• Published 27th Feb 2015
  • 360 Views, 10 Comments

SINGULARITY - melon21



a regular old soldier in the Aussie army finds a neat little rock inside a crater that gives him the ability to travel to equstria

  • ...
8
 10
 360

The Ring.

We arrive at outpost Echo around 12:30 am. It is dark... very dark. We all climb out of the truck and I start heading towards the barracks to hopefully get some rest until my next shift. The barracks aren't too bad, but they aren't good either.
I describe it as “not too much space but I can make it work.”

Placing my stuff beside the bed I take out the rock and examine it; it’s still glowing. I keep looking at it for at least 10 minutes. I put the rock down and lay down on the bed, thinking about what I found. Eventually, I fall asleep.

I wake up the next morning to the Sarge shaking me awake.
“Rise and shine, Ghost.” He says.
I get up and ask him “What’s up Sarge?”

“Time for your shift, Ghost.” Says the Sarge, with an obvious tone of irritance.

“Right.”

I take out my assault rifle and put on my patrolling gear and leave with the Sarge to go get breakfast. After breakfast, we head out to our respective positions near the front gate. After about 2 to 3 hours of nothing happening, I decide to go take a walk, so I tell Sarge and walk off into the bushes.
After making sure I was out of sight, I studied the rock some more. I discover that it is hollow, so I take out my knife and try to cut it open, the rock doesn't open because, I’m using a knife not, say… a hammer.

After our guard shift I go to the tool shed and try to crack the rock. After about 50 or 60 smacks with a hammer, the rock finally cracks open.

On the bottom of the rock, there is a small golden ring. Nothing abnormal about it, besides the fact that it was inside a meteorite.
I, of course - being the perfectly smart person that I am - put the ring on and suddenly there is a bright flash -- think flash bang but times it by 5- and quite suddenly, I appear in a forest.
“Where the fuck did I end up?” I asked aloud, as I looked around the dense shrubbery. “Where ever I am, it’s definitely not Australia...” I say.
Rather accurately, if I must say so myself.

Author's Note:

a little shorter than the first chapter but hopefully you will enjoy stuff actually happening this time. also i saw that new Jurassic world commercial so hyped!