• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 739 Views, 5 Comments

Pinkie's Suprise - Short Stories 2



Does Pinkie have a cousin she hasn't told anypony about?

  • ...
0
 5
 739

Just Visiting

It was nighttime when Pinkie finally came back. Surprise was sleeping by the front door, waiting patiently. Pinkie was scared to wake her, and too explain that everypony had run away to go to Cheese Sandwich's party. She wrinkled her nose. She didn't like that Cheese Sandwich. Not one bit.

She saw Surprise shiver, so, she took her inside and managed to get the pegasus on the couch. Then, she went over and began to close the door, not noticing five familiar faces.

"Pinkamena?" Her dad said.

Pinkie gasped, surprised, and happy and excited, all in one mix. "Dad? Mom?!" She lowered her voice and joined her family outside in the cold night, gently closing the door behind her. "What are you doing here?" she asked. "Oh, not that it's a bad thing, I'm just curious, because, before, you kind of ditched me, so, I invited Surprise." She quickly added, pointing towards her house. "She's sleeping on the couch now."

"We came because we would like to apologize." Maud said. "We didn't give your party a chance, so, we figured, we should apologize for it."

"Plus, we thought you could throw us a party at the rock farm." Limestone added. "To make up for what we-" Marble Pie elbowed her. "I mean, because we just found a new kind of rock."

"Oh, I don't know." Pinkie said. "Surprise is right in the house, I-I just don't want to leave her here...Besides, why can't we just have it here?"

"You only have one guest bedroom, correct?" Cloudy asked.

"Yeah. Oh... I see the problem..." Pinkie responded.

"Just write her a note." Her dad suggested. "Say you'll be back tomorrow around noon. She'll understand."

"Well..." Pinkie hesitated. One one hoof, she wanted to go with her family and have a great time with them. She looked back towards her house. On the other...

"I guess..." She replied at last. "Just give me a minute."

Dashing inside, she grabbed her favorite pink pen and some loose paper and started to write a note. At one point, Surprise stirred, so she slowed down her writing, making sure it wasn't loud. After that, she grabbed some balloons and headed out the door to join her family.

As Pinkie raced out of the door, the winds she caused made the door slam shut. She winced, hoping that didn't wake up her cousin, then she turned to her family. "Okie dokie lokie, I'm all set!" She cheered, prancing ahead of them while they simply walked.

Before she got to far out of earshot, she heard her mom say "Surprise isn't even part of this family."


Surprise woke up to the sound of the door slam and Pinkie's enthusiastic voice shout "Okie dokie lokie! I'm all set!" Fully awake, she flew over to the window to see what was happening. She saw Pinkie, with a handful of purple and white balloons...her purple and white balloons! Leaving the house!

There was five other figures behind her, all dull in color, and simply walking behind her. She remembered those ponies perfectly. They were Pinkie's family. The ones that always groaned whenever Surprise was around the rock farm, silently complaining that the white Pegasus would crush the wrong rock or something. She didn't like that family at all.

Surprise went over and turned on the lights, making everything glow in a warm hue. She then noticed the light bounce off of something shiny. Curious, she went over to see what it was.

It was a recipete for a large white and yellow cake. Surprised looked around, and was glad to see it was still there. She looked back at the recipete for some sort of clue. She had a feeling it wasn't just there because it was. She turned it over, and discovered a note.

Hi, Surprise!
I'm glad you found this note! Well, it was probably easy for you to find it, but, anyways, my family and I are going down to the rock farm to have a party! I never knew they liked parties! They never told me!! Guess what were having the party for? Well, it turns out that they've discovered some new type of rock! There calling it a Pinkie rock. Isn't that sweet? There naming a rock after me! Maybe I'll get them to name a rock after you, so your not left out.
So, I'll be gone for a while. Not a long while, just a while. I'll be back around noon tomorrow, and that's a Pinkie Promise! See you then!
Lots of love for an awesome Cuz!
Love, Pinkie

"Oh." Surprise said, a bit shocked. She knew perfectly well that her family hadn't discovered a new type of rock at all. Even if they did, that's no big news! She sighed. Pinkie will be here tomorrow. She Pinkie Promised. She's never break one of her own promises.

Comments ( 2 )

Great story!!

No tags? Not even Slice-of-Laif?

Login or register to comment