• Published 11th May 2012
  • 5,238 Views, 157 Comments

Tales of a Brony: Love - YourPrivateNightmare



Story of a Brony, who gets teleported to Equestria after taking a dump.

  • ...
14
 157
 5,238

Chapter 2: Thunderstruck?

Chapter 2: Thunderstruck?

Twilight stepped out of her house. It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and Ponyville seemed quiet and peaceful. All in all it seemed like an average day for Twilight.

“I hope today won’t be too exhausting. I’m so tired I could already fall asleep right now.” The purple mare said to herself.

The last weeks had been quite difficult for Twilight. After saving her brother’s wedding by exposing the evil plans of Chrysalis, the vicious queen of the changelings, Twilight hadn’t got much sleep. Not only had she been partying at the wedding the whole night, but also she also was suffering from nightmares.

Chrysalis had been defeated, but unlike the former threats to Equestria, like Discord, who had been turned into stone, she could return at any time, seeking her revenge. And exactly this caused Twilight’s nightmares.

“Maybe I’ll find a nice and quiet place in the park, where I can read and relax a bit. I would stay at home, but this day is simply too beautiful to stay inside. Who knows when the pegasi would decide to set off a storm...” she thought, as she walked down to the park.

At that time, she didn’t know that this day would change her life in more than one way.

After she arrived at the park she lay down below a big oak and began to read. Everything seemed quiet and calm. So quiet that Twilight slowly drifted away into peaceful slumber.

But not long. Suddenly an incredibly loud bang roused her from her sleep. Twilight jumped to her hooves and lokked around nervously. Her heart was beating at an insane speed.

“What happened? Did one of the pegasi unintentionally set off a thunder cloud? No that, didn’t sound like thunder at all.” She thought.

While Twilight was still thinking of an explanation she suddenly saw something on a hill close to the tree that attracted her attention. As she took a closer look, her heart stopped beating for a moment. Lying there was a light green unicorn stallion. The ground around him was charred, like it had been on fire, but he seemed unharmed.

“Oh my gosh, is he...dead?” Twilight called out louder than she intended.

She calmed down a bit, when she noticed that his chest was still moving up and down very slowly.

“At least he's alive. He seems to be unconscious. How did he even get here? It looks like he had been struck by a lightning, but he isn’t harmed at all.”

Twilight didn’t know what to do.

She nudged him with her hoof. Nothing. She nudged him again, a little bit harder this time. Still nothing. Suddenly she had an idea. She came very close to the stallion’s ear and yelled. Still no reaction.

“What shall I do? I can’t leave you here.” Twilight sighed.

This was supposed to be her day off and now she had to take care of an unconscious stallion.

“If you can’t answer me then I can at least have a closer look at you.” Twilight said to the unicorn, who, of course, didn’t respond.

He looked like an average stallion. His light green coat and the long brown mane weren’t really noticeable. He also wore a pair of metallic-blue glasses, which seemed to be too small for his face, but still fitting him well. But something about this Pony was special and it wasn’t the fact that he was unconscious.

“I can’t leave him that way and if he won’t wake up I guess I’ll have to take him home.”

Twilight looked around for somepony who could help her. Unfortunately, she was the only one in the park at this time of the day.

“Looks like I have to carry you on my own. But wait...I could also teleport us back to the library. I hope it won’t harm you.”

Twilight was referring to when she had to teleport her and Spike away after being cornered by a bunch of Ponies, being eager for her second golden ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala. Back then the spell had quite an electrifying effect on the little dragon. Although her magic skills had improved highly since that time, there was always a possibility that something could go wrong, especially when teleporting others.

Twilight decided to try it. She focused her mind on herself and the stallion and performed the spell.

It all went well. One glimpse of an eye later she was back in her library, the unconscious unicorn lying next to her on the floor. Twilight used her magic to lift the stallion up onto her spare bed.

“You better have a good explanation for this, Mister.” Twilight thought with a grim expression on her face. “You just ruined my day off.”

Twilight realised what she just thought and regretted it immediately.

“Twilight! Get a hold of yourself! What were you thinking? He clearly needs your help. This is not the time to be selfish. I should probably go and ask Nurse Redheart if she could come over and take a look at him. He doesn’t seem like he is going to wake up any time soon.”

Twilight looked for Spike, but he was still asleep. She hoped that the little dragon wouldn’t be too confused because of the stranger in her bed...or even draw wrong conclusions from the situation. The last thing she needed to deal with was Spike spreading rumors about her, having a coltfriend. Twilight blushed a little. No, she didn’t need a coltfriend. Coltfriends require time. Time she didn’t have.

Twilight banned the stupid thoughts from her mind and left the library and walked up to Ponyville’s hospital.

After arriving at the hospital, she asked for Nurse Redheart. Nurse Redheart wasn’t better than any other nurse at the hospital, but Twilight knew her from previous events, which made her her first choice.

The mare at the counter called for Nurse Redheart through her microphone. A few minutes later she arrived at the counter.

“What’s the matter Twilight?” the white mare asked.

“Well, it’s not easy to explain. I went for a walk in the park and there I found an unconscious unicorn stallion lying on the ground. He didn’t seem hurt so I took him to my house, but I don’t know how to wake him up.” Twilight tried to sum up the previous events.

“Have you already tried to splash water in his face?”

“Uhm...erm...no. Is this what you do in such cases? I never read about this method in any book about medicine.”

“Let’s just say it almost never fails.” The nurse sighed.

“Well, thank you Nurse.” Twilight said and turned to the exit.

“If he seems to be hurt, just bring him here.” Nurse Redheart yelled after Twilight.

When Twilight got back to the library, she was quite surprised. Not only was a certain purple dragon awake but also a certain green stallion...

END OF CHAPTER 2