• Published 31st Oct 2015
  • 4,532 Views, 66 Comments

Rebirth - Sugarcube66



After a family visit to her parents, Nyx begins wanting to experience foalhood but will Twilight agree?

  • ...
7
 66
 4,532

Family Meeting

Nyx walked behind Twilight, taking in the majestic appearances of Canterlot. It wasn't like she had never seen Canterlot, just not up close like this. All the ponies were wearing up-class clothes, and walked with their heads pointing towards the sky. Why? She didn't know. But she did find it a bit funny. She thought about asking her mother for the reason as to the ponies' strange actions, but choose against it as they reached a part of Canterlot that she didn't see all that often, it was pretty close to the castle and unable to be seen from Ponyville, with or without a telescope.

She stopped for a little bit, to take in the beauty of Canterlot Castle. It was definitely a lot bigger then her mom's, but she half expected it to be as living in the castle was 2 majestic alicorns, and a bunch of servants. She glanced at the sun and smiled, she did enjoy the daytime that Celestia brought forth, something that her pre-incarnation took no interest in. Yet, at the same time, she enjoyed the night time. The beauty of the stars and the glistening moon that lit up the dark night made it a beautiful arrangement of light that she could look at all night. She admired the immortal alicorns for that reason, they were so creative in their work, something that she had failed at.

''Nyx?'' The black alicorn blinked, having been snapped out of her daze. She turned to see Sunset, looking at her worriedly. ''Aren't you coming along?''

''Oh, yea. Sorry, Sunset Shimmer....'' mumbled the filly, as she ran to catch up to her family. ''I just got distracted, that's all.''

''You sure? After all, you seemed pretty out of it.'' asked Sunset, curiously. ''Nob..'' She winced a second, and altered her sentence. ''Nopony stops all of a sudden like that, because they were distracted. Usually...''

''I just was looking around the city, and happened to spot the castle. I began thinking about how Celestia and Luna put so much effort into what they do...yet when I tried to take over, my efforts went to failure.''

''That sounds sad.....but, nopony's prefect. Not even Celestia.......The princess, she....always believes she's doing the best for ponies when in reality, she may be hurting them more then helping.'' She then whispered the last bit of the sentence, looking away from the foal. ''Like what she did to me, you and Twilight.''

''Is something wrong, Sunset?'' asked Nyx, looking up at the older, orange unicorn.

''No. Don't worry about it to much, sweetie. After all, you'll be able to meet the people who raised your mother today, you should be excited for that.''

''I am pretty excited......yet, I'm nervous at the same time. Auntie Pinkie calls it being 'nervous-excited', yet I'm just scared as to what they'll think of me.......I mean, I turned evil.....shroud the land in eternal darkness....and only half of Ponyville care about me....the rest, wish I was never born.'' A couple of tears rolled down Nyx's black cheeks. ''......Will they love me, Sunset......or will they hate me?''

Sunset frowned a little at the filly's fright. It was a bit illogical for a filly to be this frightened of meeting relatives, even though they were only by adoption. Yet, it was understandable at the same time, she had been through a lot in only a small space of time. After all, the filly's mental mind was that of a 1 year old even though she acts, speaks and can do anything that a normal school-aged filly should be capable of. She was pretty young and shouldn't have gone through any of that. ''I'm sure they'll love you, Nyx. I mean, despite that, you are a sweet, innocent and actually timid foal that anyone can love. You just as adorkable as your mother.''

Twilight obviously heard this as she blushed a little, as she walked up the path to her front door. She gently knocked, and waited a few minutes as Nyx arrived with Sunset, behind her. A voice eventually broke through as the door opened. ''Oh, Twilight! Your home, so what's this about you having a child?''

''Hey, mom. Ya, she's waiting to meet you. Can you get daddy then I'll introduce you to my daughter?'' said Twilight, to her mother. Nyx blinked as she took in her grandma's appearance, she seemed to be a normal white unicorn with a light purple and white mane, that was styled similarly to Twilight's, even down to the parting in her mane. Her eyes were a bright blue, and her cutie was of 3 dark blue-purplish stars.

''Sure, sweetie.'' She walked back in the house for a moment, and got Twilight's father. She then walked back, and smiled as her husband hugged their daughter. Nyx contiued to take in her grandparent's appearance, as she looked over her grandpa, who was a unicorn like his family and seemed to literally be blue all over, yet the non-blue bit was his yellow and purple crescent moon cutie mark. ''Twily, are you gonna introduce us to your charming daughter and friend then?''

''Yeah. Okay, mommy, daddy. This here is my beautiful daughter, Nyx.'' said Twilight, with a smile as she levitated her daughter in front of her and smiled.

''Twilight....'' mumbled a mother, with a hint of concern that frightened Nyx. ''She looks like the Nightmare Moon that took over Equestria all that time back......can you explain this?''

