• Published 15th May 2012
  • 4,487 Views, 40 Comments

Chaotic Harmony Episode 1: Arrival - MaroxXIII



Sonic the Hedgehog and his "friends" enter the world of Equestria, but danger lurks near...

  • ...
2
 40
 4,487

Chapter 6: No calm after the storm

Chapter 6: No calm after the storm.




Both Twilight and Rainbow Dash looked in confusion. “Uhhh...what was that?” The Pegasus asked.

“Y’know, ” Sonic answered. “I never figured it out myself.”

“That was a grade on your performance, silly!” Pinkie Pie butted in, again appearing out of nowhere with minimal explanation how she got next to them or where she’s been this whole time. “It’s a rank telling you if you did a good job or if you blew it. You got a C, which means that you were okayyyyyy, but you really need to step it up a bit more. Just saying.”

“Wait a minute!” Sonic exclaimed. “How do you know all of this!?”

The motormouth pony stopped to think, tapping her hoof on her chin while doing so. Finally she shrugged. “I dunno. I just notice these things. Weird huh?” And with a nod, she sprang up and trotted out of the area.

“Ummm...” Sonic turned to the other mares pointing at Pinkie’s direction. “Is she always like that?”

“Yep, that’s Pinkie alright.” Twilight said in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone. “Some things just can’t be explained with that pony. It’s better to say that that’s Pinkie...being Pinkie.”

“Ah.” Sonic nodded. “Gotcha.”

“Anyway,” Twilight said, bringing their attention to the surrounded Eggman. “Looks like that crazy person is now under the hoof of the Royal Guards.”

Ms. Sparkle spoke too soon, because Eggman, slick as he is, deployed a flash of highly-blinding light obscuring the guards’ eyesight. Without any good eyesight, most of the pegasi were stunned and started to fall below. Within minutes, the sky was filled with raining guards, as the mad doctor uttered another laugh standing tall in his mobile.

“You fools actually thought you could capture me? How cute!” He boasted. “You may have halted my progress in obtaining the tome, but mark my words, my little ponies. Before this is over, this land will be at my mercy. But for now, I bid farewell. My ride is here.”

[Event: The Egg Skylord rises]

Eggman threw up his hand, when all of a sudden, winds started to sweep the remains of the battlefield, follow closely by a flock of birds flying by. Suddenly, the sky grew dark, as a humongous steel cloud appeared behind Eggman. It was so massive it blocked out the sun, shading each four (and two) legged patron in the area. It looked like a crimson bird, with a wingspan that simply dwarfed everything in its shade. The huge ship suddenly stopped just over the doctor. Then, a hole opened above him, shooting down a green light that tracked the doctor and his mobile in.

“Feast your eyes on my ultimate flying fortress, ponies!” He exclaimed. “This is the symbol of the great Robotnik empire yet to come! You are all powerless to stop this magnificent aircraft! I give you; the Egg Skylord!”

With a chilling laugh, he entered the humongous airship as it slowly departed its way into the direction of the Everfree Forest. When the sun shone again on the citizens on Ponyville, they all looked a bit worried, but thankful all the same now that the madness was over.

“What are you guys waiting for!?” Rainbow Dash barked. “I’m not going to stay here while that freak flies away! I say we get him!”

“Don’t try it.” Sonic said, finally regaining his strength again after spending all of his time kneeling. “He’s too powerful. You might as well be flying in with a target on your head.”

“Puh-leaze! Did you see me!? I turned his stupid toy into scrap! There’s no way he can handle me!” Rainbow exclaimed.

“Sonic’s right, Dash.” Twilight answered. “He’s in the Everfree Forest now. It’ll take forever to find him. Besides, let’s see if the others are fine first.”

The purple unicorn trotted off to aid Tails, Amy, and Cream, relieved that they were free as well. Sonic stood behind so he could talk with Dash some more. Soon, the other three joined the hedgehog and the pony, all looking fine without a single scratch.

“Woah! Thanks for your help!” Tails exclaimed. “Man you were pretty cool *ahem* unlike someone else here.”

“I heard that, Mr. Ungrateful.” Sonic retorted. “Yeah, not like I didn’t even try to save your sorry butts while my quills were getting blown off, but you’re welcome.”

“Tails,” Amy, arms folded with her nose turned upwards, away from him. “Tell Sonic, ‘Thanks for the ’rescue,’ but this doesn’t change anything between us.’”

*sigh* “Sonic, Amy said...”

“I. Get. It. Thank you. ” he growled. “Fine by me anyway. We’re still not talking to each other. Got it?”

“Fine!” the fox boy huffed.

“Tails, tell Sonic I said, ‘Whatever.’” Amy agreed.

“Woah, what’s with the cold looks? Did something happen between you guys?” Rainbow piped up.

Sonic looked at her, then he turned his head to his former bro Tails and his ex-friend Amy. Hard to believe that after so long, after everything that they all have been through, their bond was broken by a silly fight. Even Cream (who was too fixated on every pony that was there) didn’t even acknowledge his presence. Seeing Rainbow Dash and Twilight work together softened his heart a bit, but he was not without malice towards all of his “friends.” Still, deep down, he felt a bit sorry for what happened and hoped that everyone would come around again.

Sonic and the others were so deep into conversation that they didn’t notice six Royal Guards circling them until one of them (one of the guards that visited Twilight hours before) told everyone and everypony to freeze. Everyone was caught up in the excitement of everything that they seemed to have forgotten that Sonic and the others were wanted. Thankfully, Spike came running towards everyone with a peculiar parchment in his clawed dragon hand. He extended it to the guard calling for an arrest. The seal on it was the official one used by the princess herself, and he was careful to read over every detail.

“To the Royal Guard, I hereby call off the capture of the blue hedgehog and his friends. Instead escort them to Sugarcube Corner where I will meet with them myself. Your humble ruler, Princess Celestia!”

Following orders, the stallions clad in gold armor escorted the crew into the local bakery, Sugarcube Corner. As they were walking, their minds were racing as fast as their hearts. What did the princess want with them? Will she be nice? What will she do to them because of all of this? With each step the group took, they began to see just how much collateral damage Dr. Robotnik’s attack on the town made. This was not settling well for everyone in the party.

Finally, they arrived at the entrance. Everyone but the ponies just stopped to take in how....sugary it looked, to say the least. There was a gingerbread roof with a section on top that looked like a giant cupcake with birthday candles sticking out of them. Tails and Cream didn’t know whether to enter the place, or to eat it. If the situation wasn’t so serious, this unusual sight would’ve been amusing. But, as the guards herded them through its doors, the group was reminded that this was no laughing matter. When they entered the bakery, each heart stopped. Nobody decided to move an inch, and the fact that it was dark just made it even more nerve-wracking. What if they were going to be ambushed, or worse? Everyone started to frantically look around, preparing themselves for any unseen attacks that could be coming their way.

“SURPRISE!”

The gang shrieked as a large group of ponies chimed in to surprise the unsuspecting visitors. There were balloons and pastries of all kinds behind them, as well as a punch bowl. This wasn’t what they were expecting at all. Why would there be a party now of all times? The ringleader behind it all was the one and only Pinkie, giggling all the way on the floor.

“Wow, you should see the looks on your faces! You were all like *GAASSPPP!* And your eyes were like so huge! Hehe, anyway, enjoy the party. We have cake, punch, cupcakes, more cake, balloons and other sweets!”

Everyone just looked in awe and confusion before Sonic spoke up. “Wait, why are you throwing us a party? We barely even got here!”

“It’s a welcoming party! No, a thanks-for-saving-the-town party!” she exclaimed. “Oooh, I know, it’s a ‘Welcome-and-thanks-for-saving-the-town’ party! In fact, this is the first time I’ve ever threw one for this! It was just going to be a regular welcoming one after I met you. But, when you and Rainbow Dash beat that mean Eggy guy, I just had to make this one super-special. So, I got a lot of Ponyville citizens, and made this super-special-party just for you guys!”

“But, why?” Sonic questioned. “I mean, don’t get me wrong; I like a good celebration, but I hardly know you.”

“Because,” Pinkie answered. “I like to throw parties, especially for somepony new! I told you; I’m Equestria’s numero-uno party mare. Well, gotta go! Running low on cupcakes! Enjoy the party!”

Pinkie trotted off attending to the cupcakes while Twilight, Dash, and Spike settled into the celebration. Seeing the festivities made Sonic remember something. This would be best for Cream, since she did have her birthday crashed by him. He turned to the little rabbit who was chewing on a pink frosting cupcake, grinning from ear to ear. At least she was enjoying herself. If there was someone he needed to make amends with, it would be her.

