• Published 13th May 2012
  • 687 Views, 21 Comments

A Filly's New Life - BananaPeeler



A story about a filly coming into the new world and experiencing it's many joys.

  • ...
 21
 687

Awakening

Read out version- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6TysPtIaVQ

I wake up without any previous memories, my vision blurred, I'm sitting on something soft and green. I smell something bitter in the air, but it's mostly normal smelling. Upon standing, I notice I lack any knowledge of balance and quickly fall over, back onto the ground. Knowing standing is useless, I remain sitting down, trying to focus my eyes on my surroundings.

Everything is so blurry, but I've no idea why. After about a 15 minute span of time spent attempting to focus, I can soon tell that I am surrounded by many thin green blades that are soft. Looking up, I see more green, suspended in air by a hard, rough, brown surface. Raising my eyes even farther, I notice bright things in the sky, still and not moving, yet glimmering with beauty.

Maybe if I try again, I'll be able to stand up. I raise two hooves out in front of me, leaning on them so I can get my back legs on the ground and positioned correctly. My legs are wobbly at first, taking to the foreign position slowly, but as I gain my balance, I feel them strengthen. Raising one hoof in front of the other, I stumble, but do not fall. I lower that hoof slightly father away from me as it was before. I do the same with one of my back legs. Gaining confidence, I slowly walk forward, leaning on different things to get my balance.

These things range in texture, colour, and warmth. Some of these things are brown and hard, yet others are soft and green. I walk around for a small amount of time before I see a figure in the distance.

Something tall and purple, bouncing up and down. As it approaches, I can see it is actually running. Towards me maybe? I look behind me to see if there is anything of interest there, but to no success. All that is behind me is some of those brown rough things and more soft green blades. I look back to find the figure slowing, looking at me in awe. In a very soft voice, it faintly says something that is unrecognizable to me. Sounds like a mare's voice I suppose.

Assuming she is friendly I walk towards her so I could get a better view of her. Her body is covered in soft, purple strands. The top part of her is a dark purple, the same is that of the back end of her. It flows in the wind, beautiful and majestic. I notice her side has some sort of drawing, a picture of a brown square with scribbles on the top of it, and surrounding it is a purple aura. It's suspended above a table with more brown squares and more scribbling on them as well.

She suddenly jumps forward, putting her front hooves around me. Startled at first, I freeze . . . but after feeling the loving warmth from her, I embrace her and wrap my hooves around her. I notice a fuzzy feeling in my belly, and feel my mouth turn into a smile, feeling happy for the first time I can remember. We back away and look at each other, gleaming with happiness and joy.

As we walk I start to notice that walking is becoming easier and more leisure. We pass strange, small things; green stems holding up luscious yellow, red, even purple petals. Looking at them is sort of relaxing, in a way, even tiring. My walk is becoming slower as a blanket of sleepiness falls over me, but then we stop and notice something to my right. A large structure, tan coloured and tall, which looks as though it housed figures, similar to the one I am following. It seems serene as I look at it. It's so calm and peaceful.

A few seconds later, she turns, nods her head and starts walking. I feel strangely compelled to follow her. We walked for a bit, arriving at a place where the soft green blades were short and where the rough brown cylinders were less dense. She stops near a soft, very comfortable, place that was near some hay and a plush white object. She nods towards it, symbolizing that it's safe.

I lay back down, feeling strangely tired after such a seemingly short walk, and I feel my fatigue drift into the wind. I slowly close my eyes, looking at the mare leaning over me. Her kindness and sympathy are obvious. Thinking about her I drift into a deep sleep, letting my body rest and ready itself for a new day.

<<The next day>>

Awakening on the soft green blades, I notice that I am rested up. The previous dark blue sky has turned into a light blue, greeting everything in warmth. I stand up and look for the figure that greeted me a while back, but to no avail. She must have gone somewhere. I wander around for what seems like a few minutes, looking for something, anything of interest. I must find a purpose to be here. Although I look extensively, I can't find anything. However, I see that the figure is coming back, and she is holding a pouch with something red and round shaped inside. She brings it to me and lightly puts it at my feet, signaling that they are mine. Confused, I roll them around under my hoof, finding that they are hard and have a stem. She takes one into her mouth, showing that I'm supposed to eat them. I quickly chomp on one, tasting it's succulent awesomeness. It creates a satisfied feeling in my belly, and makes me content.

The mare motions me to follow her, showing some importance in it. We walk for a short time, then she starts to speed up, continuing to gain speed. It seems she is testing me, trying to see how fast I can walk. Angered at her, I speed up, and start running. I didn't even know I was doing it, but it felt great. I ran around the field, feeling so free and happy! I felt the wind flowing throughout my body, around my limbs, and in my eyes. The smell of the wind was extremely refreshing and felt great.
I feel a sense of purpose fill me. I feel triumphed. I feel....complete.