''Oh...'' whispered Twilight, nervously. ''Well, to explain, Nyx kinda is Nightmare Moon. She was born thanks to a spell, that a cult tried to cast that was aimed at bringing Nightmare Moon back as they believed she was the true queen of Equestria. Yet, Celestia interuppted the spell before it could be completed, and the spell was cast aside, being incomplete, it was very unstable and didn't finish. It created Nyx, who I found the next day. She was very weak, and I'll admit, I was scared to see a filly version of Nightmare Moon, yet I took her into my care under the disguise that I was keeping my eye on her. At first, that was it, yet I slowly began to think of her as my daughter. But, by the time I knew I was her mother, she was taken away from me and changed into Nightmare Moon. Nyx, she thought she had been betrayed by me and thus, hated me at first yet when she saved me a little while later, I knew she was still there. She brought herself back by slowly bringing back the sun and happiness to the ponies, yet she didn't believe she could change at first.........till I helped her believe it. With the help from Celestia and Luna, she changed back and I took full control over her, as a parent not just a guardian.''

''I see, that's a lot to take in at once.'' mumbled her father, nodding. ''But, I can see that you love her, Twily so I won't hate her or you.''

''I'm agreeing with my husband on this. Nyx, sorry if I scared you a little there.'' said Twilight Velvet, as she gently hugged Nyx.

Twilight smiled, as her parents fawned over her daughter. Sunset walked up and hugged Twilight. ''See, your parents do care about her, even though she has differences.''

''Yeah, I should have believed you.'' said Twilight, nuzzling Sunset gently and smiled.

Comments ( 42 )

I was just thinking of writing something this, inspired by Winter Bells and the Road Home.
Twilight is somewhat jealous of Cadance's pregnancy and wishes she would feel what it would be like, and one thing leads to another and oops wrong spell and Nyx gets unbirthed. and then stuck.

6610853 Hmm, your evil but I might bring the idea of jealousy into this story when I come down to Nyx asking Twilight.

Pretty cute, however I do have to wonder how Shiny will react in this one, he has a track record of not trusting Nyx in the fictions I've read.

That was a sweet chapter.

6610965 Yea.....because he believes she was evil....but no, he won't be appearing in this is considering this is set mid season 5, it can be expected that Twilight has already introduced Nyx to Shining, so I may have a flashback next chapter.....

Not sure what I think of this story, but it is not bad, so I give it a fair chance.

6613297 Hmm....I have the idea that they started dating just after Rainbow Rocks and then when Twilight found out about Sci-Twi, she got jealous of how much attention Sunset gave her........but yeah, if I were to put that into idea, I'd say they been dating for about 6 months....

just a question is this goanna get around 5 chapter's and then it kinda dies like so many other stories do

6620316 Hopefully not......there'll be a wait between chapters as I work on 3 different websites for writing and I just can't focus on too many stories at once....but I won't die after 5 chapters....

6620674 nice too many stories die too fast

Any idea when you'll be getting back to this one, just out of interest?

6820053 As soon as I can think again....

6822133 Okay, I won't rush you then.

7353589 When I sort myself out, I'm trying to focus on another website at the moment.....but once I've finished up what I'm doing there, I'll focus on these stories again. Read my blog on my plans.

I would like to have a new chapter please.

It needs refinement.

Question: Update?

Are you going to finish this?

im like 80% sure this story is dead

8635313
Presently, yes. I hope to continue sooner or later, can't write at the moment due to an injury...but I'm half-hoping to restore many of my incomplete stories.

8635583
alright but im not gonna hold my breath waiting for a update if that makes sense

8635592
I understood, more then you likely think. Since season 7 came out, I've been getting less and less interested in MLP to the point where I haven't seen half of season 6 and only seen 3 episodes from 7......thus, writing stories and keeping them to canon is harder and less interesting with my ever-growing loss of interest in the actual show. I don't dislike it, I just think that it declined in quality after season 5....maybe its just me though.

8635604
i recently joined the fandom during the hiatus of season 6 so season 7 was my first time watch the episodes as they come out so my liking of the show is still good I just cant write worth a damn

8635642
Whilst, I came into the fandom on day one pretty much......didn't know about bronies until around season 4, but was a heavy fan of MLP from all the way back in ep 1. I grow up watching gen 2 and 3, so of course I'd move onto FIM once it came out.....

8635770
wow your like one of the "oldest" bronies then

8635783
I suppose, though I'm young in terms of actual age at only 16. Plus, technically I'm a pegasister...but I hate the term XD

8636614
i like the name its clever

8636658
Nah, not a fan much. So I'm one of the girls who refer to themselves as a Brony, eh...

8636764
to each thier own but I do hope you do get a chance to continue the story some time next year

8636811
Yeah, I have some issues with writer's block and I want to focus on my more popular stories first.....which includes the rewrite to one of my few completed story being Midnight's Wish.

8636817
Yea, especially when you consider that the story I mentioned is also my longest ever written and so I struggle at times when re-writing it. I love that story and I want to make it better on the emotions, since I felt like the story was a big pity-party for the main character and I want to add some scenes to flesh her personality out like its supposed to be.

8636823
makes sense i do enjoy it and I do look forward to reading more of it

8636832
good luck to you and your works

''Twilight....'' mumbled a mother, with a hint of concern that frightened Nyx. ''She looks like the Nightmare Moon that took over Equestria all that time back......can you explain this?''

I'm sorry, but I about lost it when I read this. This is a good YEAR at least from the events of Past Sins. How the HELL do they not know this??!?!

hay do more chapters

Great start. Hate to see it paused. Hope all is well. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment