• Published 31st Jan 2015
  • 329 Views, 6 Comments

Ivy Grows Anywhere - IvyBower101



Ivy always fit in everywhere. She never stood out, just melted into the shadows.

  • ...
7
 6
 329

Plant

Walking into the room Ivy immediately noticed the big bookshelf set into the wall. It didn't have any books but that would soon change. Looking around the room Ivy knew she had scored big on a place to stay. The room had nice carpets, a twin bed with clean sheets and blankets, a small but functional bathroom, a kitchen that looked just her size, and all the rooms were a nice blue. Next to the bed was a small night stand and on the far wall of the bedroom was a big mahogany dresser. There were two large windows letting light and making the room nice and bright. Walking to the windows Ivy saw she had a nice view of the main plaza of Ponyville from there. Taking another deep breath Ivy walked back to the door to grab her bags. Once inside she shut the door. She took her suitcase over to the dresser and proceeded to empty them. Since Ivy didn't make a habit of wearing clothes, the suitcases were filled with all her belongings. She has hundreds of drawing pads and pencils, which she filled the drawers with. Ivy had many books with pages filled with color samples as well. On top of the dresser she produced one lone photo to go there. In the bathroom she placed her makeup and shampoo. In the kitchen she placed what remained of her lunch within the small icebox. In the bottom drawer of the dresser Ivy shoved all three now empty suitcases. Ivy stomach grumbled loudly. Knowing what was left of her meager lunch would never satisfy her. Ivy took a bag of bits, her saddlebags, the rest of her lunch to eat on the way, and went grocery shopping. Back down in the lobby not knowing where the market was she once again approached the now seemingly very bored receptionist.

"Excuse me ma'am, I hate to bother you again but could direct me to where the market is?"

Looking happy at having a job to do, the receptionist answered her,

" Sure, it's right down the road. It'll be easy to spot with it being the afternoon and all."

Ivy thanked her and walked out of the building. Not weighed down with heavy bags Ivy trotted quickly down the Avenue. Ivy heard the busy sounds of the market long before she saw it. When she did she it however her breath whooshed out of her. It was so big, and busy! Spotting a stall which sold all sorts of vegetables Ivy trotted over to get some. A little while Ivy trotted proudly though the market with saddlebags stuffed with fruits, vegetables, and bread. Walking back down the street Ivy spotted a Book store. Knowing she wanted to fill her bookshelf and she did have few bits left, Ivy went over to browse the book. A cute little bell jangled above her head as she opened the door. Inside there was a small checkout desk and shelves upon shelves of BOOKS! As Ivy walked over to the shelves she heard a little thump behind her. Turning around she say a light blue unicorn stallion around her age had fallen off a ladder with a stack of books. Hurrying over she helped him pile the books into neat piles. When done he turned and smiled.

"Thank you for helping me. I'm just such a klutz."

he rubbed his neck shamefully.

"No problem, it was no big deal."

Ivy said quickly.

" Well anyway."

he said straightening up.

" Is there anything here I can help you with?"

he asked helpfully.

"No i just wanted to browse, but thanks for the kind offer."

Ivy replied hastily.

"Okay i'll leave you to it."

With that he walked away giving her space to browse. Noticing a title that looked familiar Ivy went over to a shelf and started looking at the books. An hour later Ivy had a stack of books she had picked out and was heading to the checkout. After setting the books down and hitting the silver bell the stallion poked his head from behind a shelf of books.

"Are you finally done?"

He asked with a smug smile. Ivy cheeks turned red as she lowered her head to the floor.

"Yes, can I pay now?"

Ivy said in a small voice.

" Just teasing. Of course you can."

Walking over he rung her up and gave her the total. After paying Ivy said thank you and good bye and left. She walked home slowly due to the heavy books that weighed her down. By the time she got back to the Golden Horse Shoe the receptionist had already left for the day. Skipping the stairs and flying up to her room, Ivy opened the door and walked in. Ivy knew the room had been cleaned because it smelled clean, and because her belongings had been manhandled. Ivy first walked over to the kitchen and put her slightly squished food into the fridge. She Next took all the books she bought and put them on the shelf. Ivy had bought all sorts of books, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, And even Cookbooks. Taking one of the cookbooks she went into the kitchen and made herself dinner. After eating a soup of broccoli and potatoes, Ivy did the dishes and took a book off the shelf to read before going to bed. She only read about two pages before her eyes kept drooping. She was just SO tired! Putting the book back and shutting the curtains over the windows, Ivy climbed to bed and soon slipped into dream land. The land of Luna awaits.

Author's Note:

Hope you like this chapter!:pinkiehappy: