• Published 11th May 2012
  • 5,238 Views, 157 Comments

Tales of a Brony: Love - YourPrivateNightmare



Story of a Brony, who gets teleported to Equestria after taking a dump.

  • ...
14
 157
 5,238

Chapter 7: I might be an artist now

Chapter 7: I might be an artist now

The sunshine woke me up. I felt like I had slept for hours.

I looked around. Twilight’s bed was empty. I didn’t know what time it was, but it was probably already around 11 o’ clock.

“I guess I missed Rarity’s makeover appointment. Too bad.”I grinned.

I went downstairs. Nopony seemed to be at home. I noticed a small table in one corner. There was a plate with something that looked like food on it and a sheet of paper. I looked at the sheet and recognized that it was a note for me:

_______________________________________________________________________________

Dear Xenos,

I’m sorry I couldn’t wait for you to wake up. Rarity wanted to meet me at the spa and you don’t want to know what happens when you are late.” I guess I’ll find out soon...” Anyway, if you have any questions just ask Spike. I told him to help you with anything.

_______________________________________________________________________________

“So I guess I’m something like your babysitter now.” Spike suddenly said, standing behind me.

I hadn’t noticed him. He was quite good at sneaking up to Ponies.

“if you haven’t noticed, this food is meant to be your breakfast.”

On the plate were some oats as well as some flowers, I didn’t recognize.

I was never really into vegetarian food, but as Ponies are exclusively herbivores I would have to change my diet sooner or later if I wanted to survive. First I tried just a little bit, but it actually tasted really good. It seemed like when I had changed into a Pony my sense of taste had changed too. Although this was quite logical, it still was kinda strange.

“So you and Twilight were...busy...yesterday?” Spike asked. I could hear from his voice that he despised me.

And that made me angry!

“I did more at that one evening, than you will ever do with Rarity in your whole life!” I called out in anger.

I actually consider myself to be a nice person (Pony!), but when I get angry I can be really offending, sometimes hurting people’s feelings more than I intend. And Spike seemed very hurt.

I immediately regretted what I said.

“I- I’m sorry, Spike, I really didn’t mean to-“I tried to apologize.

Spike looked like he was about to cry.

“No, don’t apologize, you’re right...I’m pathetic. When I saw you and Twilight I was...jealous. You had just arrived and were already...”

I really understood him right now. I once felt this way too.

“Look, Spike...It isn’t really like I said. I think Rarity likes you more than she would admit. It’s just a difficult situation. After all she’s a mare and you’re a young dragon, although you behave much more mature than most other dragons.” I tried to make amends for what I had done.

“You...you think so?” He looked at me with tears in his eyes.

“I know it.”

That was a lie. I had no idea if Rarity really had stronger feelings for Spike, but I thought that anything would be better than leaving him depressed like this.

“Peace?” I asked.

“Peace...” Spike smiled.

I tried to hug him, but he quickly backed off.

“Whoa, I thought you were more into mares?” He asked, giving me an awkward look.

“Wait...No...That’s not meant to be gay or something, it’s...how do they call it? Ah, I know!”

(Author’s note: Play this now for better experience. Song starts at 0:29)

“Well...ok...we should probably forget this and never speak about it again.” Spike said.

“Agreed.” I stated.

“Well, I could show you around Ponyville now. I guess you don’t have any special plans right now.” Spike suggested.

“You’re right. I don’t have a better suggestion yet.” I agreed.

“Then let’s go.” He said and we left the library.

I was happy that we finally settled our differences. He turned out to be quite a nice guy.

Spike showed me the most popular locations in Ponyville: Sugarcube Corner, Rarity’s Carousel Boutique, the Schoolhouse, the Hospital, the day spa, and finally the town hall.

“So that’s basically it. What you’re going to do now?” Spike asked.

“I don’t know. As I want to stay here, I guess I’ll have to find a job or something.” I answered. “But I have no idea what job would fit me.”

“Well the best job for you would probably be one that matches your cutie mark. It’s a pencil, right? So your special talent must be art or something...” He said.

I thought about it.

“Is there an artist in Ponyville?” I asked Spike.

“Not that I’m aware of, but I think most of the Ponies would find the idea of being able to buy paintings or pictures quite interesting.”

“You may be right, but first I need some equipment. At least I’ll need an easel, a canvas and some paper scrolls as well as some brushes, colours and some pencils.” I said.

Then I realized that Spike was already writing a list.

“...brushes, colours and pencils, got it! I think we can get you most of that in the stationery shop, where Twilight gets her parchment from. We probably even get Applejack to craft you an easel. We will lend you the money. Just pay it back when you earned enough.” Spike said friendly.

I was overwhelmed by his supportive behaviour. A few hours ago he was probably wishing that I would go back where I came from and now he treated me like a good friend.

“I- I don’t know how to thank you...” I stammered.

“Hey, that’s what friends are for, right? You’ll find a way to reciprocate. Now, let’s go and get you some equipment so you can start as Ponyville’s new artist.”

I smiled. Then we went to Sweet Apple Acres begging her for crafting me an easel.

Applejack actually did it. It seemed like she had accepted me as a member of Ponyville’s society now that I didn’t turn out to be an over-self confident show-off or to try to bring her family business down (yes, that’s a reference!). She even seemed to like the idea of Ponyville having an artist (“The house needs some decoration. Some paintings would be nice.”).

I felt a little bit uncomfortable. Applejack and Spike seemed to have high expectations in me and I didn’t know if I was really good enough to be a real artist.

With the easel, Spike and I went to the stationery shop to get the rest of the equipment. Finally I felt ready for some drawing.

“And now? Do I just build up the easel and start drawing and painting things?” I asked.

“I think so. Just start drawing. Eventually somepony will pass and get interested. What if you begin by drawing me?”

“I can do that.” At least I thought so.

So I started drawing and it actually went very well. Levitating the pencil with my magic was a bit difficult at first, but I quickly got used to it. After some time (I was already painting the picture of Spike) a few Ponies gathered around and watched me working. I couldn’t help, but feel proud.

When I finished I put the painting next to me so they could see it. They reacted better than I had expected. Some even congratulated and asked if I could draw them too. So I spend the rest of the afternoon in town and made some paintings. The Ponies seemed honestly impressed. As the sun set I decided to stop, because it simply became too dark for me to continue. I actually had to promise that I would be back tomorrow. It seemed like I gained some fans.

I really felt proud when Spike and I walked back to the library. Even Spike seemed to be impressed by my skills.

“You sure know how to handle pencil and brush.” He stated.

When we entered the library, Twilight greeted me friendly. I felt a bit strange, because I hadn’t talked to her since what had happened yesterday. Twilight had already prepared some dinner for me. I hadn’t noticed before, but actually felt really hungry. I didn’t even care what it was I just ate it...and it was good.

“Fthanfth youfth fvery mufh, Tfwilifght.” I said with my mouth full.

Twilight giggled a little.

Full and satisfied I wished Twilight and Spike goodnight and went upstairs. It wasn’t very late, but I already felt really tired. After all it had been an exhausting day.

I felt like my life in Ponyville had just really begun. I felt quite happy and fell asleep quickly...

END OF CHAPTER 7

Author's note:

Is it allowed to put a link to a video into my story without asking for permission? I don't know and I actually don't care. Anyway, credits to nighiga and the YTF-crew for their inspiring video.

I don't know yet what to put in the next Chapter sooo...be surprised. Thanks again for support.