• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 360 Views, 10 Comments

SINGULARITY - melon21



a regular old soldier in the Aussie army finds a neat little rock inside a crater that gives him the ability to travel to equstria

  • ...
8
 10
 360

The job

Meanwhile, Twilight and her friends decided to give up looking, and went back to their homes to rest or to work.

Whilst I, not knowing what was happening, finally found the town hall.

As I entered the town hall, I looked around to find the front desk or something.
eventually I find it and ask the receptionist, who eyes me with curiosity, how much it would cost to buy a house.
"A house costs 2,000 bits, and - if you dont mind me asking - what exactly are you?" She says, looking about as puzzled at my appearance as I am of hers.
"Well im a human -- but you probably have never heard of a human, so it makes sense that you would ask that question." I answer, feeling more awkward as the words rushed out of my mouth.

I take the gold 'bits' out of my pocket and count them out; I have about 150 or so 'bits'. I mutter to myself "Damn... I really do need to get a job."
I ask the receptionist where I can find a job. "I think there is an opening at Sugar Cube Corner. I'm not QUITE sure, but it would be a great place to start..." She answers, rather surprised at my change of reason for being there.
I thank her and procede to leave the town hall to head towards the town centre. After losing my way a couple times, I ask someone - somepony? I honestly dont know.
They point me in the direction of Sugar Cube Corner and then say "It's hard to miss." so I walk off, looking for something extremely hard to miss and suddenly, I see it.
"Well colour me pink and call me a rather unique Japanese treat, there is no way you could miss this lump of diabetes inducing sugar." I mutter as my eyes are met with the treat sales establishment.
I walk inside and wait in line to go to the register.
Many of the ponies stared at me and got out of my way because they obviously feared me. But, for some strange reason, the pink fuzzball of energy at the counter didn't seem to mind me being there. If anything, she seemed happy to see me.
"Welcome to sugar cube corner! What can I get ya?" She said in a high pitched, joyful tone. She wore a smile so large, I swore she was possessed or something.
"Well I'm looking for a job and I heard that you may have an opening...?" I said, nervously.

"We do have an opening but--" her words were cut off when she saw me. gasping and hanging in mid air for longer than is pyhsically possible for a pony or human to do, then she zipped away at the speed of sound. (I think we might have a world record setter over here...)
I was left confused at the counter but another pastel pony came and took fuzzball's place.
"Don't mind her, dear. She does this sometimes. So I heard you wanted a job?" She said. Apparently ignoring the fact I was a human and not a pony.
"Yes, I would like a job."

"Well then you can clean the kitchen. its a mess in there, I will pay you of course, how does 100 bits sound?"

"It's not enough but I can do it" I thought to myself. "Sure, that's fine." I said to the slightly chubby baker.

"Great! I won't delay you so just go through this door, grab a mop and start cleanin'!"
As I entered through the door to the kitchen, I picked up a mop and took a look around. A mess? This place looks like a bomb went off in the flour bag.
With an ungratefully long SIGH, I got to work cleaning the floors.

Author's Note:

back in bidness.