• Published 18th Jan 2015
  • 552 Views, 16 Comments

The Secret Side Of Discord - Lemon Pegasus



Have we ever seen Discord as a father?

  • ...
6
 16
 552

Denied

Author's Note:

Again, very serious stuff happened, I couldn't upload this yesterday, sorry.
Also, I'm changing my schedule, guys.
Usually, I upload daily excluding weekends. Now, I'll upload every other day and I'll work on drawings in between each upload, as my skills with art definitely need work. I am however planning drawn images for this story and for upcoming ones, as well as fan art (Octavia x Vinyl, definitely!) so, look forward to that. Also, if any of you know some good free software for making fan art, please, comment! My work will be published on DeviantArt, same username, and also here on my blog page.
Support is always appreciated, leave a like, brohoof: /)

"Follow me back to my place of work, I'll show you the plan. If you're in." Spiral Dust was not going to back out now.
"Sure, but, one quick question: is that really you're address on the poster?" The unknown pony shook his head.
"That's the address to a D.I.Y store, pay no attention."
"Wait!" Spiral Dust finished his drink, "Okay, now we can go." Him and the mysterious pony got to their hooves and made their way out the bar, entering the vast expanse of clouds that floated as the awe-inspiring city of Cloudsdale.

The two ponies continued to talk through their minds, their minds, readers, THEIR MINDS!!!!
"So, I don't believe I got a name?" Spiral Dust had to trust this pony, if he didn't even know his name, how could he?
"Call me Nova Surge." That is the coolest name Spiral Dust had ever heard!

"Hold on," Discord interrupted, "The phrase 'Nova' relates to stars, a swirl of something is like a surge..." Discord was thinking up his own head canon!
"Suppose it does," Spiral Dust replied, "But, we can not be 100% sure if it was his dad, unless we somehow bump into him!" A ridiculous coincidence wasn't going to happen this time.
"Discord, every time you interrupt me you have to smack yourself." Great.
"Urgh!" Discord slapped himself, Starswirl looked up at him, confused. Back to the story:

After a short journey -maybe a two minute walk- Spiral Dust and Nova Surge arrived at a simple sports shop! Was this the place, or did Spiral Dust accidentally get a job stocking shelves?

"Uhm, a sports shop" He asked. It was a block shaped building of large size, a bold sign reading "Nova Sports" in blue letters. In the store's curved windows, footballs and baseball gear was advertised, as well as some flight outfits for competitive racing events.
"Well, who would suspect a simple store owner performs jobs of a more dangerous type?" Nova replied through his mind spell. They entered the store, which was... very well maintained!

It certainly looked better than most stores, every piece of gear looked freshly polished and made with professional quality, and every shelf was neatly organised, not a single out of place item. It wasn't cramped either, there was plenty of space for three or four ponies to easily walk between each isle, isles that were labeled neatly and looked like ones you would find at a place selling a gold ball for one thousand bits, but no, these products were not only priced well, but priced cheap! A very high quality store selling very high quality products at prices that would be found at your local Poundland... Spiral Dust knew exactly how Nova Surge paid for this place! Did I just write an entire paragraph advertising Nova Surge's store?

"Yes you did."
Great, you're talking through MY mind now?
"Stop talking to me, the readers are getting mad."
Oh yeah, anyway:

Spiral Dust followed Nova Surge as he led him into a back room, the blue door reading "staff only" placed behind the counter. He was now in a fairly large room stacked with boxes of stock, not exactly as organised as the rest of the store!

There was one door that had a "private" tag on it, apart from that, it looked just as simple and plane as the others. The only odd thing about the door was the keyhole! It didn't look as if any sort of key would fit it, there was a just a strange, swirled pattern under the handle! Nova's horn started glowing, he then lowered his head and aligned the tip of his horn with the bizarre keyhole. Through the small, blue glow from Nova's horn, Spiral Dust saw the swirl pattern slowly spin and click into place. The handle then glowed from being grabbed by Nova's magic, and it was pushed down before the door creaked open.

Nova didn't open the door very far, as if hiding something. He made his way into the room before moving aside so Spiral Dust could come in. As he did so, he noticed that the curtains in this room were all closed, all light coming from two firefly lamps on either side of the room.

The room seemed to have pictures all over the walls, drawings linking together key photos, some followed by lists of equipment. Nova asked Spiral Dust a few questions.
"You won't tell police?"
"No."
"You're in?"
"Yes."
Suddenly, there was a sound like a blunt thud, and Spiral Dust collapsed.

...

He didn't know how much time had passed, in reality it probably wasn't THAT long. The bigger question was less about how much time had passed and more about where he was! Once the blurred images and darkness had faded away, he seemed to be in a blank room. He got to his hooves. The walls were all white, as well as the floor. There was no furniture, not even a toilet or bed. All that WAS there was a solid looking white door at one side of the room, and a small fan providing air on the other side.

He looked around, searching for anything that might provide an escape. All that was in here was a large solid door and some tiny holes in the wall so air could come in. Oh, if only the ponies here knew about his ability! You were all probably looking forward to some high energy chase scene, but... Spiral Dust had other means of escaping!

