• Published 23rd Feb 2015
  • 2,070 Views, 120 Comments

Avatar: The Last Alicorn. Book 4: Alicorn - Jeweled Pen



Book four of the Avatar series, with Discord free and the story under his control, what danger awaits our heroes?

  • ...
7
 120
 2,070

PreviousChapters Next
Avatar series two voting time

Okay, it looks like the next avatar series will be coming(albeit not for a while). However, it's now time to start voting on what people want to see! Keep in mind this isn't a guaranteed thing since, frankly, I might not have a story I can mold around the selected story. But I will try and at the bare minimum I will make a what-if mini story if one of them has a preference. To vote, either add a comment or private message me. Now, without further ado, the options! All taken from the previous chapter, with their pros and cons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are four avatars: The elements were shattered and the avatar state was broken. That means the power that holds the four elements is shifting. Instead of there being one avatar, there are four, each with their own element. They must try to work together and harness their own powers. Unfortunately, bringing about the powers of the true alicorn may cost three of them their bending, can they really work together, knowing that it may cost them their powers one day?

That one is probably unlikely, since as fun as it would be, I think it would be a better what-if series than the continuation.

Nyx or Snowdrop as the avatar: This was my original idea, since I absolutely adore these characters. Simple, follows the main plotline of the series. Easy peasy. Lots of cameos from other important ponies in the fandom.

The main problem with them is I have to get permission from the fan creators and then if I do the characters wrong, well, it could end up with a lot of backlash. Especially considering the other problems it could make. I also thought the idea of a blind avatar would be, well, nice. All the cameos would really hold the story back in pace, since I'd have to get dozens of permissions, any of which could be taken back at any time if they didn't like how I portrayed their characters.

The avatar was born when Twilight 'died': See, in the series when Aang died, the avatar state was broken. That didn't happen in this series. So my thought was 'what if the next avatar was already around?' As in, born. Twilight could help train him/her, bring about a time of two avatars, they'd have to work together to repair the damage them both existing would create, how would it disturb the spirit world, etc. I even had a plan to have her meet the other avatar in book two, but I decided against it.

This is another not likely one, though I do think it would be interesting. I haven't completely ruled it out, namely since I think I could do a lot with it, as well as use it to show the birth of Harmony(the town.)

Diamond Tiara as the avatar: An avatar who believes she is the best thing ever, spoiled to a brat, yet always compared to the previous avatar who not only saved the world, but managed to tap into powers that no other pony had ever even dreamed of. She has to fix what Discord broke, or risk losing the world a second time. Also, she has to get over herself.

Yeah, this one is the most likely one. I wasn't going to tell who it was originally, but I figured I might as well. I found the idea of Diamond Tiara as an avatar and suddenly having the world thrust on her shoulders to be an interesting story. I feel I can really do a lot with her, to develop her as a character. Especially since the only real thing we know about her from the show is 'she's a brat'. But the thing about being a brat is, for most people, they grow out of it. So I want to see where she grows.

Suggested by popular demand(I've had two people request it), the Korra series using Killa97's characters. I'm honestly not sure about this since I'm not familiar with her, but I've had a few people request it already so I'll look into it. Though, it has the same problems as using Nyx/Snowdrop, namely that I would be using another ponies characters. Not to mention apparently those characters are fairly based on set parents for each char, which I'd have to modify to suit the story. But it's possible.

Finally, a fan suggested one: Feel free to add your suggestions in the comments and I'll add them here. Once I've had some voting and decide, I'll post a few preview lines I plan to use for the next book. Have fun.

PreviousChapters Next