• Published 26th Feb 2015
  • 4,397 Views, 99 Comments

A New Stall in the Square - Night Music



A hot dog vendor from New York gets teleported to the market square of Ponyville. And the person behind it? Doesn't care at all.

  • ...
7
 99
 4,397

Shining Armor

Author's Note:

A big thanks to Ekhidna, for allowing me to use his idea for this chapter.
I hope you all like it, I had a time writing it.

It was a good day in Ponyville, just like every other day. Nothing had really happened since Vinnie came into town, which was a little weird. No thieves, no monsters, no nothing. Just peace. And this put the citizens of Ponyville on edge. It was almost everyday that something had gone wrong, and so far, nothing did. And that even put Vinnie on edge, back in New York, you couldn't go a day without something happening, in the bad part of town at least.

As Vinnie stood there serving dogs to the residents of Ponyville, a thought had popped up in his head, "Why do ponies even come here? I get why thestrals do it. But not the ponies." The next pony in line tossed two bits into the jar and asked for a hot dog with just mustard. Vinnie looked at him while he made it and asked.

"Why do ya guys even come here? I thought ponies were like grass eaters, ya know?"

The pony looked at him with his green pupiless eyes and said. "Just a quick meal, instead of going home and making something, they just walk here and boom, food." The stallion took the food into his hoof and began to take a bite into the dog, before he started to speak with a full mouth and say. "Or just waiting in a restaurant for ten minutes, that's what I would imagine, can't think of any other reasons." The stallion swallowed and took his dogs wrapper in mouth and walked away with it.

"Can't argue with that I guess." Vinnie thought as he got the attention of the next pony in line, waiting for the bits to be tossed into the jar before he would take the order and make the dog. Vinnie started to listen in on a conversation that was happening between two other ponies in line.


"Did you hear? A prince is in town, and apparently it's Princess Twilight's brother." A mint green unicorn said before her friend said.

"No way! Princess Twilight has a brother?"

"Yeah! I didn't know that either until I heard it from another friend, who's a friend of Rainbow Dash."

"Royalty huh? I wonder if he would like one of ma dogs." Vinnie thought as he looked down at his hot dog vendor. "No one could resist these things." He thought before handing another pony their hot dog. "On another note, I should probably look into hiring some security, I wonder if this world is like mine. Gonna see if 'Neigh York' is anything like New York back home."


"This was a good day, no ponies had a problem with ma food, hanging with Spike during break was pretty cool, apparentley he's like a little bro to the princess around here." Vinnie said to himself as he sealed everything on his cart and turned to go home, while it was pretty early in the day, it was late enough that ponies had stopped coming outside. Once he locked everything down, he turned to go home and what he saw gave him pause.

Right there, in front of him, was a white unicorn with a two-tone electric blue mane. The stallion was using his magic to hold something. What Vinnie saw made him a tad bit angry, what the unicorn stallion was holding was something Vinnie hoped he would never see in this place. It was a corn dog. Vinnie grabbed the bat from his stall and hid it behind his back as he made his way to the stallion.

"Hey friend! What ya got there?" Vinnie said as he waved and walked closer to the stallion. The stallion stopped mid step and turned towards Vinnie.

"Who me?" The stallion asked as he gstured with a hoof towards himself.

"Yeah you, what ya got there?"

"Oh uhm... It's a corn dog..."

"Mind if I try it? I don't think I've seen one of those around here."

"Sure..." The stallion said as he levitated the corn dog to Vinnie, who proceeded to catch in from the magic and take a bite out of it.

"Why is it sweet?! And this isn't even a dog! Not even meat!" Vinnie swallowed the lie that was called a 'corn dog' and dropped the rest of it.

"Hey! Be careful!" The stallion said as he wrapped the lie in a magic bubble.

"Why do ya gotta eat garbage like that?" Vinnie asked.

"Excuse me?"

Vinnie then picked up the corn dog that was still wrapped in the bubble, tossed it into the air and readied his baseball bat. The next thing that was heard was a large 'crack' before the bubble containing the corn dog, flew away into the distance.

"Good riddance." Vinnie said as he nodded his head.

"Why did you do that?!" The stallion yelled.

"I saved ya from that abomination, where did ya even get that thing?"

"One of the local sweet shops! Why?"

"Just curious."

"So, are you going to pay me back? That was a perfectly good corn dog that you just launched."

"That thing was not good, it wasn't even a dog. You want a dog? I'll give ya one." Vinnie offered.

"You know what? I'm tired, I'm hungry, I don't even care anymore, I'm going." The stallion started to walk away, and as he did Vinnie shouted.

"You'll thank me later!"

Today was a good day for Vinnie, he saved someones life, he sold dogs, he chilled with a friend, nothing had gone wrong. Vinnie turned to walk home, and as he did, he stopped to look at his vendor. As he looked at his vendor, he smiled. Finishing the moment he resumed to walk home. Whistling a tune while he did so.

"Nothing could go wrong."