• Published 21st Mar 2015
  • 3,326 Views, 243 Comments

The Dash and the Furry-ous - UniqueSKD



Wile E. Coyote decides to try and catch Rainbow Dash

  • ...
9
 243
 3,326

Chapter Five - Wile E BEAR-ly misses dinner...again.

Wile E raked the last pile of dead leaves over the carefully placed rope snare, padding them out so as to cover the whole thing. Once he was done disguising his trap and doubling-checking his handiwork, he produced a carrot from behind his back. Waggling his eyebrows at the person reading this story, he cautiously placed the carrot in the center of the pile of dead leaves, and tiptoed away to hide behind a nearby tree.

The coyote's stomach growled, prompting him of the meal he had lost back in Chapter Two. I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling rainbow thing, he thought angrily. He peeked out to keep watch for anything that would come along to take the bait. Well, let's just leave it in the past and focus on the present.

He crouched down to conceal himself better as he spotted another bunny hopping along. From the corner of its tiny eyes, a flash of orange brought its attention to the nice juicy carrot. The bunny eyed the vegetable hungrily, and looked around to see if anything was lurking nearby that might try to keep him from claiming it. Not spotting the coyote observing him close by, the bunny rubbed its paws in glee and hopped towards the carrot.

And speaking of 'presents', I do believe I'm about to get one gift-wrapped, Wile E thought as he gave a toothy grin.

A cringe worthy sigh from the reader sounded behind Wile E. He turned his head to the reader with a frown, as he held up a sign which read, Oh shuddup. A line like that was funny back in my day. He threw the sign away and turned his attention back to the bunny.

It was taking a few cautious tiny hops towards the bait.

It stopped a few meters away and looked around for danger.

Wile E's eyes narrowed wickedly as he licked his lips.

It hopped a little closer towards the bait.

It took one last look at its surroundings, just to double-check.

It hopped even closer to the bait.

A bit of saliva dripped from Wile E's mouth.

The bunny hopped even closer to the bait than before.

The reader was getting bored with the suspense and just wanted the darn thing to take the carrot already.

The bunny picked up the carrot and began gnawing happily away at it.

Right there in the middle of the trap.

Which hadn't triggered.

Like, at all.

Wile E blinked a couple of times in disbelief and his hungry drool immediately stopped oozing. My dinner should be suspended above the ground by its feet right now! Why isn't it? I set the snare up perfectly! This is the most basic and thoroughly tested hunting technique ever devised!

Wile E face-palmed, dragging his hand down his face. Oh forget it, I'll just get the darn thing myself! he thought. With that, Wile E leaped out from behind the tree, landing behind the bunny with a thud.

The little creature instantly turned around and squeaked in fright at the sight of the coyote looming over it.

You're mine, you screwy rabbit! Wile E gave a menacing toothy smile, and dived straight at his prey.

But the rabbit quickly hopped back just mere inches of the coyote's grasp. It landed outside of the area of dead leaves which were covering the net, and Wile E having missed his target just so happened to land straight in the center of the pile.

Immediately Wile E's world flipped upside-down as the rope coiled around his ankle and hoisted him up in the air, bouncing up and down like as if he were on a bungee jump cord. He flailed his arms wildly in panic. Gah! Curse you Looney Tune universal logic! the coyote's thoughts seethed with rag e as he tried to lean himself up to reach the rope holding his leg, but to no avail. Defeated, he gave in and allowed himself to simply sway left to right, right to left.

His eyes glanced over at the rabbit, who blew a raspberry at him. It then turned around and shook its small fluffy tail at him before bounding off into the woods, leaving the still hungry, but even angrier-than-before coyote to, for the sake of a joke, 'hang around'.

This is so humiliating! I can't catch flightless bird, and I can't even catch simple bunnies! How can this get any worse?

A growling sound was his answer. Slowly turning his head to the side, Wile E's eyes shrunk to the size of pinpricks as he gazed into the black threatening eyes of a very large bear-like creature with dark blue fur. The large star-shaped marking on its head, along with the similar though smaller markings dotted around its body, gave the appearance of a starry night sky.

Or rather in this case, a starry night sky on legs that was getting ready to maul a helpless scrawny coyote.

Wile E's face and ears drooped. He gulped loudly, and pulled out a sign from hammerspace just as the bear raised a very sharp set of claws over him.

Have a heart, folks. Please just skip to the next chapter, the sign read.

Author's Note:

Next chapter, we shall go back to Rainbow Dash and Roadrunner, while Wile E tried to talk things out with the Ursa Minor.

Assuming he will still be in one piece by the time we go back to him, that is...