• Published 11th May 2012
  • 5,629 Views, 78 Comments

Rainbow's Redemption - AstonMartinLover



Rainbow Dash is forced to relive her youth after a plot by Discord gets her exiled from Equestria.

  • ...
4
 78
 5,629

Epilogue

Chapter 16: Epilogue

Rainbow Dash spent the next couple weeks in the hospital, despite her insistence that she was okay.

During that time she had made full amends with the princesses, and though it wasn't necessary, swore her eternal loyalty again.

Equestria was in a rebuilding period. The city of Canterlot had been practically leveled by the attack. The royal palace lay in ruins. It would take years to return the mighty nation to it's former glory.

Discord's statue had been put in a secure location where it was unlikely he would escape again. But if he did, the mane six would be ready.

Also, she'd promised to let Thunderspark take her out on a date as soon as he got out of the hospital. Everything seemed to be going right for her in the aftermath of the worst month of her life.

So now it was back to her cloud home above the newly rebuilt Ponyville. She was finishing her report to the Princess.


Dear Princess Celestia

I've learned a lot in the past month. I've learned the importance of my element: Loyalty. I've learned that loyalty goes both ways.

Even when you feel that your friends are being disloyal to you, you have to understand that everypony makes mistakes.

A shadow of doubt was cast on me Princess. And I nearly got swallowed up in that shadow. It was only through re-discovering loyalty that I escaped.

I also learned the power of memories. I never really thought much of them. Memories can save us. But they can destroy us if we let them. My memories almost destroyed me. And I think it may take quite some time to recover from the damage that changeling did to my psyche. But I'll heal, I promise.

And for the record Princess, seriously, no hard feelings about the whole life sentence thing. Like I said, everypony makes mistakes.

Your most faithful speed demon

Rainbow Dash

PS: Tell Luna thanks for everything. I couldn't have gotten through this without her.


Rainbow Dash finished the letter uneasily. She wasn't much of a writer. She shrugged and put it away for whenever Spike could be bothered.

There was a knock at the door. Rainbow Dash floated over. "Come in."

Scootaloo pushed the door open. "You wanted me to come over Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow Dash smiled. How the filly must feel right now. This was the first time she'd actually been INVITED into this house.

They had only seen each other a few times between today and the battle of Canterlot. Scootaloo had been living with Applejack while the foster home was being rebuilt. It was said that it might take months to rebuild it to opening standards.

Scootaloo looked at Rainbow Dash the same way she had from the beginning. Like an adoring fangirl.

"What's up? Wanna go flying?" Scootaloo asked excitedly.

"In a second. First, I have a present for you."

Scootaloo hopped up and down. "A present? For me? Oh I don't need a present..."

"Sure you do. Hang on, i'll go get it." She reached into a cabinet and pulled out a pair of goggles.

Scootaloo frowned. "What are they?"

"Authentic Wonderbolt flight goggles." Rainbow replied coolly.

Scootaloo's face seemed to ignite with happiness. "Oh Celestia! Are they for me?"

"Sure squirt. They don't fit me anymore. Take em."

Scootaloo slid the goggles over her eyes. "Awesome!"

"My dad gave me those." Rainbow said. "So take care of them okay?"

Scootaloo's mouth gaped. She was speechless. That Rainbow Dash had given her those goggles was a great honor.

"Rainbow, I...I don't need to take these..."

"Take em Scoots. Use them well. I trust you."

Scootaloo looked up. She couldn't really remember a time when Rainbow was this sincere in her words.

"Thank you."

"No probs squirt. One more thing I wanna show you."

Rainbow Dash pointed her hoof at the door next to her room.

Scootaloo opened the door. It was a room adorned with posters. Wonderbolts posters. Rainbow Dash posters. In the center was an orange and pink bed.

"What is it?" Scootaloo asked, looking up at Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash looked down at her. "It's the guest room. I figured...you know...since...the foster home burned down. I figured you'd want to...stay here for a while?"

Scootaloo's mouth gaped. She looked at the bed, then back at Rainbow Dash. "I can...stay? W-W-With you?"

Rainbow Dash shrugged. "I mean...if you want to..."

Scootaloo charged forward. She hugged Rainbow Dash, pressing her little head against her chest.