He twisted in the air and morphed into a colored cloud, floating on the air like some sort of boat on the surface of water. The holes in the wall were easily small enough for him to fit through in this form. Within a quick flash , the spiraling cloud of dust pulled itself through the tiny air holes with minimal effort. He reformed once outside. He was in a courtyard of some sort, with tall stone walls surrounding the expanse of cloud that stood outside this monster of a building, which appeared to have rainbows forming around it... what kind of building was this?

Although, there were other matters at hand here: there were guards. Walking around. Two of them, at the moment, wearing black and brown armor patrolling the grounds, wielding spears! This must have been some sort of high-security prison or hidden research base! Whatever it was, Spiral Dust had to get out! Especially now one of the guards had seen him.
"Hey, you! Stop there!" Spiral Dust was NOT going to stop though. Cue awesome music, maybe... Vinylicous by PON3?

As the guards charged at him, Spiral Dust leaped forward and morphed into his cloud form, catching the guards off-guard! Ha! I kid.
The guards had no clue where Spiral Dust had gone, but the pegasus had already morphed back into his physical form behind the guards, and gave both of them a mighty kick! The guards fell flat on their faces, allowing Spiral Dust to soar into the air and dive-bomb them from above! It was a very quick move that seemed to happen in a blur, though it was obvious when he collided with the skulls of these guards that this was a successful attack! There was a great force running through his legs and spine from the impact of the collision, though he didn't feel anything was damaged.

As the guards lay there motionless, Spiral Dust looked around to make sure nopony else was there. There, unfortunately, WERE other other guards out here, but they were quite a distance away and hadn't spotted him yet. Spiral Dust attempted to fly over the wall, which stood something like 20ft high! It was made of a very simple stone material with no pattern or attempt at decoration, just a simple stone wall! He was flying towards the rest of Cloudsdale, a good few healthy feet above this stone structure. He was expecting to be able to just fly over it, it was just open air, why shouldn't he be able to? But... he slammed into a barrier of some sort, a plastic thud sounds arising when he collided with the nothingness that seemed to stop him!

"Ouch!" He said to himself, rubbing his head. He prodded at the air in front of him... as a wise man once said, there's some kind of force field in the way! It was like a window of some sort, you can see through it, but you can't walk through it... There had to be some kind of way out! ....Right? He got in here somehow, if there's a way in, there must be a way out!

He looked behind him and came face to face with a monster of a building! It stood really tall and looked so plain, not a single window! It connected to a large box of a building, like some kind of prison! It looked abandoned, but all the guards surrounding this place would suggest otherwise! Speaking of which, it would appear a handful of guards on the Eastern front had seen him... and now there were charging towards him... and the unicorns there were shooting at him... "THIS ISN'T HOW I WANTED TO SPEND MY WEEKEND!"

Spiral Dust how to fly very quickly to avoid all the shots from these unicorns, bolts of lightning and balls of fire shot at him many times a second! He didn't want to have to fight all these ponies, he wanted out! Flying faster than he ever had done before, allowing all the heavy winds to blast into his face, he patrolled the grounds and searched for an exit, avoiding shots the whole time.

Eventually, after making a huge glide around the colossal building, he saw something: A large metal gate that was solid and black. Something like that wouldn't just be slapped on there for no reason, it must open!

He swooped down, towards the gate, just now noticing he was being followed by three or four pegasi! They all seemed to be desperate to catch him, the looks on their faces made that clear! Now just in front of the gate, Spiral Dust -with lightning speed- morphed into his cloud form and swooped through the gap under the enormous metal gate. He returned to his original form once outside the gate, hearing crashes behind him as the pegasi that followed collided with great force against the heavy metal plating.

He took some time to catch his breath before leaping off the cloud this building stood upon and gliding towards the rest of Cloudsdale. He had made it out. But he hadn't escaped.

There he sat on his couch, in his house, enjoying some cider. It was quiet. He rubbed his eyes.
"Well, great. I'll be dammed if I remain living here..." he was about to go pack when there was a knock at the door. He put down his cider and tiredly walked towards the door, it was late by now.

Spiral Dust peeked through the... I still don't know what that hole in the door you peek through is called, I'll Google it. Huh, just a Peephole. So, Spiral Dust looked through the peephole with curiosity... it was the police. Heart in mouth, he retreated for the back door. He just managed to get a peek of a police....horse, walk past the window. More escaping? Really? He made his way upstairs, hearing more knocking on the door followed by a deep voice. What he said was not heard, Spiral Dust wasn't paying attention.

He entered his bedroom. A single bed and cupboard was all the furniture that was in here, Spiral Dust didn't exactly have the capability of living in luxury. He made a run for the window, only opening it slightly so he wouldn't draw any attention for the 5-0. He then took a deep breath and transformed into his cloud form, we need a proper name for that... his... , dust form? Eh, it'll do.

While in dust form, Spiral Dust glided out the window and stayed close to the wall so no police-horses noticed an obvious cloud of dust flying away. He stayed close to the ground while slowly gliding away, the 5-0 not noticing him. The darkness helped. The police continued knocked at his door, despite the fact he was now 5 blocks away.

He need to gather his thoughts.
"Okay, the police are after me. I need to get away from here... what about Rock Climb? I can't leave him... I will be back for him. One day."

"So eventually I found Hollow Shades. It took a while, what with the huge distance to cover. I was going for Manehatten, but, Shades was much better!" Suppose that was the end of Spiral Dust's story.

"Well, how about that." Discord stated. Laba interrupted.
"Guys... problem! Big problem!"