• Published 21st Mar 2015
  • 3,327 Views, 243 Comments

The Dash and the Furry-ous - UniqueSKD



Wile E. Coyote decides to try and catch Rainbow Dash

  • ...
9
 243
 3,327

Chapter Four - Rainbow Dash VS The Roadrunner

Rainbow Dash bobbed and weaved in between the branches of the trees as she pursued the Roadrunner through the Everfree Forest. Up ahead, the Roadrunner quickly side stepped around an incoming tree before turning its head around to look back at the rainbow-maned horse with wings that was flying after it.

"Whoa!" Rainbow Dash said impressed. "You're pretty quick on your legs. You'd give everypony a run for their bits at the next Running of the Leaves race, that's for sure." But how quick are your legs against totally awesome wing power? she pondered.

The Roadrunner locked eyes with her for a few moments before sticking its tongue out at her and crying 'Meep, meep!'. It then spun around and darted further into the seemingly endless forest.

Rainbow Dash cocked her head to the side puzzled. This thing sure acted weird. At least not on the same level as Pinkie Pie. Still, as the most competitive and awesome mare in all of Equestria who never backed down from a challenge, Rainbow Dash gave a smirk. "So now you're taunting me, huh?" she shouted after it. "Okay then, I'll up my game if that's what you want"

She began to put more power into her wing flaps. The Roadrunner may have been quick, but Rainbow Dash was the fastest flyer in all of Equestria, and there was no way in Celestia and Luna's names she was going to be bested by some flightless ground bird thing. Rainbow kept her eyes on her opponent, only looking away to watch out for incoming obstacles. She flew over and under more tree branches as she slowly began to gain up on the Roadrunner.

"I've got you now, birdy," Rainbow Dash grinned as she steadily got close enough that she could have reached a hoof out and touched the Roadrunner's tail feathers.

Or at least Rainbow Dash would have been able to, if the Roadrunner hadn't suddenly came to a complete halt. Rainbow Dash shot straight past it, and she quickly shot a glance over her shoulder at her opponent.

"Huh? Why'd you stop?" Rainbow Dash wondered aloud. Was it giving up? Was it suddenly tired or something?

She saw the Roadrunner lift one of its legs and use its talons to point at something ahead of herself. Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow, and turned her head back around in time...


THWACK!

...to greet the gnarled bark of a dead tree trunk face first, hard and personal.

Pulling her muzzle away from the tree, the taste of decayed wood on her tongue, Rainbow Dash's world became a dizzy blur. Several Roadrunners ran circles around her head crying their 'meep meep's'.

"Oooooh...did anypony get the number plate of that Jeremy Clarkson?" Rainbow Dash mumbled in her daze before peeling away completely from the tree and falling flat on her back upon the ground. Her imaginary Roadrunners scattered off into nothingness as her eyes started to close, save for the one that stood over her, head cocked to one side and looking down at the pegasus with concern.

Author's Note:

Yeah shorter chapter, I know, but I've recently just found an interest for writing stuff again. Let me take my baby steps before I start walking with the big boys and girls of fanfiction again, okay?

Besides, I was gonna disregard this story altogether, but I'm such a nice person that I decided not to. Because that's what a hero does; s/he considers YOUR needs first.

Thank Lady Faust for me. And thank god for Jim Sterling while you're at it.