• Published 1st Jan 2015
  • 1,359 Views, 36 Comments

“There is something that I want to ask you.” - Wacuire



Sky Ice have finally gathered up the courage to ask his marefriend, Silver Stream, to marry him. But when Silver tells him something that he'd never think of her. Can his love for who she is overcome the obstacle that is ahead of him?

  • ...
5
 36
 1,359

I love you no matter what

Sky Ice took a step back and let out a tired sigh. He had spent the past ninety minutes preparing a special supper for him and his marefriend, Silver Stream. He had made spinach-lasagna, which he knew she loved and bought some alcohol-free cider to have with it.

Normally, he wouldn't put this much effort into making supper, but then again, tonight wasn't an ordinary one. He had finally gained enough courage to ask Silver Stream to marry him.

He glanced over at the clock on the wall, he noted that Silver wouldn't be back from work for another fifteen minutes. He checked that he had everything prepared one last time before heading off into the bathroom and brushed his teeth, combed his quite long, green mane, which wasn't too hard since he was an unicorn.

With that out of the way, he took one last glance in the mirror to make sure that no spinach had gotten stuck in his bright-yellow fur. When he had confirmed that there weren't a single trace of spinach anywhere on his chest or muzzle, he exited the bathroom and made his way back into the kitchen.

Well back into the kitchen, he glances over at the clock once more and noted that Silver could be back from work any moment now.

He quickly lit the candle between the two plates on the table and put the pan with the spinach-lasagna on the table, then placed a big spoon by the pan.

Just as he had poured the alcohol-free cider into the two glasses on the table, he heard the sound of the front door being opened, and then closed a moment later.

“Ice! I'm home!” Silver called out from the hall.

“Welcome home Silvy!” Ice called back and walked towards the hall to greet his marefriend, smiling widely as he walked up beside the white coated earthpony with a short cut silvery mane and tail. “So, how was your day at work?” He asked.

“Okay I guess,” Silver replied with a sigh and then turned her head towards Ice. “So, what's for supper?” She asked and smiled faintly towards Sky Ice.

“Well, I thought we'd e having spinach-lasagna today,” Sky Ice replied with a warm smile. “Does that sound good to you?”

“That sounds lovely,” Silver replied and gave Ice a soft kiss on his lips, which he happily returned.

A few seconds later Ice broke the kiss, gazing into Silver's emerald-green eyes. “I'll take that as a yes,” He said and smiled warmly towards her. “Now, I believe the lasagna will get cold if we don't eat it soon, so why don't we just move in into the kitchen and eat it before it does?” He suggested.

“Yeah, sounds good.” Silver confirmed, then the two ponies walked into the kitchen and sat down by the table, where both food and drinks were prepared, and started eating.

“So, was the lasagna good?” Ice asked, smiling towards his marefriend on the other side of the table.

Silver looked up at him, then smiled before she spoke, “Yes, it was.” She confirmed and smiled towards the unicorn.

“Well, I am glad to hear that,” Ice said and smiled back. “So, did anything worth mentioning happen at work today?” He asked after a moment of silence.

Silver looked at him thoughtfully for a moment. “Well, I managed to get a few sets of silverware done, and I walked into an old friend from high-school on my way home.” She replied and took a sip of her cider.

“Huh, was it somepony that I've met before?” Ice asked and took a bite of the lasagna.

“Do you remember Onyx Bolt?” Silver asked, tilting her head to the side slightly.

Ice looked at her thoughtfully for a moment. “The dark-purple colt with a black mane? A gem as a cutiemark?” He guessed and raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, him.” Silver nodded.

“So, did you talk to him? Or did he just pass by?” Ice asked and took a sip from his glass.

“Yeah, we did talk for a while, although she prefers to be called Onyx Star now.” Silver replied and took a sip from her glass.

“Wait, she?” Ice asked and raised an eyebrow.

“Um... Yeah, apparently he went through a gender change a few months ago.” Silver shrugged and took a bite of the lasagna.

“So, how was... she, then?” Ice asked a bit hesitantly, and took a sip of his cider.

“Fine, I guess,” Silver shrugged. “She said that the past few weeks had been kind of rough for her and her, marefriend, but they managed to sort it out in the end.” She said, smiling faintly towards her special somepony as she took another sip from her glass.

