• Published 15th Jun 2015
  • 1,213 Views, 9 Comments

Snowy Days and Nights - TheBluWaffle



When Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy get caught in an unexpected snowstorm, it's up to Dash to save a weakened Fluttershy from an icy grave.

  • ...
1
 9
 1,213

Part 6- Reunited

Another two days passed without much happening. The only good thing was that the doctor actually let Dash walk around for once, but to Dash's disappointment, he still didn't allow her to fly. Besides that, it was another boring and agonizingly slow two days. Once again, there was no new news of Fluttershy's status; the same things were said. "She just sleeping" and She'll probably wake up within the next couple days." Dash was sick of hearing it. She just wanted her to wake up already! She didn't want to sound mean or anything, but she was getting way to antsy, and it seemed like her wake up call was overdue. Dash fidgeted around in her bed, trying to get those thoughts out of her head. Fluttershy deserves as much time as she needs...no matter how much Dash wanted her to wake up. She sighed.

She heard the door open. She craned her neck to see the doctor. She only groaned under her breath.

"Hello Dash." Was all he said. Dash didn't answer. "I can tell your getting impatient, and I understand that...which is actually the reason I came in here."

Dash's ear perked up. "What did you say?"

He smiled. "Come on, I want to show you something." He said, motioning to the door.

Dash was already out of bed before he head finished his sentence. She raced out the door, running to Fluttershy's room. If her hunch was right, then this would be the time. Her heart was racing from her activity and her sheer excitement. She hopped that this was it. The doctor appeared a moment later.

"She just woke up, so try not to be too loud." The doctor said. He opened the door, and she looked straight to the bed, a wide smile on her face. The smile immediately faded when she saw that Fluttershy was not awake, her back towards Dash. She felt crushed on the inside. The doctor had tricked her!

She looked at the doctor with tears in her eyes. How long she had waited for her, only to be ruined by his sick prank. The doctor looked shocked when he saw Dash's face, not understanding why she was so upset.

"S-So...that's what I get huh?! You bring me all the way here just to show my sister still asleep?!" She yelled, anger flashing across her face. "Why would you do that?!" The doctor realized, once he had glanced quickly over to the bed, that Fluttershy had fallen asleep! Oh no, this looked very bad.

"No no no! She was awake a moment ago--" He said in his defense.

"You're so cruel!" She turned away, angry and crestfallen. "Y-You knew how long I've...waited for her to wake--"

She was interrupted by a voice. "Dash...you shouldn't be yelling right now."

Both of them looked to where the voice came from. Fluttershy's light blue eyes were staring right at Dash, and she had a soft smile on her face. Dash's eyes welled up with more tears, those this time, they were tears of relief, and happiness.

Dash trotted over to her, stopping just before the bed.

"F-Flutters...Is it r-really you?" She stammered. Her smile widened and she nodded her head.

That's when Dash hugged her. She wrapped her hooves and her wings around Pegasus in a warm and tight embrace. Fluttershy sighed, feeling Dash's soft blue fur mesh against her own yellow fur.

Dash leaned her muzzle into her shoulder and sobbed, not even trying to hold back. The emotions were flowing through her, happiness, relief, sadness, and a tint of anger that still didn't go away. She would have to apologize to the doctor later, but for now, her focus was on Fluttershy.

Fluttershy leaned into her, closing her eyes and taking in every feeling of Dash's embrace. She hadn't felt her soft fur in what seemed like weeks, which was far too long. She also felt the slightest graze of feathers, which made her tingle inside.

They stayed that way for minutes on end, Dash keeping Fluttershy comfortable in her hooves and wings. Dash's sobs began to subside, and when she finally pulled away, she had stopped crying altogether. She stared straight at Fluttershy, eyes red from the many tears, but she had a smile on her face. Fluttershy had kept that same smile through the whole hug. She didn't want her to pull away, to be honest, but she knew that they had a lot to talk about.

Fluttershy broke the silence. "H-How long was I out?" She asked.

Dash sighed. "Um...five days."

Fluttershy was shocked. "Five days?! Why didn't someone wake me up before?"

"The doctor wanted you to get as much sleep as possible." Dash paused. "You understand, right?"

She nodded. "Yeah...the doctor knows best."

Dash chuckled. "I wanted to wake you up earlier..."

Fluttershy smiled. "I had a feeling you did."

There were a couple beats of silence, before Fluttershy spoke again.

"Rainbow...how did I, you know, end up in the hospital?" She asked.

Dash was surprised by the question. "What? You mean...you don't remember?"

"Remember what?"

