• Published 15th May 2012
  • 4,486 Views, 40 Comments

Chaotic Harmony Episode 1: Arrival - MaroxXIII



Sonic the Hedgehog and his "friends" enter the world of Equestria, but danger lurks near...

  • ...
2
 40
 4,486

Chapter 2: The storm begins.

Chapter 2: The storm begins.


Evening set in, and everybody had left the party. The mess from the fight was properly cleaned and everything was back to normal. Vanilla paid one more visit to her daughter’s bedroom before retreating to her sleeping quarters. After what took place earlier today, the young rabbit could barely speak a word, much less show her usually beaming face around everyone. She had retreated quietly in the comfort of her bedsheets reading stories from her book. Cheese tried to comfort his master to little avail, but nevertheless she smiled for his effort. After a quick tap on her door, the mother quietly entered her daughter’s keep.

“Cream honey. Are you alright?” She asked. Cream slowly nodded her head yes, but it was quite clear that the little girl was lying.

“I’m sorry for what happened today. I know you wanted everything to be perfect, as did I. Sometimes, things don’t turn out the way we want them to, but we shouldn’t let that bring us down.” She then sat alongside the edge of her daughter’s bed, stroking her hair trying to cheer her up. “By the way, Mr. Knuckles left something for you.”

She reached out her hand and grabbed a lustrous, luminescent jewel from her pocket. The gemstone glowed brightly from the palm of the mother’s hand, bathing the bedroom in brilliant green light. This was no ordinary jewel, that’s for sure. This was a Chaos Emerald, a beautiful, yet powerful diamond-like gemstone filled with unlimited, untamed energy. It had the power to control both time and space with a technique called “Chaos Control,” warp reality, and turn wishes into power. There were seven of these magnificent minerals in the world, and when one collected all seven, a miracle would happen to him or her lucky enough to have them. Being the source of power that they were, these were the objects of desire Dr. Eggman sought after, and our heroes made it their mission to keep them away from the maniacal scientist at all costs.

“I don’t want it,” Cream softly spoke. Sadly, her mother placed the gem on her dresser.

“Do you want me to read the rest of the story?” Vanilla asked. She shook her head no.

The mother decided it best to leave her daughter to herself, so after a kiss goodnight to both her and Cheese, she made her way to the door. Before leaving, Cream asked her mother one last question before she left.

“Mommy; what’s the use of having friends, if everyone fights all of the time?”

At first, Vanilla said nothing. She never expected this type of question from someone her age. The mother rabbit thought on this, hoping to answer her with words that she needed to hear. After thinking about it for a second, she replied with much optimism:

“Friendship is a wonderful, magical thing. Don’t give up on it; someday you’ll find someone who will bring some magic into your life. I promise...” With those parting words, Vanilla wished her darling goodnight and shut the door.

Cream waited until her mother was asleep when she turned the lights back on to read the rest of the storybook. Page by page, she read through a different pony’s story in their daily lives in Ponyville. Each mare had a different tale, but it usually ended the same way: through the ponies’ friendship, they were able to overcome mountainous obstacles. Even when their differences put them at odds with each other, their conflict was resolved by the end of the story. The more Cream read, the more she immersed herself into the world of Equestria. It was unlike anything she’d seen. This was a world where everybody lived so peacefully with one another, and everything and everybody were nice and bright. There was little to no fighting, no sadness, no hate. It’s the world she always dreamed of, but sadly, that was where it ended. It was a dream, and nothing more. She had to live in this world, where friends fight and ruin birthday parties. Why couldn’t life be more like the ones in the book? Why couldn’t her friends be more like the characters in the story? if only she could stay there, even if it were just for a day, she would cherish it for the rest of her life. If only...if only...

“Cheese, why can’t things be like the stories in the book?” she questioned her pet. “I don’t like it when people fight and hurt each others feelings. I wish me, you, mommy, Mr. Sonic and everyone else could live in the story, that way there would be no more fighting, and everybody would be happy. So...very...happy.”

As Cream and her chao dozed off to dream, the Chaos Emerald on the dresser began to glow ever so brightly. In a chain reaction, the other six did the same. Five were being held by Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Cream, while the rest were in unknown locations. The stone began to glow even brighter, while outside, a huge cluster of stormclouds gathered around Central City. All of a sudden, each of the emeralds began to spark, as if electricity had shot through the gemstones. They began to float and shake violently as the looming stormclouds gathered up in a swirl. The air outside was still, until whiplashing winds jet through the downtown area, violently shaking trees in the process. By that time, everyone had already ran for shelter, in fear that there might be an oncoming tornado in the area. Sonic, who was resting on a tree, was violently shaken from the branch he was resting on. After picking his face off the dirt, he looked to see the incoming storm approaching. Before he could run to the hills to get a better look, the Chaos Emerald, one colored sapphire to match him, began to shake violently. He knew what was happening, and it wasn’t good.

“I knew this wasn’t an ordinary storm,” he thought. “Somebody’s using Chaos Control, and a powerful one, too. If things don’t stop, we could be in some major trouble.”

Before Sonic could act, the Chaos Emerald stopped moving, and the wind became still again. As quickly as it had came, the storm was over just as fast.

“Whew! That’s a relief. Guess everything’s back to n--”

Sonic stopped in mid sentence when the Chaos Emerald started to levitate in the air, shining brightly like a star. Squinting to prevent being blinded, he spotted six other brightly colored lights in the area. “Those must be the other emeralds,” he thought. “But, if Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and I had of four of them, where did the other three come from? Did somebody else have the rest of the emeralds?” No time for questions. He had to do something before he was warped someplace else!

The powerful gemstones then let out an explosion of raw chaotic energy that engulfed the area and Sonic in it. He was being Chaos Controlled for sure. Where would he end up? What was on the other side? The blue hedgehog struggled to hang on to a branch as everything else was being sucked in. Each second he was losing his grip, but he was determined to not get taken by the light. The branch weakened as he tried to hold on even longer, and with a final *snap*, Sonic and the debris were sent flying in the endless white void.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!”

------