• Published 13th May 2012
  • 687 Views, 21 Comments

A Filly's New Life - BananaPeeler



A story about a filly coming into the new world and experiencing it's many joys.

  • ...
 21
 687

Learning

After I finish running, the woman starts to giggle, most likely because I haven't gotten the technique of running down. Me, confused and looking at her, run strait into one of those brown rigid things! I feel the pain in my head, flinching, yet I laugh at myself for making such a silly mistake. Wait...how did I know that I hit my head? I barely even know what a head is! I quickly push the thought out of my head, then stand back up and look at the tree...tree?! How did I know that was a tree? Just a few moments ago I thought they were just colours! This is all very strange to me, learning all the names of these things. After a few seconds, the woman rushes over to me, seeing if I was okay. She says something, but like before, I can't understand what she says. Although I don't know what she said, I feel like I understand what she's trying to say...I feel like she's trying to comfort me.

The woman helps me up, continuing to talk. She helps me onto my hooves, making sure that I am sturdy. When I hit the tree I was going reasonably fast. She looks at me and musters up a worried smile. I can tell she's trying to tell me something important, but at this point, I'm too distracted. So many thoughts were racing through my head. We start walking back to the place where I slept before, attempting to reach any type of solace and tranquility. My leg was around her shoulder, supporting my walk. I must have injured myself when I ran into that tree. Right now I feel I have a serious head injury, my head is aching in pain. The rest of my body is fine, but my head feels like it's being stabbed repeatedly, but even though it was agonizing, I had a strange feeling that I was gaining knowledge. Everything began to seem clearer, everything began to make sense, but the pain did not stop. I do, however, hear the woman mutter something...

Woman's Point of View

"Come on now, hang with me. We're almost home." I keep walking, keeping my child's arm over my shoulder, frantically looking for the place we spent the previous night. There must be something that can comfort her there. Something...Anything. I think to myself, she must be going through her FillyMorphism. I remember when I went through the same thing. It was terrible. It only seemed yesterday that I was going through the same thing, it was my mother who had to explain it to me as well.

Flash Back

"Mummy! Can I ask you a question?"
"Why, of course you can! What do you need to know my child?" The mother says with a smile.
"What is a 'FillyMorphism'?"
"Well, it's something that happens right after you are born. A wonderful time when you learn many things. Not everything of course, but enough to make it through."
"What happened when I had my...'FillyMorphism'? The child says confused.
"Well luckily you were at home when you had your's. Unfortunately, the change requires something different for everypony. For you, it was when you were at your saddest, it was back when your father left for work. It seems silly I know, but you were very upset about it. You were about to go up to your room, when you fell down the stairs because of a sharp pain in your head. I don't remember much more of that, you can blame my old age." Chuckles
"Wow...If I ever have a filly, will that happen to her too?"
"Absolutely, and when it does, you'll have to keep her close to her because when she's having her FillyMorphism she is very vulnerable."
"Don't worry mummy, I will!"

End of Flash Back

"Alright, we're almost there. Finding our home, I started to speed up, thinking that there will be some relief at home. I lower her softly onto the bed where she slept the night before. Seeing she is still in horrible pain, I pour some water on her head. I feel helpless at this point. I feel like I can't do anything but watch my child suffer in pain.

Child's Point of View

AAHHH!!! This pain is worsening, and I can't do anything to stop it! Right now I feel like my head is on fire, like someone is taking a pair of scissors and tearing every part of my head apart! My legs are flailing, hitting things, scattering them across the forest floor. My mouth erupts with an extremely loud sound, similar to screaming but slightly different. Everything is going bright, wherever I looked. As though someone was bringing a torch close to both of my eyes, I was blinded in the light. Then, all of a sudden, everything stopped. The light, the flailing, the screaming, and especially, the pain! It was like everything decided to stop and be peaceful. The woman standing over me no longer was holding me down. Her face brightened, turning into a relieved smile.

I sat there for what seemed like a few minutes, relaxing. Right now I didn't care what I did, I was just happy the pain had stopped. Sitting up I notice the beautiful trees, the flowing grass, the large meadows, the bright blue sky. Everything seemed so calm. The woman opens her mouth, and for the first time ever, I hear her say, "Hello there...I'm your mother."
She smiles kindly. I quickly stand up, startled that I am even able to comprehend her voice. These words sound so strange to me. I felt like I was in a whole new world. "Hey there, calm down. No need to get scared now. It's okay." By now my breathing has calmed. "I was the woman who brought you here last night. Do you remember that?" Passively and without thinking, I say "Yes..." Geez, all these surprises are really getting to me. Erratically, she jumps into the air! "Wow! Your first words! Well, one word I guess." She begins pacing excitedly around the ground, mumbling something about "So many things to do" and "I can't believe this is really happening!"

"There's so much to do!" she says.
"Okay, tell me what you know already."
"What do you want to know?" I reply?
"Holy buck! You already know how to make a sentence! Okay, tell me what you see around you..."
"Well, I see trees, grass, the sky, a couple of flowers...Why do you need to know this?"
"I just want to see how much you've learnt of course!"
"Learnt?" I say confused.
"Oh gosh, I haven't even told you what you just went through. That pain you were feeling a couple of minutes ago was actually your FillyMorphism. It's a stage that every Filly goes through, where she gain much knowledge in a very small amount of time."
"Cool." I said sarcastically
"This is so amazing! I even can't believe this is happening to me!"

I can tell she is very excited about me and my 'FillyMorphism'. I guess I'll try and play along, seeing as I don't really know what's going on anyways.
"Well, is there any other pain I'm going to be dealing with? I certainly hope there isn't."
"Nope, the pain is done, unless you go off and decide to run into another tree." She says smiling.
"Ha, yeah..."
"Well...you must be getting hungry aren't you?"
I looked down at my stomach, noticing that I was, in fact, very hungry.
"Yes I am! Do you have any food around here?"
"Well, we were out looking for fruit when you had your...well...attack. So if you want anything you'll either have to wait here or come with me to find some food."
"I think I'll just stay here for now. I'm feeling kinda tired." I said, yawning.
"I'm not going far, so if you need help, just yell."
"Okay."

After finishing my conversation about 'FillyMorphism' I lay my head on the pillow, feeling the ache and tire leave my body. Slowly drifting to sleep, I think of all the things I'd like to talk to the woman about... all the things I'd like to talk to my Mother about...