"Us at the park, and then the snowstorm and then..." Dash trailed off. She didn't want to say anything more, for good reason. "You're telling me you don't remember any of it?"

Fluttershy tried to bring her thoughts together in remembrance, but nothing came up. "N-No...I don't. The last thing I remember was...we were at the park, and there was a little bit of snow, but that's it. Nothing about...a blizzard."

Dash was shocked. Somehow, her premature death had erased the memory of the blizzard clear from her mind.

"Maybe it's a good thing you don't remember it then..." Dash murmured.

"Why? Did something happen?" She asked, concern in her voice.

Dash looked away. "I shouldn't tell you..."

"Tell me what?"

"It might freak you out, I...I shouldn't--"

Dash was cut off. "Dash, I want to know what happened. What are you not telling me?" Her voice barley going above a whisper.

Dash sighed. She couldn't go back now. "Okay...I'll tell you..." Dash told her everything, every little detail, including every word they both spoke. The vivid image came back in her head when she started reciting that awful day, and it pained Dash to remember. Fluttershy was completely silent throughout the story, listening intently to her words, the tears starting to form in her eyes. Fluttershy hadn't remembered any of this, yet this experience sounded so traumatizing that it should've stayed with her for the rest of her life. How was this possibly?

Dash sucked in a shaky breath as she finished. She didn't even want to speak for the rest of the day if she could. She closed her eyes.

Fluttershy sniffed, leaning into her, giving her a soft hug, making Dash shudder.

"Y-You...saved me." Fluttershy breathed.

Dash shakily sighed. "I...I w-wasn't going to leave y-you...out there..."Dash said softly, nuzzling her face into her shoulder.

Fluttershy stroked her soft hair, making her sigh. She could feel Dash's tears on her shoulder, the cyan Pegasus sobbing words through her shuddering breaths.

"I-I'm n-not going to l-leave you...h-however l-long it takes...f-for you to recover...I-I'm not leaving y-your s-side..." Dash stuttered. Fluttershy closed her eyes, feeling every bit of Dash's embrace; her soft fur against hers, her little muzzle buried in her shoulder, her tears staining the same area. It made Fluttershy sad, but at the same time, it made her feel relieved, relieved that she was letting all her emotions out with her. That's exactly what she needed right now, an emotional purge, especially after this whole ordeal. This was one of the saddest things that Fluttershy has heard in her entire life, and though she didn't remember it, she lived through the whole thing. Fluttershy hugged her tighter.

Dash raised her head, not looking directly at Fluttershy. She felt embarrassed from her crying, like she always did. She whipped the tears away from her eyes, sniffling.

"Dash...look at me..." Fluttershy said. Dash whimpered. Fluttershy put a hoof to her chin, trying to will her head up, despite her obvious embarrassment. "Please?" She asked.

Dash slowly lifted her head, staring at Flutters with tear-stained magenta eyes. Fluttershy smiled. She always thought Dash looked absolutely stunning when she cried. It was the eyes...the eyes always got her.

Dash took a breath. "I...I'm n-not losing you again..." She said.

Fluttershy sighed. "You won't have to worry about that. I'm not going anywhere."

"B-But...w-what if something l-like this happens again? W-What if there was--"

Fluttershy put a hoof to her mouth, stopping her sentence. "Dash, don't think like that okay? This is supposed to be a happy time. Don't think anything bad alright?" Fluttershy said.

Dash nodded slowly. "A-Alright Flutters...you're right." She said, smiling back. Fluttershy was relieved to see her smile. Dash leaned into her again, resting her whole body on Flutters'. Flutters continued stroking her hair, humming a soft tune. Dash could feel and hear Fluttershy's heartbeat, that sweet thumping in her chest she never thought to hear again. Dash sighed, relaxing herself on her body. Fluttershy sighed herself, feeling suddenly sleepy. Dash was getting drowsy from a mix of her heartbeat, and her soft breaths, her chest rising and falling slowly with them. She closed her eyes, letting the feelings take her away into a mental flight. Fluttershy smiled down to her, taking a deep breath.

"I love you Dash." She said, closing her own eyes and leaning her head back on the pillow.

"I-I love you too Flutters." Dash replied.

They both drifted off to sleep, Dash resting in Fluttershy's hooves. They both were happy to be reunited once more.

Comments ( 3 )

Awww~ Fluttershy finally woke up! Yay! I can't wait to see the entire family together again :D

Great job!

i.imgur.com/32AX7Sg.png

That ending leading up to that ad...

6159651 Wow...I did not realize that happened. Haha!

Login or register to comment