“Well, I'm glad things worked out for them in the end,” Ice said and returned the smile. “So, did did you two talk about anything else?” He asked after a moment of silence.

“Not really, just work and stuff.” Silver replied and sighed, lowering her gaze slightly.

“Silvy, are you alright?” Ice asked with a concerned tone. “You're usually more talkative.”

Silver looked up at him, looking into his sky-blue eyes. “Sorry, just had a long day,” She replied and took a bite of her lasagna. “Can we talk about it after supper?” She asked hesitantly. “There's just something I need to tell you.”

“Of course.” Ice replied and smiled faintly towards her. Feeling his courage to slowly slip away.

“Thank you,” Silver said and returned the smile. “So, how was work today?” She asked.


The two ponies spent the rest of the supper chatting mostly about their work, a few stories about their pasts and whatnot. And upon Silver's request, they would discuss whatever she wanted to say in their bedroom.

While Sky Ice was taking care of the dishes, Silver was waiting in their bedroom. Both of them trying to calm themselves down, but with little success.

After doing the dishes, Ice made a quick stop by the bathroom to make sure that his mane still was combed, and he hadn't gotten any spinach stuck between his teeth.

With that out if the way, he slowly moved towards the bedroom. He stooped right outside the door, taking a deep, final breath before entering the room, finding his marefriend, lying on the bed.

He trotted over to the bed and lay down beside Silver, gently wrapping g his forehooves around her in an embrace, which caused the mare to turn around, lying muzzle to muzzle with him.

“Thanks hun.” Silvery said and returned the hug, nuzzling his shoulder.

Ice rubbed her back gently, hoping that it would provide some kind of comfort for her. “So, there was something that you needed tell me?” He asked after a moment if silence.

Letting go of her stallionfriend, just enough to leave a small gap between their muzzles. “Yeah, I guess so.” She admitted.

Okay, just play your cards right and you'll be fine Ice, just stay calm and you'll be fine. The unicorn thought for himself. “Alright, go ahead.” He said with a small nod.

Silver closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “First off, I want you to know that I do, and always will love you.” She started and bit her bottom lip. “You've been there for me when I needed you, and for that I will always be grateful.” She continues, tightening the embrace just a little bit. “And I can only hope that you would still want to be my special somepony after what I am about to tell you.” She said, fighting back the tears behind her eyes.

Sky Ice instinctively patted her on her back and then have her a soft kiss on top of her muzzle. “Silvy, there isn't a single thing in Equestria that would make me let you go just like that,” he said gently and gave her another kiss on top of her nose. “As long as you love me, nothing else really matters.”

Silver opened her eyes and looked up at Sky Ice and couldn't help but smile brightly at the words, feeling just a little bit more relieved. “Ice, you know how some ponies sometimes dye their coat or their mane into different colors, maybe because they want a new look, a change in their life or just don't feel comfortable with their?” She asked, gazing into Sky Ice's sky-blue eyes.

“Yes.” He confirmed with a slightly confused look on his muzzle.

“Well, there are some ponies that take it a little further, like earrings and stuff,” she continued, taking another deep breath before she spoke again. “Then, we have a few ponies who might want, a narrower muzzle, bigger or smaller ears, because they would feel more comfortable that way,” She said and closed her eyes again. “Because some ponies doesn't really feel comfortable with their body, so some of them decide to do like Onyx, and change their gender, because they would feel more comfortable that way,”

“And I am like one of those ponies,” She admitted, once again feeling the tears burning behind her eyes. “Because I do not feel comfortable being a mare, not for a long time. And it j-just got worse and worse e-everyday. S-so a few days ago, I spent a bunch of the bits I had been s-saving up to pay f-for the s-sex-change.” She finished and closed her eyes, fighting back the tears that was burning behind her eyes and hugged Sky Ice tightly.

Still a bit stunned, the unicorn held the mare closer to himself, gently patting her on the back.

Silver had always been a cheerful pony, she rarely even shed a single tear. Yet, here she was, almost weeping openly in front of him. The mare who he had gotten to know several years ago. Who had ways been there for him, even before they started dating. The mare who he had shared his very first kiss with, the pony who he had grown to love and adore for who she were.