“Cream,” he started. “I’m sorry for what happened at your birthday party. I guess I was really bugging out too much that I forgot that it was supposed to be your special day. Can you forgive me?”

The young rabbit stopped what she was doing before she nodded her head in agreeance. “It’s alright, Mr. Sonic. I forgive you. Thank you for coming to our rescue. Cheese is thankful as well. ”

“Hey, no problem.” Sonic answered, glad to see her smiling face again. Now if he could just get his other friends to forgive him so easily.

“Here she comes! Here comes the princess!”

Everypony stopped what they were doing and turned to see a ball of radiant light make its way through the windows of the bakery. The luminescent light flashed revealing a figure of great importance rise from the shine. Her coat was white with a mane as mesmerizing as the sun itself. She had wings of a pegasus, and a horn longer than a unicorn’s. Adorned on her head was a crown made of gold, giving her an appearance of divinity. Everypony bowed down to the royal figure. Even Tails, Amy and Cream came to a stop and bowed their heads in respect.

“Greetings, my loyal subjects. And greetings to you, the one whose bravery helped save many lives. I am Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria. And on behalf of Ponyville, we thank you.”

Immediately, each pony in attendance gave a rousing cheer, congratulating the heroes Sonic and Rainbow Dash. As the crowd stamped their hooves in applause, Twilight approached the princess who gave a slight muzzle to greet her star pupil.

“My faithful student. I must also congratulate you and Rainbow Dash on your bravery. Without your help, your friend here might’ve been in trouble.”

“Thank you, Princess! But, I would like to say a report that I have dedicated to my new friends.”

“I would be honored to hear it.” she said.

“Today I learned that when it comes to friendship, looks can often be deceiving. Sometimes the person you may think is rough around the edges, he or she can show a side of themselves that you never knew that they had. When I first saw Sonic, I didn’t think he had a good heart, but the more I got to know him, the more I found out that he’s very caring. It’s easy to judge someone or something based on the outside, but it’s what’s on the inside that matters.”

“Very good Twilight. Day by day, I see your studies of friendship grow more and more diligent with each lesson. Well done.”

“Thank you very much, Princess!” she exclaimed.

“Twilight, why don’t you go get some cake for us? I would like to speak with Mr. Sonic and his friends alone.”

The unicorn gladly got up and walked away from the group as her princess ordered. Sonic watched her trot off before he spoke up to Celestia.

“So Princess, that’s one nice student you have there. She really helped me out back there, and if it weren’t for her and her friend, I would’ve been toast.”

But the royal figure ignored him, as she was waiting for her pupil to be out of earshot before she could speak. When she was certain that Twilight was out of range, she turned to the group displaying a look of seriousness that changed the mood for everyone that saw her. She leaned in closer so that Sonic and the others could hear her message, one that chilled their hearts just by her voice alone.

“You shouldn’t be here.” she harshly spoke. “You all were never supposed to enter our world. Your presence means that destruction will soon follow, and as ruler, I cannot let this happen to my ponies and my land. Now that there is a danger that threatens the piece of Ponyville, I can't just allow you to leave until he has been defeated. I must allow you to stay until my subjects and the land that they live in is safe. But know this: I am keeping you all on a very short leash.”

The sudden air of hostility changed the hedgehog’s mood. Only he had the nerve to answer back as the others watched in slight uneasiness. “What’s with the cold reception all of a sudden?” he asked.

The Princess glared at Sonic even harder, as if she wanted to break him with her gaze. “Watch your tongue. You should know better when addressing me.”

A smirk broke through the speedster’s face. She wasn’t going to intimidate him. He has stood up to more monstrous threats. This “princess” isn’t moving him in the slightest.

“Sorry ‘Your Highness.’ I guess I don’t answer too well to authority.” he sneered. “Especially ones that don’t know how to say “thanks for saving the town.””

Tails extended his hand on Sonic’s shoulder to warn him not to provoke her majesty further. From the way she was confronting the group, she really didn’t like their presence around her.

“Sonic....chill out.” he insisted. The hedgehog shrugged it off without any attention given to the worried fox.

“It would do you well to listen to him,” Celestia spoke. “You have no idea what you’re getting into. If my guards had caught you, you’d be banished back to the unruly world from where you came. But now that the madman is loose in the Everfree Forest, and the Chaos Emeralds are here as well, this situation is out of my hooves.”

“Wait a minute!” Tails exclaimed. “How do you know about the Chaos Emeralds!?”

