• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 331 Views, 6 Comments

Ivy Grows Anywhere - IvyBower101



Ivy always fit in everywhere. She never stood out, just melted into the shadows.

  • ...
7
 6
 331

Weed

Having cried herself out, Ivy tried to think up a plan of action. She couldn't not go, Pinkie Pie would hunt her down and find her. She couldn't move again she actually liked this town!

"Ugh, what do I do!"

Firming up her resolve Ivy made a decision. She would go and try to not humiliate herself in front of all the ponies. They probably wouldn't even know she was the star of the party after two minutes. She was after all very forgettable. Strengthened by this new knowledge Ivy decided to do the thing any sensible pony would do. She slept on her decision to help further firm her resolve. Crawling into bed Ivy blew out the candle and tried no to think of her impending doom.


"Ha, Ha, Ha what an idiot."

"Ya, I can't believe she's the star of the party. What a doofus!"

Ivy couldn't believe what she was hearing. What had she done! As if they heard her all the ponies turned their faces to her.

"Nothing!'

They crowed loudly.

"Then why are you saying such mean things!'

Ivy felt close to tears.

"Cause, you don't have to do anything to be an idiot or doofus. It just your personality!"

Acting like they had cracked a joke, the ponies started laughing their heads off.

"Idiot, doofus, stupid!"

Pointing and laughing at her all the ponies started chanting insults.

"No one notices you cause your so stupid and not special! Even your 'Special Talent' isn't even special it's just stupid!"

Ivy just couldn't take it anymore. Crying she started shouting.

"No, it's not true! No! No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo!"


Still shouting 'No!' Ivy woke up wrapped in sheets.

"It was just a dream, just a dream."

Panting heavily from the yell and shock, Ivy walked to the kitchen to get some water. Looking out of the window above the kitchen sink at all the stars, Ivy wondered if she would be able to go to the party after all. She was still scared spitless obviously! Knowing flying would be the only thing that would calm her down, she drained her cup and left out the door. Once outside Ivy took a deep breath before crouching down and shooting up into the sky. Ivy was pretty fast for a Pegasus believe it or not. Swooshing, and Zooming though the air helped Ivy clear her head and let her think straight.

"I really am not a shy pony. I don't know why I'm so scared of the pony anyway. Heck, it sounds fun even. Hmm maybe I will go, it will definitely help my social skills after all."

Still being extremely tired, Ivy decided to finish the night out on a cloud out under the open sky. She knew this would help to further calm her. Finding a nice and squishy cloud, Ivy rolled around on it trying to get comfortable. Finally finding the perfect spot, Ivy drifted off into a peaceful dreamless sleep.


"Hey Miss Ivy. Miss Ivy. IVY!"

Ivy startled awake at the voice of an extremely loud stallion in her ear.

"What! That hurt you know!"

She cried as she sat up. Only to find herself face to face to Thunderlane. Blushing heavily Ivy quickly backed up.

"Sorry."

He said guilty.

"What do you want anyway and why did you have to be so loud!'

Ivy was surprised at how snappish she was being. But in her defense it had been loud and she was resting quite nicely before the rude awakening.

"Well first of all, your in my way and second, you wouldn't wake up."

"Oh well, sorry, but why was I in your way?"

"Well I have to move this cloud and you would have fell off."

"Thank you for that I don't what to splatter on the sidewalk."

"Anytime, and Hey, have you heard about the party Pinkie is holding today at noon for the new pony. She invited everypony to it and it's at Sugercube corner."

"Oh I know, 'cause she holding the party for me."

Ivy hid her faces behind her hooves while he processed this info.

"BWA, HA, HA, HA!"

Thunderlane burst out laughing and started rolling around on the cloud from the strain. Ivy's blushed deepened and she nearly buried herself in the cloud from the shame of it all. Eventually he stopped laughing and sat up. After regaining his breath and whipping away a tear he spoke again.

"Sorry, I couldn't help it that is truly hilarious, You, this shy little thing will have to go though that monster party!"

Regaining her dignity, Ivy started at this comment. She was forgettable but not shy!

"Excuse me I may be forgettable and small but never shy. I resent that comment. hmff!"

"Well would you look at that you have a little fire in your soul, who knew!'

Ivy eyed him with a 'Don't try me' kind of glare. Grinning sheepishly he backed off.

"Okay, okay I won't just please don't hurt me."

He gave her Bambi eyes and added a little whimper. Shaking her head and sighing, Ivy smiled.

"What will I do with you."

"Nothing, I'm already perfect."

He boasted puffing out his chest. She gave him 'The Look'.

"Well not completely perfect."

"That's more like it, but anyway to get back on topic. Yes, i have to go to that party, but you know what I'll be fine you just watch me."

Ivy stomach suddenly let out a loud grumble. Grinning sheepishly she gave a hurried goodbye and flew back to her apartment. Still watching her Thunderlane sat on the cloud and murmured a small phrase.

"Don't worry Ivy I will watch you. Forever and Ever."

Author's Note:

To clarify Thunderlane was being romantic not creepy. That comment was a good thing.:ajsmug: