• Published 28th Feb 2015
  • 1,003 Views, 10 Comments

My Secret Garden - Blondlionezel



I take in a cute girl named Sonata Dusk, and show her around my magical garden.

  • ...
5
 10
 1,003

My Secret Garden

I looked around my old, brick house. It was filled with odd furniture and weird curios from around the world. I looked on my watch, and it read 3:00 pm. I heard a knock on the door, and decided to upon go see who had come to visit me. I went up to the door, opened the door, almost exposing my green thumb, and I was surprised with what I saw standing in the doorway.

It was a girl with blue skin, red eyes, a thin figure and a very strange hairstyle. Her clothes appeared to very nice, however, they quite tattered, as if they had been ripped to shreds by something. Her eyes shined like a bright, plump Red Delicious, her blue hair as amazing as blue roses.

“Please help me...” The strange girl asked.

“Who are you?” I asked the strange but oddly beautiful girl.

“My name is Sonata Dusk...” Sonata Dusk introduced herself, “Do you have any place where I can stay?”

“Of course” I responded happily, “My garden home is open to all those who want to stay.

“For realizes?” Sonata Dusk asked me.

“I’d be more than willing to let someone stay in beloved home” I responded.

“Thank you!” Sonata Dusked thanked me with glee as she hugged me tight. She felt oddly cold, though I didn’t think anything of it. I sensed that she needed someone to care about her.

“No problem” I responded.

A few minutes later, I was showing Sonata Dusk around my house.

“I live by myself, so I’m able to do what I like” I told Sonata Dusk, as she looked around my house, “What happened to your family?”

“Well...when I was born, my mother died after childbirth and my father left us to die” Sonata Dusk informed me nervously, “My two sisters blamed me for my mothers death”

“Yikes...I don’t actually know my parents too...” I told her about my past.

“So what do you do all by yourself?” Sonata Dusk asked me. I was more than happy to show her.

“Come with me. May I show you my garden?” I asked Sonata Dusk, she responded by nodding her head and following me.

I took her out to my garden and she gasped at what she saw. There were many different flowers, about 400,000 varieties, such as Tulips and Roses. The sunflowers grew to about 12 feet, and they attracted large butterflies and bees.

“Wow!” Sonata Dusk exclaimed, her eyes lighting up, “This place is so beautiful! How much work do you have to do to keep this garden so..well...beautiful?”

“It takes a special kind of magic to keep a garden beautiful” I confidently said as I showed her my green thumb.

“Why is your thumb green?” Sonata Dusk asked me.

“I’ll show you” I told Sonata Dusk. I looked at a small patch of dirt, breathed in, and touched the dirt patch with my green thumb. As soon as my thumb left the dirt patch, Pansies and Poppies, each having a different color, grew in that patch of dirt. Sonata Dusk’s jaw dropped.

“That was so cool!” Sonata Dusk exclaimed, but soon stopped as her stomach began to growl.

“I guess you’re hungry?” I asked Sonata Dusk.

“Yeah...” Sonata Dusk answered, “I haven’t anything to eat since...that day...”

“Do you want me to grow us a snack?” I asked Sonata Dusk, preparing a new spot of dirt.

“Yes, please” Sonata Dusk requested. I breathed in, pressed my thumb on the ground, and as soon as thumb left the ground, a Kiwi tree quickly grew, and fresh Kiwis appeared on the trees branches. I quickly pulled two Kiwis off the trees branches.

“Want one?” I offered. Sonata Dusk looked at the Kiwifruit, and then took a bite. A huge smile arched from one part of her face to the other.

“It’s so delicious!” Sonata Dusk exclaimed, gobbling the Kiwifruit up.

“Well, would you like to continue our little walk through my garden?” I offered. She nodded her head, more excitedly than last time.

We had reached the carnivorous plants section of my garden. Sonata Dusk looked a Venus Flytrap, tapping the top of it with her finger, which caused it to open it’s mouth, causing her to scream and run to me.

“That thing wants to eat me!” Sonata Dusk exclaimed in a frightened tone.

“Don’t worry, those only eat pesky insects, like right now” I pointed to Venus Flytrap, which had captured a mosquito and was now eating it.

“Wow...that was actually pretty cool” Sonata Dusk blushed as I held her in my arms.

After our little experience in the Carnivorous Plants Garden, we walked into my aquatic garden. There were three large ponds, filled with Lily Pads and stocked with a variety of fish and frogs. Sonata Dusk looked into a pond, watching a Grass Carp eat a bunch of algae.

“Why are you letting that fish eat the algae?” Sonata Dusk asked me confused.

“They help me keep the algae under control” I informed her, “His name is Percy”

Sonata Dusk was definitely ignoring me, I could tell she was looking at her reflection of herself in the pond.

“Do you think I look pretty?” Sonata Dusk asked me, with small tears in her eyes. Her eyes still shined like a bright Red Delicious.

“Yes, I think you are very pretty” I told her as I held her hands causing her to blush.

“Thank you...no one’s ever told me that...” Sonata Dusk blushed, giving me a quick hug. Her body still felt cold, but I didn’t care. Her adorableness warmed her up.

“Anyways, shall we go to the final part of my garden?” I asked Sonata Dusk.


“Yes, I would love to” Sonata Dusk responded.

We walked to the final section of my special garden. I checked out my watch, and it read 7:50 pm. The final part of my garden was a Moon Garden, filled with white flowers. At the end there was a small gazebo, perfect for a moon viewing.

“Why is there all white flowers here?” Sonata Dusk asked me.

“The white flowers reflect the moons light, brightening the white flowers” I answered, watching the moon begin to rise. As soon as the iridescent moon began to shine it’s light, the white lilies and tulips almost seemed to glow.

“Wow! It’s so amazing!” Sonata Dusk exclaimed, sitting down on the gazebo bench. I sat down next to her as she wrapped her arm on my shoulder.

“You’re as beautiful as the moon, fully lit at night” I told Sonata Dusk, causing her to blush.

“So...do you love me?” Sonata Dusk asked me, looking deep into my eyes.

“Yes...” I happily responded.

“For realizes?” Sonata Dusk asked one last time. I nodded, and we embraced in the moon’s glow. This day was about to blossom into the flower of love.

(The End)

Author's Note:

This was my first time writing a romance, so please feel free to give me any pointers! :twilightsmile: I hope you enjoyed my romance story!

Comments ( 10 )

If you're planning on writing romance, I think one strong suit you displayed was balancing humor with heart. With an author x Sonata Dusk story, it's really best not to take yourself too seriously. I'd like to see what you could do with a longer story since this is a little short, especially considering "you" and Sonata confess your love for each other by the end of the day.

5679618 Thank you for the feedback! Romance isn't usually my strong suit.

Very cute, I'll admit. But the romance does seem really rushed. They've only known each other for a day and already they love each other. You need to give it time before they officially get together.

5680331 Thank you for your feedback!

“Why are you letting that fish eat the algae?” Sonata Dusk asked me confused.
“They help me keep the algae under control” I informed her, “His name is Percy”

Percy Jackson's ultimate fate.

5681144
The fish is named Percy, and Percy Jackson is the son of Poseidon. The entire series, he is threatened to be turned into an aquatic animal of some sort.

Well, that escalated quickly. Nice story, quite cute.

That was really well written but waaay too short, Needs more detail.

Login or register to comment