So did it really matter if this pony was a he or a she?

A few minutes later, Silver had managed to calm down, a little bit at least.

“So, I guess this means that you're going to be a stallion soon? Ice asked, breaking the silence.

“Y-yeah.” Silver replied and sniffed, nuzzling a bit deeper into Ice's chest.

Another silence filled the room.

Sky Ice glanced down at the mare who was resting her head upon his chest. The pony he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, the one pony that he could never life without.

“Silver.” Ice spoke gently.

“Yes?” Silver asked, not moving an inch.

“There is something that I want to ask you.”

Author's Note:

When you love someone, you love them for who they truly are, and not what they look like.



Thank you, for reading this story.

I assume that there are quite a few grammar errors, since I wrote this story on a phone in less than 12 hours... And was never proofread in any way... (I apologize for that)

Sky Ice, the word sky might not fit for an unicorn, but let's just say it was based on his eyes...

If you saw any big grammar errors, feel free to point them out. That is how I improve as a writer.


And Silver Stream and Sky Ice did get married...

Well, have nice day/night!

Comments ( 28 )

5450855 Thank you ^^

5450940 Thank you, and I'll fix that error immediately...

5453566 care to point but out then? :twilightsheepish:

(If it was about obstacle that is ahead of HIM, I used him because I thought Silver already had moved past that thing)

5454356 Thank you ^^

5454857 ...

...

I know next to nothing about grammar... okay? (heh, I'll fix that now :twilightsheepish:)

5454905 ;3 Thank you for the help. :heart:

i know you said that there are some errors somewhere in your story, but i didn't find any while reading it. eh, oh well. other than that, it was a lovely story.

Shit, did they finish that lasagna?

Oh wait, they did?

Okay. This is a good story then.

TURN UP

media.tumblr.com/6cf71cad2250ff2ad2ebfd69faa08f88/tumblr_inline_mnu5wlxen81qz4rgp.gif

5465737 ... Did I write a story on my phone without grammar errors???

And thank you for the kind words :twilightsmile:

5466066 you decided if the story was good or not based on if they did or did not finish the spinach-lasagna?

And the picture didn't work...

(Also, thank you for the feedback :yay:)

5466496 The picture did work. Just maybe not for you.

And fret not! The spinach lasagna was a very big part of the story for me. :rainbowlaugh:

5467537 Glad to hear that ^^ (And the picture worked for me now)

5466489
you shouldn't doubt what a phone could do. most of them have good spelling powers in them. and you are welcome.

Thank you for this story. It was really wonderful.

5473334 Thank you for the feedback :twilightsmile:

Well that's, something, I'm not to sure how to feel about this.

But I give you a like non the less.

5589133 well, mission accomplished then, I guess...

My main goal was to make just stop and think... Which I seem to have done here :twilightsmile:

5610887 Thank you :twilightsmile:

Wait, why? xD

5611082 I actually made someone cry with a story?

*takes of nerd-glasses* awesome.

5611120 Well, sorry about that, I guess... at least you know to not do the same in the future...

Anyways, glad that you liked the story :twilightsmile:

Touching. I don't want to be in sky ice's shoes.. i don't know if i can handle it.

5613384 thank you :twlightsmile:

Eh, you will most likely not find yourself in a situation like this. So don't worry.

5613589 As someone who is in exact that situation (actually an even more complicated one, but won't go into details here) I can only say I'm glad I'm not just attracted to one gender, or else I would probably have a broken heart by now.
While the person I apparently originally fell in love with is disappearing changing a lot, I will hope that it will not be too much to drive us apart, and that I maybe even get to fall into love with the same person a second time again, and who wouldn't want to do that? :twilightsmile:

5909439 Well, I hope you two will be able to stick together, then. Best of luck! :twilightsmile:

5911420 Yeah, it's gonna be complicated, though. Thanks

Nice story very hearthwarming :twilightsmile:

I didn't really look for mistakes but I did notice this:
“You've been there for me when I needed you, and for that I will always be great full.”
That is supposed to be 'grateful'

5961418 ... Well, I wrote this on a phone xD can't get it perfect :P

I'm happy that you enjoyed the story, though :twilightsmile: despite the 'lack of knowledge'

Login or register to comment