Rainbow Dash was taken slightly aback by the gesture. "I think I'll take that as a yes?"

Scootaloo nodded. Rainbow hugged her back. She felt the small creature's breath against her chest.

And she was brought back to that thought she had had in the forest. How similar their stories were. How similar they, as ponies, were. They were both orphans. They both knew pain. And they were both determined to overcome that pain.

At first, Rainbow Dash had thought that perhaps Scootaloo needed somepony. Somepony to look after her. Somepony for her to look up to. But now it was clear, Rainbow Dash needed her just as much.

If the gods above had decided to make them orphans, were they not at least allowed to have each other?

Scootaloo separated and began jumping on her new bed.

"Now be careful squirt. I'm not making that bed again." Rainbow Dash warned.

Scootaloo smiled the widest grin Rainbow had ever seen. "Oh can we go flying Rainbow Dash? Can we huh? Can we?"

Rainbow Dash nodded. "Of course. You still have a cutie mark to get don't you?"

Scootaloo nodded excitedly.

"Alright. Go get a head start. I'll be right out."

Scootaloo flew out the door. Rainbow Dash went back into her room. She slowly trotted towards the cabinet in the corner. She opened the top drawer.

The flight suit. All raggedy and tattered. She pulled it out and looked at the name on the side.

Dash. She hugged the flight suit, a tear coming to her eye.

"I love you daddy." She looked up at the sky. "I swear I'll be the best big sister I can be. I'll make you proud."

She put the flight suit back in the cabinet. Then she flew out the door after her sister.

"Race you to Sugar Cube Corner!" She shouted.

"You're on!" Scootaloo replied.

Two pairs of once fledgling wings extended and blasted downwards towards the Earth.


The End


Voice Cast:

Rainbow Dash: Ashleigh Ball

Scootaloo: Madeleine Peters

Discord: John De Lancie

Grey Dash: Olivia Olson

Fluttershy: Andrea Libman

Twilight Sparkle: Tara Strong

Applejack: Ashleigh Ball

Rarity: Tabetha St. Germain

Pinkie Pie: Andrea Libman

Thunderspark: Chris Pine

Lightning Dash: Denzel Washington

Arrowhead: Bridget Fonda

Titan: Ving Rhames

Princess Celestia: Nicole Oliver

Princess Luna: Tabetha St. Germain

Comments ( 18 )

I would have have NEVER forgiven the princes

702560
Yeah sorry bout the filly Thunderspark thing. Figured that one out right after I finished the story.

702585 Why're ya apologising mate? It's your story and anyway, I think it's hilarious:rainbowlaugh:.

Hey, are my comments coming of as a bit... dickish? 'Cause I swear that's not the intention.

Fantastic story. I really glad you finished it, and I eagerly await your next fic.

702706
No, not at all! Thank you for your comments!

703990
Thanks! I'll be getting started on the next one pretty soon

This story was AWESOME! You did a great job with it loved the way your finshed the story. :heart:

this was brilliant! i might base RD's childhood story in a future fic on this if that's alright with you

awsome story loved it, but am i the only one thinking it isint right for rainbow to have to swear her loyalty to celestia in the end ? i mean they all know she did nothing wrong and it was their fault that she got mad and turned on them in my opinion they should be the one swearing that they wouldent doubt her loyalty. lol sorry bout that just felt like it still a great story

I will add this to my Nook, but I am nervous about the Dark Tag and Scootaloo... Is this going to emotionally upset me. I am fine with mental torture and all that, maybe a little sadness, but are Scootaloo or any other major characters going to die? This looks really good but I get REALLY emotionally attached to characters and don't want to have to scream at the story.

2099176 Haha, no, no major deaths. It just gets a bit violent. Won't cause any emotional damage (hopefully).

this was so Good::pinkiehappy:

Such an awesome story! :pinkiehappy: curse them disloyal ponies, never doubt rainbow dash :rainbowdetermined2:

Have you ever considered submitting this story to Equestria Daily? You can find out how to do so here.

Lolz,

Chris Pine as Thunderspark and Denzel Washington as Lightning Dash!
love the cast broski! :heart:

8/10 story again.

Login or register to comment