• Published 11th May 2012
  • 5,238 Views, 157 Comments

Tales of a Brony: Love - YourPrivateNightmare



Story of a Brony, who gets teleported to Equestria after taking a dump.

  • ...
14
 157
 5,238

Chapter 8: About muffins and love

Chapter 8: About muffins and love

The next morning I got up earlier. This time I wanted to catch Twilight before she left, although I didn’t know why.

I found her downstairs, where she was just about to go.

“Oh...uhm...Good morning...Twilight.”I said friendly.

“Good morning, Xenos. Is there something important you want to tell me?” She asked.

“Uhm...no...why- why do you think so?”

“Don’t show her that you were actually hoping to catch her before leaving.”

“Well you got up like two hours earlier than yesterday, so I suppose you wanted to tell me something before I leave.”

“Well, crap...”

“Actually I wanted to ask you how to continue, I mean-. “ I wanted to continue, but Twilight cut me off.

“Look, I’m sorry for what happened at the party. I didn’t know why I did it. It was kind of...an accident, okay?” She broke out.

That came unexpected.

“I actually was referring to the fact that I should probably look for a house to...like...live on my own, because I thought it’d be strange to live here without paying or something.” I tried not to sound hurt, although I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach.

Awkward silence...

“Oh...uhm...I could...ask the Mayor...if there’s an abandoned house somewhere...I’d better be going now.” Twilight said, then quickly rushed out of the library.

I remained silent for a few minutes. Then I let out a long shout of frustration.

“WHY?! Why for Celestia’s sake?!”

I didn’t know what made me so frustrated. Either that Twilight just made clear to me that she didn’t even think of having a relationship, or the fact that I actually thought that it would work between her and me.

I was so frustrated that I wanted to bang my head against the wall, but decided to just paint a picture. I just focussed all my anger on the canvas. At the end it looked like a colour-massacre. I released some anger, but still felt like bursting from frustration.

Then I realised how selfish I was. Thinking that she actually had some kind of crush on me and then snap, just because of being wrong. I really hated myself right now and felt like I had to cry, although there was no real reason for that.

“Come on, buddy. It’s not that bad.” Someone said from behind.

“Spike!? Were you actually...watching that whole thing?” I asked.

Damn, that dragon’s got some sneaking skill.

“Well...yes, but I didn’t want to interrupt you. It looked like it was awkward enough.”

I sighed.

“It doesn’t matter anymore. I thought that Twilight actually liked me...like, you know...more than just some kind of a friend.” I said.

“Well, she probably does...She always had difficulties to express feelings. She’s probably just uncertain. I mean she kissed you, even though she barely knew you.” Spike tried to cheer me up.

“She said that she just didn’t know what she was doing and that it was an accident. Doesn’t sound like she’s uncertain...” I responded.

“She didn’t know what she was doing? Believe me when I say Twilight always knows what she’s doing. I guess, it’s hard for her to admit that she actually likes you. She’s probably just afraid of changes.” Spike said.

“Thank you Spike, I owe you a lot. If there’s anything you need help with, don’t hesitate to ask me.” I said, more confident now.

Then I packed my painting equipment (I bought a pair of saddlebags too) and left the library. It was still quite early, so I decided to visit the Doctor before I would start painting again.

I found him in the garden where I first met him. He was busy repairing a cooker and didn’t even notice me.

“Hey Doc!” I called out.

“Oh, hey Xenos.” He turned to me and smiled. “I heard you are an artist now.”

“Even you know? I must be really popular.” I grinned.

“Actually, Ditzy told me. I’m not that interested in what happens in town, you know.” He explained.

Right on cue, the gray Pegasus landed next to him.

“Hi, Doc! Just finished delivering the mail. Oh, hi, Xenos.” Ditzy smiled. “You’re an artist now right? Would you paint me a picture?” She asked.

“Sure. What do you want me to paint for you?”

She thought for a moment, crossing her eyes even more than usual (It was fascinating). Then she smiled.

“Draw me...a muffin.” She said.

I couldn’t help, but laugh.

“Well, if that’s what you want. But I’ll need a model. Do you ha-.” I couldn’t even finish the sentence. She was already pulling out different muffins out of her saddlebag.

“...blueberry muffins, chocolate muffins and vanilla muffins.” She listed.

I couldn’t even tell if there was a difference between all the muffins, but Ditzy seemed to know them by heart.

“Another fan-fact has proven itself to be true.” I thought.

I chose the blueberry muffin to be my model and built up my easel took out my equipment and started painting. I tried hard to make it look as life-like as possible. After about half an hour I finished...and was satisfied.

Ditzy seemed even happier.

“It looks so delicious, I almost want to eat the picture.” She stated, but then ate the model-muffin instead.

I smiled. She was just too adorable. Suddenly she gave me brief kiss on my cheek, then flew away. I blushed a little, then I noticed the look on Doctor Whoove’s face. He looked really jealous right now.

“You fancy her, right?” I stated.

His face immediately turned red like an apple.

“What? NO! I mean we’re just friends, nothing more.” He quickly tried to explain.

“Don’t try to fool me. I already knew when I first saw you two together. Why don’t you ask her out? I’m sure she wouldn’t turn you down. She’s way too friendly for that.” I suggested.

It was kinda strange. I didn’t even manage to ask out the mare I liked, but already acted like I was thebucking Date-Doctor.

“I don’t even know where to take her. I don’t know if there is a romantic restaurant in Ponyville. I actually don’t know any restaurants.” He sounded desperate.

“I’m sure we’ll find a restaurant somewhere. Come on, I’ll help you. I already have an idea.” I tried to convince him

.

Suddenly someone called my name.

“Xenos, there you are. I got the Mayor to offer you a house. You have to come with me.” Twilight said.

“Looks like we have to delay my plans, Doc, but I’m going to set you up with that mare, and if it’s the last thing I do.” I said.

Guessing from his facial expression he was probably hoping that I would just forget that whole thing...No way!

Then I trotted up to Twilight and followed her.

“The Doctor and Ditzy Doo? Really?” Twilight looked at me with disbelief.

“Seems so. However I would be thankful if you wouldn’t tell anypony. Poor Doc already seems a bit uncomfortable about the situation."

“I promise I won’t tell.” Twilight said.

Then we arrived at the town hall.

END OF CHAPTER 8

Author's note: Unfortunately I won't be able to add new chapters for the next three days. I'm going on a hiking trip and won't be back before Sunday. I will take my notebook with me so I can write at least one new chapter, but i won't be able to upload it due to the lack of W-Lan in the mountains.