• Published 29th Jun 2015
  • 740 Views, 5 Comments

Pinkie's Suprise - Short Stories 2



Does Pinkie have a cousin she hasn't told anypony about?

  • ...
0
 5
 740

Family Reunion!!

Pinkie Pie bounded throughout her dainty little home as she finished putting up the streamers for her latest party. Well, not exactly a party, more like a family reunion. For this party was for her family and her family only. It kind of hurt her to not let her friends see her family right away, but, she figured they could see her family another day.

She was planning pin-the-tail-on-the-pony, a sack race, a six-hoofed race, and other extremely fun party games she knew her family would love! She even had a whole snack buffet for them. She was so excited, she could barely contain herself when she heard a knock on the door. Not just a row of knocks, a single knock.

She leaped towards the door with glee and opened it, to find her dad, mom, Maud, Marble, and Limestone all standing at the door, a bored expression written all over their faces. Maud lead the way in, the rest of them following.

"Hi, mom and dad! Omigosh, I said hi to you before, but Spike smushed you under his feet 'cause he was walking on this cool map, and I almost thought you were dead for a while!" Pinkie paused for a second, raised a hoof to her chin, thinking. Putting it back down, she asked "Is the rock farm still there?"

"Yes, Pinkie. It's still there." Cloudy Quartz spoke with a monotone. Looking around, she added "This place is to...bright. Why don't you place a picture of a rock or something, to help not make it so...fun?" Cloudy shuddered as she said 'fun', as if she were allergic to it.

Pinkie's dad, Ingenious Rock, circled around Pinkie, then stopped at her side, so he was facing Cloudy.

"Now, now, Cloudy." Ingenious spoke, with the same monotone as the rest of the family. "Why don't we stay a while, and see how it is?" Marble, Limestone, and Maud all nodded in agreement.

"Oh! Maud! I have a place for pets over in that corner." Pinkie said, pointing a hoof towards a small, fenced-in corner, where Gummy sat, unblinking, staring at the new guests.

"Thanks." Maud said, walking over to the corner. She tossed Boulder in, patted his head, then walked back to look at the snack buffet. Marble was already there, eating some rock candy that Pinkie made just that morning.

"So..." Pinkie said, trying to clear the awkward silence that hung in the air. "I have plenty of fun stuff to do! I made a five-layer cake--one layer for each of us--and, I have some balloons for each of you, plus some fun party games, like pin the tail on the pony, and--"

"That sounds to fun." Limestone interrupted her. The dull-purple pony took one step towards the door, then paused. "I'm going home. You guys can stay here in this fun house. I don't care." She then left, breaking exactly one fifth of Pinkie's heart, and making her deflate just a tiny bit.

It doesn't matter. She told herself. At least the rest of my family will-- Just like that, the rest of the pie family started wandering out of Pinkie's house. First Marble, then Cloudy, then Ingenues, and lastly, Maud, who went to get her pet Boulder. Pinkie's heart was officially broken, and she was officially deflated.

There my family, and they left because my house is too fun! Pinkie thought. She wiped angry tears from her eyes. "Pull yourself together, Pinkie." She told herself. "There is one mare who would probably love this family reunion more than my mom, dad, and sisters combined!" With motivation flowing through her, Pinkie went over to the phone and started dialing.

Author's Note:

It doesn't matter. She told herself. At least the rest of my family will-- Just like that, the rest of the pi family started wandering out of Pinkie's house. First Marble, then Cloudy, then Ingenues, and lastly, Maud, who went to get her pet Boulder. Pinkie's heart was officially broken, and she was officially deflated.
Pi family. PI family!!
Looks like you got some competition there, Twilly. :rainbowwild:

six-hoofed race,

like a three-legged race here.
Sorry, had to show you that mistake. It made me LOL. Ok, continue. Sorry again.