mere sight of the moustached man. Both he and the assailant was caught off guard at the sight of her, who appeared as if outta nowhere.

“Hey look everypony! It’s a giant talking egg! Hehehehe!!” Pinkie giggled.

“Silence!” He commanded. “I am Dr. Robotnik, the greatest scientific genius in the universe! You will address me as such!”

“Okie dokie lokie...*giggle* Eggman! HeheheHAHAHA! Eggman! Get it? Hahahah!!!” she continued. Others started to join in on the laughter, and even Sonic uttered a snicker out of it. The crowd was silenced immediately when Eggman shot a missile just barely missing Sonic in the ground.

“Anyone else would like to laugh? No? Good,” he said as he shot a petrifying glare at the audience. “Now then, where was I? Ah, yes. Sonic.” He then fixated his glare at the hedgehog, still reeling from barely missing a missile to the face. “It’s been awhile, hasn’t it? Though I was hoping never to see you again, less so here of all places.”

“I can say the same for you!” he retorted. “Just what do you think you’re doing here?”

“Putting my latest plan for world domination into action! Within this very library lies a tome that holds the key to a being so powerful, no creature magical or not could stop it! And I intend to use this beast in dominating, not the world, but the universe! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a book to check out.”

“Oh no you don’t!” Sonic exclaimed as he leapt through the crowd. With a blink of an eye, he rose 10 feet off of the ground. At the peak of his leap, he curled himself into a spiky ball of destruction buzzsawing his way in Eggman’s direction. But before he could land a clean hit, the machine rose to intercept his attack. With a swift flick from its spiny tail, the machine swatted Sonic away like a fly. He hit the dirt hard, sliding just a few feet from where he was struck. He rose up, and shook the dirt out of his ear, then he turned to face Eggman, now in the safety of his machine, who was locked on to the hedgehog’s position.

“Ah ah ah,” The mustachioed madman teased. “Don’t make any sudden moves, or my Egg Viper MK-III will crush you like the bug that you are. I’ve made some heavy modifications to it since our last encounter. It’s invincible, with no weaknesses whatsoever! Perfectly designed to squash pesky hedgehogs and their friends!”

Sonic brushed off the remaining debris from his head, now sporting a look of determination in his eye. He got back into position, ready to lay another strike on the mechanical menace.

“You just don’t learn do you, you nasty little pincushion?” he said with a sneer. “Well then, if I can’t convince you, then perhaps these brats will!”

Eggman pushed a button to reveal a glass container in one section of the Egg Viper’s tail. With a virrrr, the glass revealed itself to hold a scared Tails, Amy, and Cream inside, pounding away desperately trying to escape! Sonic clenched his teeth much to Eggman’s satisfaction, as he knew that as long as he had these hostages on his side, the daredevil hedgehog wouldn’t dare attack him.

“Ho ho ho! How do you like my display case, Sonic? It holds everything; trophies, rings, and scared hostages! HAHAHAHA!”

“Eggman!” Sonic yelled. “Let. Them. Go. NOW!”

“Ha! What’s the matter? Cold feet now that I have your friends in my possession?”

He paused, then with a smirk he responded. “They’re not my friends. Not anymore.” His expression then changed into one of dead seriousness. “But friends or not, I’m not going to let you get away with putting lives in danger! Bring it on, Eggman!”

-----------------------------------
BOSS: EGG VIPER MK-III /------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------

HP:[==========]

Sonic leapt into the air again, changing tactics. He was going to take on the joints of the Egg Viper, knowing that if he cut them, Eggman would be defenseless and everyone else would be safe. With breakneck speed and pinpoint accuracy, he sliced through the first joint, cutting off the tail from the machine. One down!

HP:[======== ]

Eggman: “Gaaahh! How did you-Grrr, I’ll make you pay for this!”

With a push of a button, two hidden compartments on the Viper opened up, revealing a row of rockets, locked on to Sonic’s position. Dodging one was tricky enough, but now there were a lot more heading his way.

Eggman: “Get a load of this!”

One after another, each rocket chased Sonic tailing his position. He sidestepped the first one, then ducked to avoid the second. Two were closing in on both his blind sides. He leaped just in time to cause the two rockets to crash into each other. But he wasn’t able to dodge the one homing in on landing. The missile exploded right into Sonic’s face. The impact caused him to fly far into the crowd of ponies who were keeping a safe distance, knocking them over. The sting was intense, but he still managed to stand, and he was able to move a few inches away from the explosion. But his left arm caught the most of it, as Sonic was holding on to it hoping to ease the pain.

Eggman: “Oh, ho ho ho! Looks like the fastest thing alive has gotten a little slow! Tell you what? Cease this and I might spare you your life!”

Sonic: “Stop now? Are you kidding!? I missed this! You don’t know how much fun I’m having!”

Quick as a flash, he weaved his way through the other remaining rockets. Leaping into the air and curling up in a spiky ball of doom, he blew into the next joint snapping it from its chain. The next segment came crashing down on the ground, nearly crushing a few equines in the process.

HP:[======= ]


Eggman: “Not bad, Sonic! But see if you can dodge THIS!”

Another compartment opened up, this time revealing the laser cannons concealed from view. With a quick gesture, the hot beams blared into Sonic’s location. He managed to dodge one by jumping, giving him enough time to do an acrobatic flip off of the ground avoiding another. The trailing beam cut through a nearby house in the area. The balcony snapped and soon two multi colored unicorns fell through. Sonic made a quick turn into the falling ponies’ direction, but he was immediately stopped when a laser cut right into his path.

Eggman: “Just where do you think you’re going, eh? Trying to save them? I’d be more worried about myself if I were you!”

