• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 10,595 Views, 911 Comments

The Completely Normal Pet of Spike the Dragon - DauntedSuperior



Spike, in his spare time that seemed abundant in the past few months, has been keeping a secret from Twilight. That secret's name is Scruffy, the completly normal, mundane, and in no way special, little black kitty... If only that were true.

  • ...
22
 911
 10,595

One Sharp Dressed Kitty

Everyone, at one point in their life, has had that moment. The moment that they look back on and think, ‘That was awesome.’ then take a drink of whatever they had on hand. For me, it was after Spike and I were taken to Rarity’s work room and she made me one particular outfit.

Apparently when she is ‘in the zone’ any idea tossed at her could end up in her work. Spike and I found this out when he tossed out some wrestler's name and Rarity rolled with it.

It wasn’t even much, something she threw together in the back of her mind with her magic. She had zapped my face with magic and I felt something grow. I didn’t have time to see what it was before I had a red sleeveless shirt suddenly on me.

Rarity had begun to sing and Spike watched her with love struck eyes while I looked at myself in the mirror. The thing on my face was a blond, handlebar mustache. On the shirt was the word, ‘Hulkamania’...

I stole a quick glance at the other two in the room, making sure I wasn’t being watched. My tail helped me keep my balance as I stood on my two hind legs and looked into the mirror. Another quick glance and I started striking poses.

‘Manliest kitty ever right here.’

After a solid two minutes of poses, my hair stood on end as somepony coughed behind me. Immediately I dropped down onto all fours once more and turned to the culprit, letting out a small innocent meow as I did so.

The other two in the room I had forgotten about were both looking at me. Spike with a raised eyebrow and trying to hold back a laugh. Rarity was the exact opposite.

If I looked close enough, I could of swore that she had actual sparkles in her eyes, “You can pose!” Rarity put emphasis on every word, “This is amazing! So many ideas, so little time!”

A quick two snips and I lost my mustache. For a few seconds I was sad, before she gave me a pair of shades! The shirt was turned white and a black leather jacket was put on me to go with it.

Thoughts about it being real or synthetic were thrown out the window as Rarity styled the fur on top of my head. I don’t know how she did it, but I looked exactly like a fifties greaser, or my friend Butch from a past life... or Fonzie.

All of this happened so fast I barely caught sight of Opal glaring at me from outside the room. Really wish I would've missed the obvious death threat as she took her paw across her throat...

‘Should I be worried?’ I thought as Opal walked back out of sight, ‘I’ve taken on demons and I'm scared of a cat?... Wait I've taken on demons? Cool.’

With a sudden intervention from Rarity, the thoughts of Opal were pushed out of my head. There were so many poses struck and outfits that were tried out that, by the end of the experience, I think I had an outfit for everything.

Seriously, the room we were in looked like a war had just happened. One with nothing but spoils afterwards and the only casualty seemed to be Rarity’s mane style. It looked awful and that was the nicest way to put it.

Sad fact was though, most of them were forgotten in my poor memory and rush of the moment. Didn’t forget the Opal thing though, was gonna have to watch out for that.

“Oh dear.” the now best pony Rarity said as she looked around at all the outfits she had made me, “I’ve had strokes of inspiration before, but this was amazing.” ‘Yeah, it was.’ “Though, it has put me at a bit of a problem.”

“What’s wrong? All the stuff you made looks fantastic! I’m sure you’ll make a lot of bits off them.” Spike said as I jumped off the stage and on to his head. Sadly I had not even a strip of cloth to use as a bandana.

“I’m afraid not Spike. One cannot simply start making a completely different line of fashion. I don’t even know anypony in the pet fashion ring of whom I could sell to.” Rarity stared back at all the clothes I had just worn, “While this has been a fun experience it’s really just a waste of fabric and a refining of my skills on a smaller scale...”

“... How much?” Spike said as I started to get my hopes up for the clothes.

