• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 331 Views, 6 Comments

Ivy Grows Anywhere - IvyBower101



Ivy always fit in everywhere. She never stood out, just melted into the shadows.

  • ...
7
 6
 331

Add Water

"Ivy"

Ivy heard a warm motherly voice calling out to her while slept.

"Ivy, come on get up. We don't have forever silly."

The voice seemed to get increasingly loud as Ivy started to get up.

"That's it sweetie. Come on."

After Ivy finally opened her eyes she nearly fell out of bed. Standing right before her was Luna, the co ruler of Equestria.

"My lady Luna, what in the world are you doing in my abode at such a late hour."

Ivy couldn't for the world imagine why on of her country's monarchs would visit her, at night no less.

"We're not at your house silly. We're in your dreams,and as the Princess of the Night it is my duty come come into your dreams. Especially ones of troubled mares and stallions."

"How did you know my dreams were troubled?"

Ivy was astounded that Luna was able to pinpoint one mares troubled dreams out of millions of others.

"Ivy sweetie you don't give me enough credit, it wounds me."

Luna put on the cutest pouty face Ivy had ever seen.

Ivy quickly blushed.

"Excuse me my queen that was wrong of me to say. You are most talented to have found me."

"Oh Ivy, I was only teasing, also stop being so formal. It's not like this is the royal gala. I'm here to talk to you so for now just call me Luna."

"Of course Your M-, I mean Luna."

Luna laughed and helped Ivy out of the tangled sheets of the dream bed.

"Luna if you don't mind me asking, why are you here and where are we?"

"Ah Ivy the first question i can answer, but unfortunately only you can answer the second."

Ivy looked at Luna with a questioning expression before looking around trying to discern the meaning of her surroundings.

All she could she was what looked like a standard bedroom, nothing stood out to her. Then it hit her.

"Are you saying that because it's my dream i control what i see."

Luna didn't speak but merely smiled as if to acknowledge her without out saying it verbally.

All the time they had been talking Luna had been leading the two of them to the door that lead out of the bedroom.

When they reached the door Luna turned to Ivy and started speaking.

"Now Ivy in response to your question, haven't I already answered it? Didn't I already told you i come specifically to dreams of troubled mares and stallions?"

"Yes, but what makes you certain that I am troubled?"

Ivy sounded a bit more defensive than she liked.

"Oh Ivy darling, any pony with a blind eye could tell you are troubled."

"No they wouldn't because they wouldn't see me. No one see me. Ever. I'm just that girl who's there but not there get it?"

Ivy was panting a little after that. Luna on the other hand had just sat though her rant not interrupting. When she finished Luna just gave her look that clearly said,

"See I told you."

Ivy gave her a sheepish look and consented with a heavy sigh.

"Now that is out of the way my dear why don't you tell me how you can fix that?"

Ivy gave her a look that meant, Are you crazy!, in every conceivable way.

"No dear I am not crazy just me. And anyways I know what I'm talking about, You can change the whole invisibility thing if you just try, and I'm mean really try to make an effort to be noticed. There is nothing else I can give you to try sadly."

Ivy dropped onto her hindquarters and thought about it for a few seconds.

"You know what Luna. You are completely right! I just need to make a conceivable effort to be noticed or i will just keep going on to be a shadow my whole life. I need to stop living in the past and start tackling the present and future!"

Luna smiled.

"That's it my dear keep up that attitude and you will shine brighter than the sun. Now I believe it's time for me to leave and you to wake up. Good bye Ivy, I hope to see you again."

"Wait Luna what do you me-."

At that moment Luna disappeared and Ivy's world faded to black.

Author's Note:

Third chapter!:raritystarry: I hope you all are enjoying it!