• Published 18th Jan 2015
  • 551 Views, 16 Comments

The Secret Side Of Discord - Lemon Pegasus



Have we ever seen Discord as a father?

  • ...
6
 16
 551

Earn that pay check

So, Discord had to go to work... where exactly? A job as a lookout could be anywhere along the walls -which were thick and wooden and stood 3 meters high- so... would he just patrol? On that, there was a call to action!

"You're the new guy, right?" Discord saw that a male pegasus was calling for him, flying just above the wall. Yellow fur and a black mane. "Draconequues, name of Discord. That's you, right?" He sounded very calming, like one of those guys you'll here in a trademarked Sky box set up video.

"Yes, that's my name, feel free to ware it out." Discord replied, believing "don't ware it out" was simply too common for a new cool cat on the block to say.

"Yeah, well, you're with me, I'll be your sweet talker." Made sense, his voice was almost hypnotic! "Fly up here, I'll tell you how we work." Discord glided up to the pegasus, now... not being able to look away!

"Snap!" Discord suddenly regained focus and spoke.

"Uhm, what? Snap" Why would a pony just randomly say snap?

"My voice isn't naturally this calming, it's enchanted so attempts to make guards just walk by would be more successful." That explains a lot. "My eyes are enchanted to do the same thing, that's why you were so intrigued to look at me just then" That also explained a lot. Discord and this pegasus now started flying at a leisurely speed by the inside of this wall, making sure to hide most of their bodies behind said wall so any passers by should be none the wiser.

"So, here's how it works:" Hello and welcome back to another tutorial with Discord, today we have guest star: Pegasus with calming voice. "Me and you will patrol the wall, keeping a look out. If somepony is seen, the lookout -that's you- will cast an invisibility spell and watch him to see if he is just going to move on. If not, inform me, and I'll convince him to leave. If he's persistent, you go get help from a group of guards scattered at various points around the wall, they will cast a memory spell on the pony and take him elsewhere." Sounded simple enough, he was getting paid for this?

"So, for how long do we do this?" Discord asked. He didn't want to be working long past when Starswirl finished school.

"We have arranged a timetable so that working parents will finish their shift when school ends so that they may attend to their children." Yay, if only work in real life was like this. "You will have a lunch break at 12 o'clock then you come back here at 1 o'clock." Well, this seemed easy enough. Just flying around, chatting. Nothing really happened, as this Pegasus had told him, not much happens around the walls. Lunch break came and went, not like

"So, in case I'm captured and interrogated by a Canterlot guard, I'm going to have to give them a name!" Discord said to his pegasus companion.

"You can tell them Spiral Dust is coming to kick their plots." Sprial Dust? How odd!

"Why the funky name!?" Discord asked, having no idea that this may come off as quite offensive- hold on... where was he? Discord was shocked by the sudden appearance of some yellow and black swooping around him, as if blowing in the wind, yet the air remained still. Suddenly, the dust came together and took the form of the once again flying Pegasus.

"I was born in the middle of an apprentice school, at the time there was a shape shifting spell being cast in the other room, which was bounded upon my tiny body. Now, I can cast that same spell despite the fact I don't even have a horn!" What?

"I don't think it works like--"

"Somepony's here!" Discord and Spiral Dust ducked behind the wall. Discord activated his spell to make himself invisible and looked over the top of the wall. Walking by was a group of hikers... oh, it's the ponies who Discord saw while he was "borrowing" that cow! They just walked by, taking no interest...

He got deactivated his spell and returned to the side of the wall, out of view.
"False alarm, no interest." Spiral dust flew to his side and exhaled, relieved.

"Good, we haven't suffered a security breech in a long time, most ponies take no interest." One happening in hours upon hours of waiting, what fun!

"Anyway, your shift is over..." What? That didn't seem like THAT long, then again, don't complain about relatively short shifts, right?
"Follow me, I'll take you to where you can collect your payment." Discord followed Spiral Dust back to a small building with a pony at a desk inside, sat there, ticking names. This pony had a white mane and blue fur, and supposedly was a mare, and unicorn as well.

"Spiral Dust, Discord. Shifts are over." The pony ticked two names on her list and handed the two of them two pouches, each containing... payment? Discord took the pouch and shook it. Yeah, payment!

"I'll see you tomorrow, Discord?"
"Yes, yes, you will." Discord waved a farewell to his new found Pegasus buddy and made his way back home, to his surprise... a pony? Yes, ponies walking around was normal, but this one was sneaking around, yellow helmet, examining every detail of this place... who was he? What was he doing? Discord saw him call something before...

Boom.