“Oh Spike, you’ve helped out quite a bit around here in the past and I’m sure you will in the future too...” Rarity said with a smile, “Not to mention Scruffy’s had a sad look ever since he took off his last ensemble and he just perked right up when you asked for a price.”

Her horn lit up with magic again and I watched as a white tuxedo levitated out of the pile. A few seconds later and Rarity was buttoning the last button. Looking in the mirror, I looked just like Indiana Jones from the beginning of ‘The Temple of Doom’ red flower and everything.

“So you can just take them all with you when you leave.” my jaw practically on the floor and Spike was having trouble trying to speak. This went on as Rarity began to very neatly pack the rest of the clothes into a sack. I was the first to recover from my shock.

I jumped down from my perch on Spike’s head and sat down by her front right roof. Then I started purring while I leaned onto her hoof. Rarity stopped what she was doing and looked down at me.

Her face softened as she picked me up with her magic, “Ah, you’re welcome my wittle Scwuffy Wuffy.”

‘Could live without the baby talk, but I'm so happy I don't care!’ I mentally shouted as Spike finally started coming around behind me.

Spike hugged Rarity just as she put me down next to the bag full of clothes and... ‘Wait... how did she make the sunglasses? And some of the clothes on display out front had pieces of metal, how did she-’ my inner musings were interrupted by the ring of a bell.

Spike let go of Rarity while she walked towards the stairs, “Hello and-”

“It’s just me Rarity.” Sweetie's voice called back up.

“Oh perfect! Sweetie, come up here and look at all the cute outfits I made for Scruffy.” Rarity called back while rushing to me. The sound of Sweetie’s hoof steps quickly ascended the stairs before she came into the room.

“Ooo, can I see them, can I see them?” Sweetie asked before she saw me, "Daww, he's so cute!" seemed to freeze, “Wait, Rarity is this what you’ve been doing all day?”

“What do you mean ‘all day’? Why it’s only-five thirty!?” Rarity exclaimed before running out of the room, “It’s been fun everypony, but I gotta go. Goodbye!” she yelled from downstairs.

All three of us just stared after her as we heard the sound of the downstairs door bell ring and the door shutting. Spike was the first to speak up, “You think she-”

“Realizes her mane is more messed up than the poison joke incident?” Sweetie finished for him.

“Yeah.” Spike said with a small chuckle.

“Not a chance.” Sweetie finished quickly before they both bursted out laughing. Meanwhile I had jumped into the bag, looking for the sunglasses, ‘Or a fedora if can find one. I could be like a mob boss.’

“After I get my cape, do you want to come with me to Sugarcube Corner?” Sweetie asked, “I-I mean it’s-... ah, the place we’re meeting up at before we go to the castle.”

No questions were asked as she fumbled on the second sentence, I already knew the reason. I focused on the name, ‘Sugarcube Corner? I really hope spike goes there. Then I can get free cookies!... Wow I'm greedy. Gonna have to work on that... later though.’

“I’ve got to get all these clothes, and Scruffy, back to the tree castle, but how about I meet you there?” Spike said as he lifted the bag of clothes.

“I thought Scruffy was coming with?” Sweetie asked while I moved aside some kind of sultan get up.

“That was before I knew we were investigating the Castle of the Two Sisters. I would never take Scruffy into the Everfree. He’s just an adventurous, little kitty after all.” Spike said as he picked up the bag, jostling me for a moment.

‘Don't mean I'm not going to follow you.’ I thought as I pushed a kimono out of the way... ‘Aren't girls the ones who wear kimonos? How much of what I just tried on was for women!?’

My mental cries of confusion were never answered though as Spike and Sweetie exchanged goodbyes. Very carefully, I started to actually look at some of the clothes that were now mine.

There were only a few, but it was still more dresses than I cared to admit, ‘And I tried all these on!? Gonna have to get rid of the evidence. Don't need to give Angel any ammunition for insults.’ the bell above the door rang as Spike walked out with me resuming my search for the sunglasses.

‘Good thing no one beside Rarity and Spike saw me getting dressed up. That would have been a disaster.’