• Published 21st Mar 2015
  • 3,327 Views, 243 Comments

The Dash and the Furry-ous - UniqueSKD



Wile E. Coyote decides to try and catch Rainbow Dash

  • ...
9
 243
 3,327

Chapter Three - Dashie through the woods...

Rainbow Dash looked down at the massive forest beneath her as she glided above. Despite previous ventures into the Everfree Forest with her friends, she had never actually properly explored the place, mostly for the good reason being that the area was home to many dangerous creatures and wildlife. But where there was danger, there was excitement, and Rainbow Dash, naturally being a pony who would take excitement over boredom any day of any week of any month of any year of any century, was willing to take the risk.

Besides, if she did come across anything she couldn't handle - not that she couldn't handle anything, being the one of the most, if not the most awesome pony in all of Equestria - she was more than fast enough to get out of there.

The trees in this part look pretty thick. Could be hard to push through if I wanna get in or out in a hurry. If I'm gonna do this, I'll need someplace to land, Rainbow Dash thought to herself.

From the corner of her eyes, Rainbow Dash spotted a small open clearing to her right. "Hey, there's a place I can land," Rainbow Dash said. She veered to the side and headed towards the clearing, hovering above the small area and looking around for signs of danger before allowing herself to drop down and land upon the grassy floor.

Rainbow Dash folded her wings and looked at her surroundings. The Everfree Forest looked huge from above, but on ground level the trees just seemed to go on and on forever. So far, nothing big or scary had leaped out of the darkness of the thickets to gobble her up, so things seemed alright so far. Perhaps the excitement would be a little further into the forest? Breathing in, Rainbow Dash put her hoof forward and disappeared amid the trees.

She strolled through the forest, listening to the sounds of wildlife chirping and chattering all around her. Various plants and flowers of a myriad of colors and sizes lay out at her sides, their sweet aromas tickling her nose. The forest was plentiful of life and - oh holy sweet Celestia, was all of this so boring!

"What gives?" Rainbow Dash said loudly, throwing her hoof in the air in annoyance. "Where's all the dangerous animals and flesh-eating plants? Where's all the gloomy and doomy atmosphere?" This looked nothing like the Everfree Forest that she remembered visiting on previous occasions. This area looked beautiful, but Rainbow Dash wasn't here for the beauty. She wanted danger and adventure, anything remotely exciting to get rid of the boredom that had led her here to begin with.

She kicked a small stone by her hoof into some bushes as she grunted. "Great. The one time I actually want to be in danger and not even the scary forest can do that!" Rainbow Dash sulked. She turned around with an unsatisfied expression. "I guess I might as well go home and..."

Rainbow Dash was interrupted as something suddenly raced past her, blowing her rainbow mane from the force. Leaves and small twigs followed after, some of which were blown into Rainbow Dash's face. Caught off-guard by what had happened, a few moments passed by before the pegasus blinked a couple of times and returned to reality.

"What in the wide world of Equestria was that just now?" she squealed. She turned around instinctively to see what had flew past her with such speed, only to be met with a beak and a pair of eyes up close to her face. Rainbow Dash screamed and fell on to her back. Looking up in panic, her stress dissolved into confusion as she locked gazes with a strange bird-like creature she had never seen before in her life.

The creature tilted its head, its beak curving into a smirk. It seemed to be studying Rainbow Dash, sizing her up and noting her appearance.

There was an awkward silence between pony and bird that was eventually broken when Rainbow Dash found her voice and spoke up. "Er...hi there?" she asked, raising a hoof in a friendly gesture.

The creature stared at her for a few moments longer. Then it stuck its tongue out at her, and jumped up and down excitedly. "Meep! Meep!" it called out, before racing off into the forest at great speed. The woodland critters that had been frightened off earlier and were just cautiously coming back were scared away once again as the creature zig-zagged between the trees.

Rainbow Dash stared after the creature in confusion, unsure of what had just happened. What kind of creature was that? Never before had she ever heard of anything like it in her life. It wasn't dangerous at least, that much Rainbow Dash could assure herself. If it was, it would have harmed her rather than run off like that.

Speaking of running though...whatever that creature was, it ran pretty quick. Like, really quick. Like, 'so quick that it might be really cool to race it' quick.

And if something could move that fast, Rainbow Dash was the pony who had to race it.

Rainbow Dash smirked. "Maybe this won't be boring after all," she said to herself as her wings flared out and began flapping speedily, the pegasus mare quickly shooting off through the trees after the mysterious speedy bird creature...thing.

Author's Note:

Not a great chapter, yes. But I've finally managed to write something for this story, so I'm happy with it.

So yeah. Rainbow Dash and Wile E shenanigans after this now.