• Published 21st Mar 2015
  • 3,325 Views, 243 Comments

The Dash and the Furry-ous - UniqueSKD



Wile E. Coyote decides to try and catch Rainbow Dash

  • ...
9
 243
 3,325

Chapter Eight - Well, It's A Free Meal...

The world was a blur as Wile. E's eyes began to slowly open, but he could make out a wooden ceiling through his hazy vision. So at the very least he was assured that he hadn't finally crossed over into the afterlife. Unless the afterlife was just a warm comfy living room like the one he was in, as he slowly sat up on the couch he was laying on.

Uuuuugh...where...where the heck am I now? Wile E thought to himself. His head began to throb, and he tried to raise his arm to try and soothe the pain, only to find it wrapped in a sling. In fact, most of his body was covered in bandages and casts where his injuries were. What the? Where did this come from?

His answer came in the form of a quiet feminine voice. "Oh! You're awake now. Are you feeling any better?"

Wile. E turned his head towards the doorway, as the little yellow pegasus that he had tried - and failed - to sneak up on earlier walked into the room. On her back, there was a tray holding a plate of bread slices and a bowl of some sort of soupy concoction. She had a sweet and kind smile on her face as she approached the coyote and knelled down near a small table in front of him, allowing the tray of food to slide from her back and onto the table, Wile. E's eyebrow raised all the while.

The pegasus turned to look at Wile. E, stilling sporting her smile. "Are you feeling any better now, big guy?" she asked in the sort of voice a mother would put on when conversing with a baby. "You had quite a nasty bump on your head. You should stay here and rest for a while until you're feeling better. Would you like your pillows fluffing? Some soft cozy blankets or anything, Mr Coyote?"

Wile. E just frowned, not at all liking the way this would-have-been-dinner winged horse was talking to him. She spoke to him as if she were a mother talking down to a child, and Wile. E did not appreciate it at all. However, the smell of the soup wafted towards his nose, and as he caught its scent, his stomach began to grumble as a reminder of his hunger, and his mouth began to salivate in turn. He looked down at the food on the table for a moment, and then back to the mare, who noted his questioning face.

"Oh, it's just a bowl of plain old tomato soup I keep on hoof," she explained while still wearing her cheery smile. "If it's not your sort of thing, I can have a look around for something else that you might like if you want." Wile. E looked down at the tomato soup, then back to the pegasus, before taking the spoon and scooping up some of the fluid. Eyeing the smiling horse one last time, the coyote put his lips to the spoon and slurped some of the soup.

The taste struck him like an ACME anvil dropped from a thousand feet above. It was wonderful. Wile. E threw his spoon aside and quickly bought the bowl to his mouth, downing the rest of its content in one gulp. Smacking his lips, he held the now empty bowl to the surprised pegasus, looking at her with pleading puppy eyes.

It took a second for the pony to register what he wanted, "Oh, would you like some more tomato soup, Mr Coyote?" she asked sweetly. Wile. E nodded his head furiously in response. The pony giggled and took the bowl into her hooves. "You're an excitable one, aren't you? Okay then, another serving coming right up then!"

Wile. E gave a toothy grin as the little pony fluttered into the next room. Stretching out his arms, he relaxed himself into the couch with a smile. Well, I suppose things worked out well after all. Seeing how this strange horse with the butterfly butt is so willing to give me food for nothing, I think I can put catching that blasted bird on hold for a little while...

Author's Note:

Looks like things are looking up for ol' Wile. E now, eh? It's a shame someone's going to spoil everything for him in the next chapter.