Another wave of incoming rockets shot out of the Viper’s secret compartment. Sonic quickly disappeared in a flash, causing a few of the missiles to go off in other directions.

Eggman: “What the-pesky hedgehog! Where’d you go now!?”

As if on cue Sonic appeared on the nose of the Viper. Then he turned around, bent over, and spanked his butt at Robotnik while sticking out his tongue. This drove the mad doctor even madder.

Eggman: “Why you little! I’ll grind your bones into dust!”

The poor Doc didn’t see the fleet of missiles still tracking Sonic’ position. He quickly flipped off of the nose just in time for the remaining ones to crash into the cockpit. The resulting explosion and shockwave scrambled his controls, momentarily stunning the machine, giving Sonic enough time to take out another two segments.

HP:[== ]

Eggman: “This is the last straw, Sonic! I won’t be defeated! Now it’s time get serious!”

Thinking quickly, the doctor hatched a nasty tactic to distract the hedgehog. A little filly pegasus stood too close on the battleground, and he was in range for Eggman to shoot a missile at the hapless youngling. Sonic caught the mad doc’s gaze and immediately rushed in to intercept the incoming missile from tearing the filly a new one. He appeared right in front of the onlooker, and within seconds, he shoved the young pegasus out of the way just as the missile came crashing down on its target. The explosion seared Sonic’s back as he was sent flying into a side of another house, face colliding into wall. He landed with a thud, moving slowly off of the ground to rise again, but the pain was much too strong since he took it directly in his blind area. Robotnik saw this and laughed maniacally as his dirty handed trick worked. Sonic was at his mercy.

Eggman: “That’s right hedgehog, don’t move. I’ll end you right here and now!”

The last of the rockets he shot out blasted ever so fast into Sonic’s general direction. He started to move, but the pain kept him from advancing any more inches before the rockets enclosed on his location. The only thing he could do was to close his eyes and wait for the inevitable.

Twilight: “Don’t give up! C’mon, Sonic!”

Immediately, the missiles stopped in their pursuit. A shiny purple aura covered the rockets nullifying their momentum. Sonic looked up to see Twilight, very unhappy, standing between him and certain doom, horn aglow with the same violet aura surrounding the missiles. Then with a gesture, she turned them around, and shot them back at the machine. Eggman reacted quickly by cutting them with the lasers before they could get into range. Bewildered, Eggman popped the hatch again to chew out his intruder.

Eggman: “You, purple equine! Stay out the way, before I roast you too!”

Twilight: “No I won’t!”

Eggman: “A foolish choice, you stupid horse. Those who dare stand in my way will be destroyed. Now, be a good little horsy and back off!”

Twilight: “First of all, I’m not a horse, I’m a pony. A unicorn to be exact. A very powerful unicorn who has defeated more powerful enemies with the help of my friends. Second, you terrorized Ponyville, attempted to harm innocent bystanders, and caused widespread destruction on our peaceful town. But the biggest mistake you made was destroying MY library. Now, I’m going to show you why getting a unicorn angry is a very bad idea!”

Eggman: “Ha! How bold. That’s very brave talk coming from such a small hor-oops, pony!”

Twilight: “Who said I was alone?” *Gasp* “NOW, RAINBOW!”

The area stood silent for a second. Not one person or pony made a slight move. Eggman looked up to see what looked like a blur enshrouded in a velocity cone inching faster and faster towards the area. The speck began vibrating faster and faster as if it was a bullet or a homing rocket.

Suddenly, BANG! A huge circular rainbow appeared like a flash, jetting whatever was rocketing its way to the Viper with breakneck speed. Eggman feared it was an incoming nuke of some sort so he tried to use evasive action to avoid it, but much to his displeasure, he was locked in position. Twilight’s magic held him in place, and although she was struggling, she held him in enough time for the incoming projectile to dart its way through the remaining link, freeing the hostages and shattering the Viper MK-III in pieces.

HP:[ ]

Sonic: “Woah! What was that!?”

Twilight: “That was Rainbow Dash, and her Sonic Rainboom! Go Rainbow!”

As quickly as the blur came, it shot up into the sky, leaving a rainbow trail in its wake. Suddenly, the mare went into a spectacular dive zeroing in on its target. With a screeching whistle sound, the blitzing pony slammed into the remaining head of the Viper, blowing it to smithereens with an explosion. Eggman ejected himself before he was crushed, but the shockwave shot him into the sky past a few pegasi. When the dust cleared, standing over the wreckage was a sky blue Pegasus mare with a rainbow mane furiously shaking her head free of remaining debris.

RD: “That takes care of that! You okay, Twilight?”

Twilight: “Now that you’re here. Thanks alot.”

Immediately after she said that, Rainbow Dash fixed her attention to the floating man in the sky dazed out of his mind wondering just what had happened. The look on her face was so cold it froze Robotnik when he came to.

RD: “I’m gonna send whatever that thing is flying outta here! I’ll show it what happens when it tries to mess with Ponyville and my friends!”

But before Dash could make due on her promise, Twilight held her tail by her magic before she could fly off.

Twilight: “Woah! Hold on, Rainbow Dash! Don’t worry, Celestia’s Guards are here! Look!”

Twilight pointed her purple hoof towards the sky where the doctor was sitting in his Egg Mobile, when a squadron of pegasi in royal armor surrounded Eggman on all sides. Eggman knew he was beaten, so he held up his hands in surrender.

Sonic: “Eggman’s finished!”

-------------------
Boss CLEAR!/

RANK: C /
--------------

Sonic: “Huh? No problem.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------