• Published 13th May 2012
  • 687 Views, 21 Comments

A Filly's New Life - BananaPeeler



A story about a filly coming into the new world and experiencing it's many joys.

  • ...
 21
 687

Falling (Ponyville Pt. 3)

For best reading experience, listen to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGwmfCLAWfw&feature=plcp It's a piano improvisation. This man is very talented and I give him my respect.

Rose and Cherry are still walking, although slower this time because of their dialogue

Flashback (Rose's Point of View)

The next few days were very nice for me. I talked more with Oak, learning more about his past, present, and what he hopes to do in the future. I can't list off everything, but he lived in Ponyville all his life. He's also been a very happy pony all his life, spreading happiness wherever he goes. Only a few bad things ever came to him, one being his parents death. When he was just 8 years old, his parents died in a great battle. They were the sworn protectors of Ponyville and it's people. It was all fine until a dragon appeared in town, breathing fire and threatening everypony. His parents gave their life to save Ponyville.

His present is very simple. As I said before, he owns the general shop up in central Ponyville. Although things can get hectic being a manager, most days are calm. He lives in a small house alone, but his loneliness never catches up with him, as he is always with friends and family. Everyday passes by regularly. He, the same as his parents, has taken the oath as the protector of Ponyville.

He plans to grow old, eventually retire, and begin a family in Canterlot. He's already decided what house he wants to move into. There's nothing more Oak likes to do then plan for the future.

At this point, I've started working at the Oak's shop. Everyone is very nice to me, and we have become friends with one another too! Many casual days went by where I thought of my past in Lindale. I wondered how my family was doing, if they were receiving the money I was sending them. I day dreamed whilst looking out the window. The beautiful sky, the singing birds...
Then Oak would ask me for something, or a customer would walk in, and I would come back to the real world. Everyday I noticed Oak and his glory. Every night I thought of him in my small house. Every time I saw him, I felt this strange yet wonderful feeling in my heart. We were more then friends, and as every week grew old and a new week began, I realized that I was falling for him. Falling for his brilliance. Falling for his magnificence. His personality. He was seemingly perfect for me.

We did many things together, similar to how a brother and a sister would. We'd share food, he'd invite me over for dinner, I'd invite him to a night out. No day went by that we weren't together, and all of Ponyville started to notice. Many of our friends started to acknowledge 'Me' as 'Us', knowing that Oak and I could not be separated for long. And every day I noticed that feeling inside my heart grow larger and more powerful. I knew what was happening, but I couldn't believe it...

I was falling in love with him...I was falling in love with Oak, and that was the happiest time of my life.

That was when I decided I wanted to be with him the rest of my life.

One night when we were out in the fields, laying on our backs watching the stars, something magical happened...
"These stars are beautiful Oak." I said.
"There's nothing like them...gleaming in the sky." Oak said.
"Do you think they're meant to mean something?"
"Like what?" He said.
"Well, I just thought that they would have some purpose for being up there."
I turned to face him and looked into his eyes. He did the same.
"Well, you could say they have many purposes." He mentioned.
"Give me an example."
He thought for a second, then continued, "One of their purposes is just to be up there, that way Ponies like you and me can enjoy them at night."
"Okay..." I replied, slightly anxious for him to say something else.
"They also are there to look beautiful, and to reflect off of your perfect eyes." He smiled.
Our hooves were slightly touching. We had held hooves before, but this was different. There was some connection between us now.
"Thank you." I said blushing.
I glanced back up, and saw a shooting star flying through the sky. It seemed slower than all others I've seen.
"Make a wish Rose."
"I would, but everything is perfect right now."
We looked at each other, struck with love. We were both smiling, feeling the same thing.
Slowly leaning forward, we closed our eyes, and let out lips meet, falling perfectly in place with the each other's. My heart was skipping beats. This moment was perfect. There was nothing I had ever felt that could ever match what I was feeling at that moment...that magical moment.

We leaned back, and gently opened our eyes. We were both smiling widely, and single tear of Joy ran down my cheek as I looked into his eyes. He pulled me in, hugging me gently. As he did, he whispered in my ear.
"I love you Rose."

Back to Rose and Cherry, who were nearing their home. (Cherry's Point of View)

"And that's how I fell in love with your father." Rose said.
"I think I'm overdosing in 'Lovey Doveyness' for the day." I said sarcastically.
Mrs. Cheerilee sees us, and comes running.
"Are you two alright?" She says.
"Well, I think I've caught something, but other than that, were fine." Rose says.
"Oh dear, let me see...have you been feeling any symptoms? Coughing? Sneezing? Itching? Maybe I should take your blood pressure. How about your joints? Are they okay?"
"Slow down Mrs. Cheerilee! I'm fine. All I need is a little sleep and I'll be all better." Rose says smiling.
Rose goes to lay down, while Mrs. Cheerilee asks me how I'm doing.

Today went better then expected. I didn't actually think Rose would tell me why she ran off, or how she met my dad, but then another question arose. Where is my dad?