• Published 3rd Mar 2015
  • 873 Views, 50 Comments

A Common Cold - Versity2003



It started out as a common cold... but it changed... and it changed everypony.

  • ...
5
 50
 873

VI. Sweetie?

"S-Sweetie belle? Are you okay?!" Rarity panicked. Sweetie belle looked around as she opened her eyes, the room she was in was mostly white and clean... well except for her. She was missing an arm and her face was covered in blood. She had a bandage wrapped around her waist. What was this place? Oh- it was a hospital. great. "oh, you're alive... a-are you okay?" Rarity asked.

"Why does it matter?" Sweetie belle snarled back, sure she was in pain but a hospital is just an awful place to be. "I'm still mad, you know. This is the last place I'd want to kill you at.

"W-what?! Kill ME? You could have died! I saved you!" Rarity burst out, "That was rather reckless! Wait- oh my... could this be..." She trailed off.

"Be what?" Sweetie belle glared, "Wait- I don't care. Now, if you'd excuse me, I have to go pee." Sweetie belle struggled to get out of the bed, and hobbled her way out of the room.

"Wait! Sweetie belle? Come back! I fear your lo- oh its no point... She can't hear me now..." At that moment Dr. Medicine walked into the room. He was holding a clipboard with his magic, suddenly he dropped the clipboard, his eyes widened, and he turned to Rarity.

"Wh-What, WHAT?! Where is the patient? Where did she go?!" He yelled.

Rarity looked back and blinked a bit, "She went to the bathroom?" She squeaked nervously. Sweetie belle might not have ACTUALLY gone to the bathroom, but she didn't want to sound like she unleashed a potentially insane filly to the public. Dr. Medicine just looked at her in awe. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but closed it and just ran out of the room. Meanwhile sweetie belle had just ran out of the hospital.

"Stupid rarity... putting me in the hospital" She stopped for a moment looking back, "I-I know, I'll just go to apple bloom's! She won't go all crazy and take me back to that stupid hospital!" She looked around getting her bearings, before running off towards sweet apple acres. Eventually, she made to the her friends house. "I don't think I can just walk right in... considering the fact that i'm missing an arm and have blood on my face." She tilted her head, making apple bloom's window come into sight. "Maybe I can just-" She thought out loud as she put all of her effort into lifting herself. Her whole body glowed a light lime as she hovered off the ground a bit. "Oh well what do you know?" She smiled, "I'm flying! Whee- ah!" the filly fell to the ground hitting her back. It stung a little bit, but her back did have a bandage on it so it might have been padded a bit. "Thats probably going to bruise. Oh well, never stop trying!" She lifted herself up again, but failed once more. "You know what? I think I'll just use the door." She walked back to the front door and used a bit of magic to pick the lock. She'd gotten far better at walking with three legs, and didn't really need to limp at this point. She trotted her way in and closed the door behind her. She made her way through the hallways without anyone noticing. "Where is everypony?" She whispered. Eventually she made her way over to apple bloom's room and opened the door. The yellow filly was sitting at her desk in silence. "Uhh- Hi Apple bloom! I like what you did to the walls, is that new wall paper? I always figured this room would look nice if it were red..." Sweetie said. Silence. "Perhaps we could turn on the light?" She flicked on the light switch and saw a red lump by apple bloom's bed. "Uhh whats this? A new blanket or something?" Still silence. She walked closer to it and saw that it wasn't a red pile of blanket. "Is this Big Mac?" She said poking the lump of corpse. Apple bloom turned around and nodded. The yellow filly was smiling, her face also covered in blood. "Why are you so quiet?" Sweetie asked. Apple bloom pointed at her smile, still as wide as ever. Upon closer inspection Sweetie belle saw that the filly's mouth was sewn shut. "Oh- I guess that why it feels like I'm the only one who's talk-" She paused since her stomach was growling, "You know I'm kind of hungry. Do you have any apple snacks?" Apple Bloom pointed to the lump of corpse."Eh, it's food." Sweetie belle shrugged as she walked over to the corpse as she began chewing on it. "It's not that bad actually, I mean- don't knock it till you try it...."

Author's Note:

Hey ^w^ It's been awhile, I've just been busy with life and dragons on flight rising. Still hope the pacing isn't off, but you guys can tell me if it's fine or not. :pinkiehappy: Anyway I may or may not update it more frequently now.