The regal figure bit her lower lip in shock. She spoke too much, and it was in earshot of Sonic and the others. She withdrew from them, facing away to the exit of the bakery, all while muttering to herself on how careless she had been. Sonic wasn’t going to let this princess leave without answering a few questions. He circled around Celestia quick as a flash. Before the ruler could react, now she was standing face to face with the azure speedster.

“Looks like someone has some explaining to do,” the hedgehog sneered. “How do know about the emeralds? How do you know about us? What else are you hiding?”

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” she denied. “Let me make one thing clear: I don’t trust you or your friends. Once that madman has been defeated, I don’t want to see you or them in my land ever again. Also, this conversation only happened between us. Not a single word to Twilight or her friends. Do I make myself clear?”

The gang said nothing, as they were completely shocked at the sudden sharp behaviour turn the Princess expressed, so they replied with a nod. Now that they understood each other, Celestia bid her subjects farewell before returning back to Canterlot in a brilliant flash of light. Twilight soon trotted back with slices of cake in tow to find her teacher gone, much to her disappointment.

“Oh, did she leave already? Oh well, I guess she’s very busy,” she said. “So Sonic, what did you think of her? Isn’t she the most magnificent pony ever?”

“She’s...something.” he answered.

“Don’t worry, she may come off all regal, but she’s really nice. I’m sure she’ll come around to you all eventually.”

“You and I both.”

“So, still thinking about leaving?”

The question rung out in the speedster’s mind like a bell. How could he now? The Chaos Emeralds were here and he needed to get them before they fell into the wrong hands (or hooves), Eggman somehow made it here, and that was never good news. And to make matters even more complicated, the Princess’ hostility means that she’s keeping something from them. What else did she know about them and the Chaos Emeralds? The more he thought about it, the more he was getting intrigued in this situation he and the others were in. Perhaps this world of colorful ponies wasn’t going to be so bad after all.

“Heh, I think I might stay awhile, Twilight.” he said. “Something tells me the fun is only just beginning!”

Next Episode: Race.

Special Thanks:
Hasbro, Studio B, SEGA and Sonic Team for coming up with two awesome series that I was crazy enough to try and mash together.

The super-chill bronies at the Gamefaq’s My Little Pony thread. Thanks for putting up with my obnoxiousness.

One of the members (he chose to be anonymous), who helped me edit this into something a little more readable.

All other MLP crossover authors, giving me the inspiration to actually do this.

My old-as-buck computer, when it wasn’t going all derp on me. :P

Twilight Snarkle, author of Order from Chaos. Proving that Sonic and MLP can actually work together.

And of course: YOU! Thanks for giving this fic a chance!

Comments ( 12 )

600585

How so? (really. I want to hear feedback.)

As for Shadow's appearance...I won't tell. You'll just have to find out yourself. :raritywink:

Hmm... Celestia's reaction seems a bit coarse for her, but until we know more I can't say it's out of character. Same for the mobians. I am confused at how Eggman is supposedly dead in STH universe but alive in equestria, and with yet another snazzy battleship.

Let's see... not sure what to expect at this point. Exactly which game did you decide to go with?

Nope, couldn't do it. I've been trying to read everyone's voice in my head as they are in the show, but I just can't imagine a stern Celestia.
I think I need to go back and watch all of the episodes again.

Honestly after reading the storyline so far, I never thought Sonic to be this much of rude Jerk, even to the likes of Princess Celestia. :fluttershysad:

I mean....honestly I'm a bit shock with how Sonic is acting so far in this tale and hopes for some sign of redemption within his own attitude. :pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2:

Please do keep up this enjoyable tale so far as I can't wait to read more from it. :rainbowdetermined2:

:facehoof: sonic wow just wow

Hey! This has the same name a me! I'm gonna favorite it.

1876079 you just made me want to read this story... hopefully its as good as you made it sound :derpytongue2:

okay i have gotten this far, its pretty good, could see sonic getting like that when he has nothing to do, keep up the good work, please hurry with the next chapters/ episode cant wait to read on:pinkiehappy:

Good crossover story your doing well :)

760842

Try Return of Harmony or Lesson Zero.

A fun, if somewhat flawed, little story. It's a shame that it hasn't been updated or worked upon since 2012 as I would loved to see some of the kinks worked out. Maybe do more with Celestia, add some depth to Sonic and Amy, and just change the additions of the game elements.

here is the live read.

Cant wait for more.

Login or register to comment