• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 331 Views, 6 Comments

Ivy Grows Anywhere - IvyBower101



Ivy always fit in everywhere. She never stood out, just melted into the shadows.

  • ...
7
 6
 331

Let Grow Part 1

Sunlight streamed into Ivy's room though the window on the far wall. It grew until finally reaching Ivy's face on the bed. Ivy being shoved a face full of sun, sat up. She woke up a bit disorientated from her long dream the night before. She rubbed her eyes and couldn't figure out what happened before it all came rushing back to her.

"Oh"

She gasped as remembered what she had told Luna. She sighed when she remembered what she had resolved to do.

"That's going to be many times harder than I made it out to be in my dream. And anyway I guess since Luna doesn't even know about my pas-, wait scratch that. Of course she knows. Well if she knows then she knows how hard it will be to stop dwelling in it."

Ivy was having a surprisingly good time arguing with herself. Coming to no conclusion on what to do about the strange dream Ivy hopped out of bed and went to make breakfast. Humming to herself while cooking an omelet that had a delicious aroma, Ivy thought about what she needed to do that day. Since she had just moved to Ponyville she should walk around town getting to know ponies and more importantly orientate herself.

"I could actually talk to ponies instead of just being all brisk and business like."

She as she ate and gathered her bags together. After locking up behind her, something she tended to forget, she flew down the stairs and into the lobby. Surprisingly the receptionist was out already.

"Hmm must be her day off, no matter just gives me an excuse to not speak to anypony yet."

Ivy trotted down the street but instead of going to the market she turned down another street. She had brought a sketch book and pencil to make a map and to take note of the design of Ponyville architecture for future work.

"I suppose I should be looking for work but I doubt there are many jobs for artistic architects around here."

After walking and, sometimes even cantering, down a few streets mapping all of them she found what looked like the central park of Ponyville. Seeing an especially inviting spot by an oak tree, Ivy was leisurely strolling to it when her ears perked up to an odd sound. It sounded like buzzing and it was getting closer. Startled Ivy turned around only;y to come face to face with an oncoming pony riding a scooter. Ivy jumped away narrowly missing the scooter and what looked like a wagon being pulled behind it. The scooter skidded to a halt mere inches from where she previously stood. As the dust cleared and Ivy stopped coughing the rider and wagon occupants removed their helmets revealing the faces of three filly's, a Unicorn, Earth pony, and Pegasus. The Pegasus had a magenta mane, orange coat, and tiny wings. The Unicorn had a mane of two colors pink and purple, with a coat of white, and a cute little horn. The Earth pony had a bright red mane, yellow coat, and a large pink bow on her head. The Pegasus looked over first.

"Oh, I am so sorry! I didn't see you at first and I just couldn't stop!"

Ivy blinked several times to clear her head from the shock before answering.

"No harm done little one you just need to be more careful next time."

"Of course miss, I wouldn't want anymore near death experiences or people would start talk and then Rainbowdash might hear and that would be traumatic!"

At this comment the Unicorn spoke up.

"Scootaloo stop worrying over what Rainbow dash thinks so much and worry about if the poor mare is still in shock."

The Unicorn shook her head in shame before turning to Ivy.

"Now where are my manners you are probably wondering who your almost murders are. I'm Sweetie Belle, the worry wort Pegasus over there is Scootaloo, and this Earth pony beside me is Applebloom."

"Hey there."

"Howdy, Yes I know I have an accent but I'm a farm pony so y'all just have to accept it."

Ivy smiled at Applebloom greeting she always did like rebellious fillies, even though she never was one.

"No worries Applebloom I think it's cute."

Applebloom blushed.

"Aw shucks ma'am, thank you kindly."

Sweetie Belle cleared her throat and tried to take back the thread of conversation.

"Ah well thank Applebloom, but anyway miss as to repay you for that near death experience, just ask and we will grant you any service you require."

All three fillies and gave shining smiles. Ivy smiled back though less grandly.

"Oh thank you little ones but don't worry your heads over it. I'm sure I have everything well in hoof. Now you go play and enjoy this wonderful day."The three fillies smiled at her again and offered their sorry's and thank you's before waving goodbye and taking off again at lighting speed, most likely to harass another park visitor. Ivy smiled and sighed softly to herself. She hadn't let it show but the shock of it really had worn her out. The oak tree she had eyed earlier was still blissfully free of ponies. Walking over, with more caution this time, she lowered herself onto the soft grass and shook off her saddle bags. Laying her head down on her hooves she sighed softly with a contented air.

"How blissfully peaceful it is here. Without the crazy fillies that is."

She thought as she lounged on the soft grass and drifted in and out of her subconscious. She felt herself just about to go under when she heard a noise above her.

"Oh what now."

She thought as she got up with a groan and returned the saddlebags to her back. Looking up she saw that the sky had darkened considerably since she had laid down. As a Pegasus she knew a bad storm when she saw one, so wasting no time getting home she flew instead of walked.

Flying cut the travel time in half so a half hour of travel turned into ten minutes also considering she took a direct route. Once back at her apartment building Ivy stood under the awning and shook herself, it had started raining when she was flying. When she was semi dry Ivy walked into the lobby and again noticed the receptionist wasn't there.

"Hmm maybe I was the only one who didn't know about the storm? I should probably ask where I can get a weather calender."

Ivy flew up to her door and unlocked it letting herself in. It was dark inside because the only like came from the windows and the storm blocked the sun. Considering her options Ivy emptied her saddlebag, put the map on the top of the dresser, and lit a candle. Her stomach had started grumbling so she went to the kitchen and fixed herself lunch. After she was done she took the candle over too the little table by the bed and set it there. Next, she went over to the shelf and picked out a mystery book. It was perfect for a rainy day. Climbing into bed, she read the book by the candle. Squirming a little to get comfortable, Ivy sighed and delved into the wonderful world of books.

Author's Note:

Longest chapter so far!:pinkiegasp: Hope you guys are enjoying reading it as much as I am writing it! :raritystarry: Thanks!:scootangel: